post #8991 of 25319 Old 01-10-2011, 09:18 PM
4.0ghz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDash;11962598 
This is the episode BigFan should watch more than any. In fact I'd say its good for everyone ever. Even talks about why APM isn't that important, and what really is important.
Well, my APM has been consistent at around 75 or so. I did get a new high of 118 or so in a ZvsT game I had, but, meh, 118 is low, I want 200+ laugher.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumperSD;11963790 
If your money gets high during a battle, spend it as soon as you can take your attention away. Such as when you retreat, spend your money immediately.
I think that's when my money starts spiking, whenever I decide to move out and as a result, I stop unit production which I shouldn't :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allenssmart;11963860 
omg is it true u can unpause somebody if they paused? cause i paused and told the guy i'd brb and i went and took a piss and came back a minute later and it was UNPAUSED AND I WAS BEING ATTACKED!!!!!!!!!
yes, it's true. There are some people who will pause before they quit for the purpose of annoying you. That game I posted, he paused the game because he was pretty much finished and after trying to talk to him with no response, I unpaused and he left. Don't pause a game unless you are confident that your opponent will allow it smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiru;11964259 
Patch 1.2 is out in SEA:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=183337
Interesting, wonder when NA and EU will get it smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by yks;11964310 
You pretty much know what to do, you just got to remember to do it. Then once you remember what to do, you gotta do it faster.

But that "Thor drop... I really should have got marauders" you're not at that train of thought yet. That's BigFan thinking and that's wrong for right now, at least.

Just concentrate on your macro for now. Doom was @ ~150 food when you were touching ~70

Also, you might want to reconsider easier keybinds. 0 for CC is cool, a lot of old school BW players still do that. But 9 for your Rax/Factory makes it really hard during battle to macro. Pressing 1 to fight then 9 to make stuff is a reallll stetch.

I'm down to coach anyone at anytime, just bring your own practice partner and make sure he's okay with it.
There is nothing wrong with knowing about counters as long as you also concentrate on your macro so that the above scenario doesn't happen. Once I start to remember to keep making units even as a fight is going on, my money spending issues will decrease and will further decrease once I constantly upgrade smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allenssmart;11964488 
OMG. observers are already op as crap and they're still gonna reduce the cost? is blizzard high? hallucination research time decreased(op), phoenix build time decreased (op), void ray damage against massive units increased (mental retardation on blizzards part), scvs with same threat priority as repairing. (aka no more thor rushes)

this is basically a sign from blizzard that says screw you terran the already op protoss is now more op. enough is enough. i'm switching to protoss. i'm not taking this anymore.
XD
Hallucination doesn't hurt you in anyway, phoenixes aren't used in the TvsP games that I've had. VRs needed that massive damage so that they are more useful against BLs and ultras in the late game, although, I personally believe that P's late game can be on par if not stronger than Zs provided the P player has kept on equal footing with his Z opponent smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmMure;11964544 
u have no idea what ur talking about now go sit in the corner
Quote:
Originally Posted by yks;11964611 
obvious troll is obvious.
Guys, relax, since, he's new, it's kinda obvious to see why he'll find all these changes intimidating. I used to think MMM was hard to stop because I didn't make enough units then I discovered this magical unit called a baneling and the rest was history. ATM, ZvsT is my best matchup by a long shot. ZvsP is decent enough and ZvsZ is from another planet XD As for T/PvsX, not enough games played to determine those smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by CramComplex;11964733 
Just finished BigFan's replay...LOL...there was a RED DOT but the problem was that his colour was RED...what a #$@%^#%@#$% lol...
lol, didn't actually notice that, shows how much I pay attention to the gfx XD I was 100% confident that he'll move the army back or at least use an observer to kill my ghost which is why I was flabbergasted when he didn't and he lost all his units. At that point, I took advantage, unloaded all my bunkers and went in for the easy kill tongue.gif

