[Official] Guild Wars 2 Discussion, Video & Screenshot Thread - Page 662 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #6611 of 10385 Old 09-08-2012, 05:13 AM
PC Gamer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortunex View Post

I got bored of the game at level 30, now level 45... Does it ever pick up and get interesting or is it the same as it has been since level 5?

Same here. Level 45 now and I'm finding it hard to click on the game icon. I want to reach level 80 before I stop playing though.

"Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. This is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6612 of 10385 Old 09-08-2012, 06:43 AM
733mhz

Liked: 38
question, I'm a lv 16~17 human thief, just getting out of queensdale following the storyline, can anyone tell me why as soon as i walked through that door, everything went from lv 16 to lv 22?

I mean I can adapt well, just following people doing the side quests, I can give minimal effort and still earn EXP, but it just doesnt make much sense to me, did I miss a part of the map where I'm suppose to go as a lv17?

I am a Lamprey. I suck. <--- If you like this......You are probably a Lamprey.
post #6613 of 10385 Old 09-08-2012, 06:57 AM
1.3ghz

Liked: 6
The story quests jumps several levels. You really cant plow through it. I suggest completing the next zone for now. I think its kessex hilss. right?

Crysis 2 IGN: bogey1337
Steam: iskope

Bazinga!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroTechNiK go_quote.gif
This is like trading a Nissan GTR for a 1998 Honda Civic...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6614 of 10385 Old 09-08-2012, 07:11 AM
WaterCooler

Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisLam View Post

question, I'm a lv 16~17 human thief, just getting out of queensdale following the storyline, can anyone tell me why as soon as i walked through that door, everything went from lv 16 to lv 22?
I mean I can adapt well, just following people doing the side quests, I can give minimal effort and still earn EXP, but it just doesnt make much sense to me, did I miss a part of the map where I'm suppose to go as a lv17?
If you look on the world map, sections are placed in levels. I'm assuming for training and questing purposes. I myself just entered this area as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogey1337 View Post

The story quests jumps several levels. You really cant plow through it. I suggest completing the next zone for now. I think its kessex hilss. right?

Yeah, it's Kessex Hills. I've been working on grabbing some XP, because it definitely is a bit hard to just jump from quest to quest now. I've been mining, chopping, and gathering materials. It's nice XP bonuses, but I definitely should start to try crafting also. I've yet to do so, and it will probably help quite a bit.

post #6615 of 10385 Old 09-08-2012, 07:24 AM
733mhz

how do you get bonuses gathering stuff?

I wasted a tool earlier today not knowing that I have to click on the thing I gathered to actually collect it.....

I learned to be a jeweler, seeing as I almost never saw a single accessory drop from mobs

I kind of want to try leveling through crafting too, but I have no clue how to do so, gotta start exploring on things now, any idea what kind of items I need to research new jewel combos? Just ores? or like ores, leathers and even all kinds of raw materials could work?

I would like to think so, but it kind of doesn't make sense to know that Onions can help me make jewelry biggrin.gif

My account name is MadAlice, and my character name is Sad Paris, currently lv 18 and I rarely play, just in case anybody wants to add redface.gif

post #6616 of 10385 Old 09-08-2012, 08:22 AM
1.3ghz

Liked: 6
Im not a jeweller but i think you also have to use the discovery tab on your crafting window. Try putting some combinations of materials there. Discovering recipes gives awesome bonus xp. I think theres also database online by now for the recipes that you could discover. biggrin.gif

Crysis 2 IGN: bogey1337
Steam: iskope

Bazinga!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroTechNiK go_quote.gif
This is like trading a Nissan GTR for a 1998 Honda Civic...
post #6617 of 10385 Old 09-08-2012, 08:28 AM
733mhz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogey1337 View Post

Im not a jeweller but i think you also have to use the discovery tab on your crafting window. Try putting some combinations of materials there. Discovering recipes gives awesome bonus xp. I think theres also database online by now for the recipes that you could discover. biggrin.gif
well that would be not so fun wouldnt it

I just wonder what the "penalty" of failing to discover a combination, what happens to the raw materials I use? Just gone? that way its probably not a good idea to craft in early levels...

post #6618 of 10385 Old 09-08-2012, 10:12 AM
PC Gamer

Liked: 151
There is no penalty, you get 4/5 boxes and you put jeweller items in like rings and hooks and a gem. Pretty intuitive and logical. You can only discover as much as your tier and your current materials can provide for (basically how many diff. types of gem you have). Then you make up the XP to the next crafting tier by making those items for the most XP.

post #6619 of 10385 Old 09-08-2012, 12:16 PM
PC Gamer

Liked: 120
Here some GW2 shots at 7680x1440. I also use these as a rotating desktop backgrounds

Steam: Khyber GT | Origin: Khyber_GT | XBL: Khyber GT | PSN: ThreefiddyZ | PST for iRacing name
post #6620 of 10385 Old 09-08-2012, 01:14 PM
733mhz

ok now i start leveling up jeweler, currently at like lv 25 and I'm like......apparently lv 0-75 is all about copper ores and I can't do anything about silver ores?

I'm only at lv 25 (50 levels to go...) and making 1 copper ingot only gives me 7 exp now, how am I going to get through the 50 levels? is there another way to do it?

It literally emptied my bank trying to buy ores from the trading program too....I'm basically stuck here...am I missing something?

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page