[Official] Guild Wars 2 Discussion, Video & Screenshot Thread - Page 370 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #3691 of 10385 Old 07-20-2012, 01:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
does anyone have an extra guild wars 2 beta key? please send me one! maybe we can work a lil tradeXD

Currently Playing

Battlefield 3

Starcraft 2

Bad Company 2

Leagues of Legend

Dota 2
Finished

Dragon Age : Origins

Mass Effect 3

Alan Wake

Mafia 2

Witcher 2

Dead Space 2

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3692 of 10385 Old 07-20-2012, 01:06 PM
PC Gamer

Liked: 50
Hey guys, just hopped on the beta for a bit and had a question. Will home servers be wiped for release date? When I logged in I picked Dark Haven as my homeworld, only server with medium pop at the time, and don't want to be stuck with the decision forever lol. Just wanted to test some classes and see which ones I'd like best.

post #3693 of 10385 Old 07-20-2012, 01:17 PM
Intel Overclocker

Liked: 78
^ everything will be wiped for release, except gem purchases. You will have to re-pick server and recreate toon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rageofthepeon View Post

When I logged in I picked Dark Haven as my homeworld, only server with medium pop at the time

Wait..do you mean all the other servers were low or high? Dark Haven is like the most popular server...so I assume you mean all the others were low. just checking. I won't be on until later tonight frown.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3694 of 10385 Old 07-20-2012, 01:30 PM
4.0 GHz

Liked: 35
I think it's clear that ANet put a lot more work into the Sylvari and Asura main cities than the other three, elevators and climbable viewpoints? This is awesome!

I tried to put my big endian in her little endian but things got flipped up along the way

Windows 8 Fan Club
post #3695 of 10385 Old 07-20-2012, 01:56 PM
Intel Overclocker

Liked: 66
So I won a key on this forum several months back. Tried to login just now but got the non authorized error. Guess it was only valid for the first event.

Anyone with a spare? Will rep thumb.gif

post #3696 of 10385 Old 07-20-2012, 02:40 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 243

Coincident... biggrin.gif

~ Nothing to see here ~

Chimp Challenge Participant 

post #3697 of 10385 Old 07-20-2012, 03:18 PM
News Fiend

Liked: 185
I see little resemblance.

Chimp Challenge Participant  10 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #3698 of 10385 Old 07-20-2012, 03:22 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 57
At the moment im leaning towards the Asura for my race. Played a Slyvari Necro and im at about like 8 or something and just started a Asura Mesmer and think i like the Asura more for looks and such. I have yet to decide Class, going to get too lvl 5 or something and then give the elemental a try. I hope to give every class a try too lvl5+ to see if i can get a feel for them all

Defo know i wont be going for Human or Norn as they are too "normal" for me dont see the point in playing these kind of games as a human seems to take something away from the game
post #3699 of 10385 Old 07-20-2012, 03:45 PM
Overclocker

Liked: 0
Made a post on the official forums about it, but I though I'd just share it here as well in case anyone was interested.

First off, I’d like to say, you’ve done an excellent job with the optimization so far, at least from what I can see. During the first BWEs I was noticing extremely sub-par performance and hardware utilization while playing the game, so this weekend I wanted to focus on the performance of the game since release is coming up fairly soon. Poor optimization and performance at release have killed many other MMOs in the past, and I really didn’t want to see something like that happening here with GW2

I’ve done some running around, getting into combat (large and small scale), sPvP and a little bit of WvWvW in the past 2 hours or so just to get a feel of how things were running.

Hardware Specs:
Asus Rampage IV Extreme
3930K @4.8GHz
2x GTX680-DC2Top cards in SLI (disabled SLI while playing since it doesn’t seem to support it properly, second card set to run physx) 304.79 Beta Drivers
32GB G.Skill TridentX 2400MHz ram
2x Vertex4 256GB drives in raid0
Seasonic Platinum-1000

I am playing at 2560×1440@60Hz and all settings maxed, vsync disabled for testing purposes, Windows Aero disabled as well to get an accurate VRAM usage reading. MSI Afterburner running for overclocking the GPU and fan controlling, as well as some monitoring. GPU-Z running to monitor GPU utilization while playing. Fraps will be used for FPS readings, running 300 second benchmarks.

Doing the Asuran starting event these are my results:
FPS: Average: 74, Min: 42, Max: 194
CPU: 6 Cores being utilized, 1 thread on each core only, approx 17-28% usage on each thread during the run.
RAM: Averaged 1.3GB usage
GPU: GPU Usage was between 80-96% usage during the run
VRAM: 512-574MB used

Divinity’s Reach runthrough:
FPS: Average: 64, Min: 36, Max: 136
CPU: 6 Cores being utilized, 1 thread on each core only, approx 20-31% usage on each thread during the run.
RAM: Averaged 1.3GB usage
GPU: GPU Usage was between 64-91% usage during the run
VRAM: 500-596MB used

The 6 core CPU usage here is a big surprise, as most games don’t tend to use more than 4 threads right now, with the exception of BF3 which is also able to utilize 6 threads. The lack of hyper-threaded support was expected, since most gaming systems will be running the more popular i5 chips (2500K, 3570K), the overall utilization of each core is still a bit on the low side, but that’s expected as well, since I don’t think optimization has been finished yet, and my CPU is running at a fairly high frequency. RAM usage was also a bit on the low side, since when running through Rata Sum (large area, lots of stuff to cache) I could feel a lot of momentary slowdowns when turning the camera. Overall, the CPU utilization is way up from the first BWE, which was only using one thread.
GPU Core usage is way up as well, using all the power from my GTX680, although SLI support would be great. FPS was fairly high, even with lots of things going on onscreen.

VRAM usage is still way below what it should be, I have 2GB of VRAM available for use, but only ~500MB is being used. The resolution I run at calls for high VRAM usage to buffer the larger textures, especially with antialiasing enabled. This lead to quite a bit of stuttering when turning the camera towards areas with lots of stuff, like when entering a city or looking towards a large open area. The stuttering is not really represented in the FPS reading as it did not last long enough to bring the average down much, but it definitely was noticeable and made game play not feel very smooth at times. If you don’t know what I mean by this, it basically runs fine, and then stops for several MS and basically skips 10-20 frames or so, but then continues going at the same high FPS. This may not be as big of an issue for people running lower resolutions, or lower graphic settings, but the ~500MB limit the game seems to have right now is going to be a major performance inhibitor for people running high end machines.

Overall, I’m very happy with how far the optimizations have come. I know there’s still work to be done, but the progress so far has been excellent, so good job Arenanet team

If the VRAM issue is fixed, then everything would be perfect. Oh, and SLI/XFire support soon please

Original Post Here

Haven't had time to do a bit more in depth testing, since the beta only started a few hours ago but I'll try to get around to it some time this weekend.
post #3700 of 10385 Old 07-20-2012, 04:05 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 243

Lol I'm been sending them my system spec results in the last 2 betas. Bug them about it a lot. 

~ Nothing to see here ~

Chimp Challenge Participant 

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page