He made 2 big mistakes. Engaging my army on the ramp, so, I was able to EMP his immortals and take those out which in turn kept my marauders alive. The second big mistake he made is even if he couldn't see the red dot, there are only so many places I would want to target with nukes, such as his minerals lines or his army. All he had to do was move them away and then put them back after nuke which is more worth it than losing them doh.gif Glad someone enjoyed it smile.gif If you're interested, I can upload a ZvsT I had on meta last night(or night before I think). I would say my best Z game to date(macro-wise) but of course, spending needs to be worked on tongue.gif

Playing:
- Starcraft 2 (Profile, Replays(1, 2))

Clubs:
- Canadian OCN Club (link)
- OCN Diablo III Club (Info, link)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8992 of 25319 Old 01-10-2011, 09:36 PM
yks

Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFan;11966122 
There is nothing wrong with knowing about counters as long as you also concentrate on your macro so that the above scenario doesn't happen. Once I start to remember to keep making units even as a fight is going on, my money spending issues will decrease and will further decrease once I constantly upgrade smile.gif

I'm not saying knowing counters are wrong. I'm saying... nevermind.

Starcraft II: yks 303
post #8993 of 25319 Old 01-10-2011, 09:39 PM
2.4ghz

Liked: 4
bigfan games?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8994 of 25319 Old 01-10-2011, 09:41 PM

Liked: 108
Quote:
I would say my best Z game to date(macro-wise) but of course, spending needs to be worked on tongue.gif

Lol, you can't have a good macro and poor spending. Poor spending = poor macro.

Currently playing: Civ 6, Gwent

Fractal Design Define R2 case review
post #8995 of 25319 Old 01-10-2011, 09:52 PM
2.4ghz

Liked: 4
u can acutally he can just suck at staying on top of spending

post #8996 of 25319 Old 01-10-2011, 09:58 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 70
Quote:
I think that's when my money starts spiking, whenever I decide to move out and as a result, I stop unit production which I shouldn't :/
What I try to do is macro up right before I push. This includes making probes, throwing up expo, transferring probes, chrono boosting upgrades, make pylons, buildings etc.

You typically dont want to take your attention away from the battle while you are attacking unless you know that there is no threat of losing your army. The last thing you want to do is to lose your entire army while your attention is away from the battle. Once you are done attacking, immediately spend your money depending on what you see.

Lossless > foobar2K > Wasapi > Musiland 02 DAC > [Dayton SUB80 > KRK RP5 G2] / [ATH-M50]
post #8997 of 25319 Old 01-10-2011, 10:14 PM
yks

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmMure;11966477 
u can acutally he can just suck at staying on top of spending

how do you have good macro but horrible spending? please answer.

post #8998 of 25319 Old 01-10-2011, 10:17 PM

Liked: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumperSD;11966539 
What I try to do is macro up right before I push. This includes making probes, throwing up expo, transferring probes, chrono boosting upgrades, make pylons, buildings etc.

You typically dont want to take your attention away from the battle while you are attacking unless you know that there is no threat of losing your army. The last thing you want to do is to lose your entire army while your attention is away from the battle. Once you are done attacking, immediately spend your money depending on what you see.

You typically don't want to take your attention away from your macro unless you really have to and there's a serious threat of losing an army. The last thing you want to do is to let your macro slip while your attention is at the battle which outcome you're not going to change anyway just by watching it. Once you're done spending your money immediately switch to your army to see how it's doing. tongue.gif

Currently playing: Civ 6, Gwent

Fractal Design Define R2 case review
post #8999 of 25319 Old 01-10-2011, 10:18 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 70
So I have 2 accounts and am deciding which one I want to ladder with Protoss after the reset. My MMR on both accounts has me facing opponents roughly the same skill. Should I stick to the account with more points? Or would it not matter?

Lossless > foobar2K > Wasapi > Musiland 02 DAC > [Dayton SUB80 > KRK RP5 G2] / [ATH-M50]
post #9000 of 25319 Old 01-10-2011, 10:20 PM
yks

The reset isn't happening any time soon.

The patch will be released without a reset.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page