[Official] Starcraft 2 Strategy & Discussion Thread - Page 727 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #7261 of 25319 Old 12-22-2010, 11:21 AM
New to Overclock.net

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 270
I think they temporarily removed Shukarus from the map pool because of that bug i posted.

PSN Profile: Doom-
Battlefield 1 Profile: https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/profile/pc/DoomDash/
Excited for: RE7 DLC, Tekken 7 DLC, The Evil Within 2 DLC.
Currently Playing: Misc on CFW 3DS, The Evil Within 2, Tekken 7, Super Mario Odyssey.
Cars: 1987 Toyota Supra Turbo, 2007 Infiniti G35x.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7262 of 25319 Old 12-22-2010, 11:25 AM
4.0ghz

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by yks;11740163 
He doesn't tell you what to do or what strat to use though. So I don't know where you're getting that from if you haven't watched an episode.

Day9 is just like a GSL game, only better, because he can pause and fast-forward AND* typically he watches the replay before hand and sifts through the good ones before showing us, saving us time in finding good replays.

Don't be bias, a source is a source, so why not pick up and piece info together from ALL sources. Other players, pro games, AND day9
Typo on my part tongue.gif I'm not being bias. I'm just stating that I'm not interested in watching day9 and as for pieceing together information, it's really up to me to decide where to piece it from and day9 isn't on my list atm smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDash;11740233 
If you were that good at analyzing your own games you'd be better.

Go watch Day9.
lol, analyzing is one thing, fixing said mistake is another tongue.gif Sometimes I also watch replays for the purpose of seeing some grand battles again, like that stalkers against battlecrusiers in my last PvsT game I played. Basically, to me, sc2 is about enjoying the game, trying out different races with their strats and improve my skills as time passes smile.gif

I've fixed some previous mistakes of mine, but, usually will find something else to fix especially when I started playing P/T recently smile.gif Having said that, I'm nowhere near the same level when I started playing especially if I play as Z, so again, I'm satisfied with my progress.

For the bolded part, you and EmMule have had firsthand experience of how unreliable my net can be, so, how can I be expected to play 20 games a day when I only have 1-2hr at night to *possibly* get in a game without lag? Essentially, practice makes perfect and being unable to practice as much as I would like means I can't get better much faster smile.gif Also, life >> sc2, sorry guys tongue.gif

You guys should relax a bit. I get it, you admire if that's the correct term, day9. Nothing wrong with that, however, you make it sound like if you don't watch day9, you will forever stink horribly at sc2 and will never get better which I'm sorry to say is not the case XD

^^nice that they removed it. I hate that map, have never won a single game from 15 or so on it doh.gif

Playing:
- Starcraft 2 (Profile, Replays(1, 2))

Clubs:
- Canadian OCN Club (link)
- OCN Diablo III Club (Info, link)
post #7263 of 25319 Old 12-22-2010, 11:35 AM
New to Overclock.net

We are saying there is no good reason not to watch Day9, that's all. Think of it as a very helpful bonus to what you are already doing. You are so damn stubborn.

That map rocks.... almost everyone likes it. You probably just aren't very good on it. It's not even a Terran map and I love it.

Currently Playing: Misc on CFW 3DS, The Evil Within 2, Tekken 7, Super Mario Odyssey.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7264 of 25319 Old 12-22-2010, 11:42 AM
4.0ghz

Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDash;11740535 
We are saying there is no good reason not to watch Day9, that's all. Think of it as a very helpful bonus to what you are already doing. You are so damn stubborn.

That map rocks.... almost everyone likes it. You probably just aren't very good on it. It's not even a Terran map and I love it.
lol, you just realized that now? tongue.gif I'm the kind of guy who sticks to his gun regardless of the outcome smile.gif

Likely not, hate the rocks at the back. Love the long distance, but, have had many bad experiences on it in the past. I haven't played on that map for a while now though, so, can't really tell how much different everything will be now smile.gif

Playing:
- Starcraft 2 (Profile, Replays(1, 2))

Clubs:
- Canadian OCN Club (link)
- OCN Diablo III Club (Info, link)
post #7265 of 25319 Old 12-22-2010, 11:43 AM
Overclocker in Training

Liked: 66
i accidentally woke up at 12pm EST...might be sleeping again in a bit but frack that...time for some games...BF you good to go?

@Day9 discussion: well i haven't been watching his vod's lately liek i said due to work...but i've learned a buttload of stuff from him specially micro/macro stuff, economy game and know when to retreat/attack...

man i really need to let go of my SC1 hotkeys...CC/OC/PF = 0 | attack group 1,2,3 | rax = 9 | fac = 8 | ports = 7 | everything else is blank >__<<br />
also i've been watching SC2NoobSchool over at YT as he does give some good stuff.

(~^_^)~
post #7266 of 25319 Old 12-22-2010, 11:44 AM
New to Overclock.net

No logical reason not to watch day9 as a bonus. Just saying the only person your hurting is yourself. If that's what you want so be it.

post #7267 of 25319 Old 12-22-2010, 11:45 AM
yks

Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFan View Post
^^nice that they removed it. I hate that map, have never won a single game from 15 or so on it
you can hate shakuras, that's fine, your personal opinion. in my opinion, i like it.

but how haven't you won on it? it has like Zerg written all over it. It's like #2 next to Scrap, Distance wise.

lets play, NOW! practice some shakuras games.

Starcraft II: yks 303
post #7268 of 25319 Old 12-22-2010, 11:48 AM
yks

Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFan View Post
as for pieceing together information, it's really up to me to decide where to piece it from and day9 isn't on my list atm
its like going to the library and only reading books when you can do books AND wi-fi the internet there.

i dont see how more information is bad. especially when its useful information.

Starcraft II: yks 303
post #7269 of 25319 Old 12-22-2010, 11:49 AM
Overclocker in Training

Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by yks View Post
you can hate shakuras, that's fine, your personal opinion. in my opinion, i like it.

but how haven't you won on it? it has like Zerg written all over it. It's like #2 next to Scrap, Distance wise.

lets play, NOW! practice some shakuras games.
can i add you yks? PTR or retail?
post #7270 of 25319 Old 12-22-2010, 11:49 AM
First Time Build

Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by CramComplex View Post
i accidentally woke up at 12pm EST...might be sleeping again in a bit but frack that...time for some games...BF you good to go?

@Day9 discussion: well i haven't been watching his vod's lately liek i said due to work...but i've learned a buttload of stuff from him specially micro/macro stuff, economy game and know when to retreat/attack...

man i really need to let go of my SC1 hotkeys...CC/OC/PF = 0 | attack group 1,2,3 | rax = 9 | fac = 8 | ports = 7 | everything else is blank >__<

also i've been watching SC2NoobSchool over at YT as he does give some good stuff.

(~^_^)~
Heh, I was using the same hot keys for a while when I was playing primarily as Terran. But reaching all the way to 0 as zerg for your hatcheries is tiresome.

Now I use 1-2-3-4 for units, and 5 for queens, 6 for hatcheries, 7 for OLs/Overseers.

sniper.gifCYBORG R.A.T. Owners Club
SC2: sKsVdek.597

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page