post #8861 of 25319 Old 01-08-2011, 09:50 PM
4.0ghz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDash;11944271 
I just remember u playing that pretty bad Diamond ( now Plat ) T player, looking like you were going to win it ( 50 minutes in )... and you disc! I would be so pissed. At least it wasn't a ladder game, I hate disconnecting in ladders. I've got about 5-10 disconnects myself in ladder ( crashes when my RAM was bad, OCZ Gold DDR3, and some random internet cut-offs ).
I know, it was a shock but considering I had no clue what he had planned at that gold, maybe it was for the better XD Having said that, I did have another exp taken and there were another 3 more than I could've easily taken(one behind my base, 2 others adjacent to my base(left)), so, I could've taken that had I moved all my drones and destroyed those rocks in the back of my base smile.gif My disconnects are all net related and I experience crazy lag when there are many units on screen even with this 570(might tone down settings to reduce that :/). I should mention though that if we compare our disconnects to our number of games played, might are a much greater value(%) than yours tongue.gif

Playing:
- Starcraft 2 (Profile, Replays(1, 2))

Clubs:
- Canadian OCN Club (link)
- OCN Diablo III Club (Info, link)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8862 of 25319 Old 01-08-2011, 09:58 PM
New to Overclock.net

Liked: 270
Well of course.

PSN Profile: Doom-
Battlefield 1 Profile: https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/profile/pc/DoomDash/
Excited for: RE7 DLC, Tekken 7 DLC, The Evil Within 2 DLC.
Currently Playing: Misc on CFW 3DS, The Evil Within 2, Tekken 7, Super Mario Odyssey.
Cars: 1987 Toyota Supra Turbo, 2007 Infiniti G35x.
post #8863 of 25319 Old 01-08-2011, 10:20 PM
4.0ghz

You know, I'm fine with disconnects, they come and go, but, the game alt-tabbing out RIGHT as I engage my Z opponet is ridiculous. PvsZ on meta, he gets a large hydras force, so, I decide to try hts with storm and made the chargelots+stalker with some sentries. Idea was to storm and try to push back using sentries. Right as the battle is about to start, because, he was on the move, game alt-tabs out, not once but twice, I got back in less than 10sec later, only 4 zealots+3 stalkers left mad.gif

Playing:

Clubs:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8864 of 25319 Old 01-08-2011, 10:22 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFan;11944675 
You know, I'm fine with disconnects, they come and go, but, the game alt-tabbing out RIGHT as I engage my Z opponet is ridiculous. PvsZ on meta, he gets a large hydras force, so, I decide to try hts with storm and made the chargelots+stalker with some sentries. Idea was to storm and try to push back using sentries. Right as the battle is about to start, because, he was on the move, game alt-tabs out, not once but twice, I got back in less than 10sec later, only 4 zealots+3 stalkers left mad.gif

Imagine if you were trying to keep marines alive vs banes when the game alt tabs tongue.gif. Never happened but I would just imagine it being bad.

Currently Playing: Misc on CFW 3DS, The Evil Within 2, Tekken 7, Super Mario Odyssey.
post #8865 of 25319 Old 01-08-2011, 10:33 PM
New to Overclock.net

BTW I forgot how much fun SP is... though Brutal makes me very mad.

post #8866 of 25319 Old 01-08-2011, 11:15 PM
4.0ghz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDash;11944689 
Imagine if you were trying to keep marines alive vs banes when the game alt tabs tongue.gif. Never happened but I would just imagine it being bad.
I can only imagine tongue.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDash;11944807 
BTW I forgot how much fun SP is... though Brutal makes me very mad.
SP is fun to play, wish the story had more depth to it though. I don't mind happy ending if you can even call it that, but, the more complex, the more interesting the story smile.gif

Man, I wonder if this tilt will ever go away, 0-2 again tonight :/ First game, I get the alt tabbing and can't let any storms off as a result. Second game, TvsT on scrap, I decide to do a hellion drop but my timing was really off, although I did kill some of his units. He eventually tried to attack with MMM and some bc. Made a lot of vikings in anticipation and placed my tanks near a choke between my main and exp, so, he lost all his bcs, backed off and I got his exp on that little island, so, I was optimistic.

Everything from there went downhill. Due to lacking of scouting, I didn't see him massing thors until a bit too late to make more tanks. He ended up getting like 7-8 thors with some MMM so even though I caught him at a choke between our 2 bases(through those 2 rocks), I still needed a couple more units(mostly tanks), so, I lost my main and my 2 exps. Funny enough, I take refuge on that island and nuke his main 3-4 times taking out a lot of depots and some army units before he's finally able to take it out. Total time > 1hr XD

Edit: Look at that, 2222 thumb.gif

Playing:

Clubs:
post #8867 of 25319 Old 01-09-2011, 12:19 AM
4.0ghz

Liked: 170
Everytime I come back here I gota check 5 pages back since my last conversation. Hold on.
post #8868 of 25319 Old 01-09-2011, 10:00 AM
2.4ghz

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowtoblerone;11945865 
Everytime I come back here I gota check 5 pages back since my last conversation. Hold on.

I feel your pain tongue.gif

I only got two hours sleep between an annoying cat and Day[9] in my head going "...build a probe, build a pylon... build a probe, build a pylon..."

I should not have watched those clips of him right before bed buttkick.gif

●█〓██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▂▃▄▅██████▅▄▃▂
███████████████
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲◤
Starcraft 2 - EU Server - SumTingWong 859
post #8869 of 25319 Old 01-09-2011, 10:59 AM
3.5ghz

Liked: 28
My TvP matchups have become a joke ever since I got decent at 2 rax expanding. It used to be my hardest matchup, its funny how much of a difference a build order can make. Now my hardest matchup is TvZ. I feel your pain DoomDash. Its so hard to keep zerg from expanding and getting map control once he gets his third down or your first big push fails.

post #8870 of 25319 Old 01-09-2011, 11:13 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwarren;11949393 
My TvP matchups have become a joke ever since I got decent at 2 rax expanding. It used to be my hardest matchup, its funny how much of a difference a build order can make. Now my hardest matchup is TvZ. I feel your pain DoomDash. Its so hard to keep zerg from expanding and getting map control once he gets his third down or your first big push fails.

It will only become harder. I think Zerg is the most rewarding race for a macro player, and a good macro player is probably in pretty high Diamond. The difference in skill between even a 2300~ Zerg and a 3000 Zerg is like worlds apart.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page