This mod will spice up the look of Oblivion.
Natural Environments is an attempt to enhance the original appearance of Oblivion's weather and water components. The mod also removes several minor annoyances found in the original product, such as opaque water surfaces, muddy underwater vision, visibly pixelated cloud textures, and nonsensical meteoric conditions. Most of the changes are cosmetic and should not affect the gameâ€™s performance noticeably.
- Added dramatic lighting to the atmospheric phenomena.
- Fixed the pixelated skies issue.
- Retouched or completely redrew most of the sky-related textures in order to improve overall picture quality.
- Considerately rebalanced global illumination. For example, sunless and clouded weather conditions, such as nights and thunderstorms, now receive more natural ambient lighting.
- Completely altered the water simulator settings, bringing clearness, more realistic reflection, surface transparency, and better underwater illumination in the hours of darkness. (Please see the conflicts note below)
- multiple corrective changes
Drop the .esp files and the \\Textures folder into your \\Oblivion\\Data directory (Press 'yes' to rewrite the previous versions if any). Be sure to select both .esp files in OblivionLauncher before starting the game. You don't need to start a new game, of course.
Simply delete all the files whenever you feel like it. Your game files and saved games are completely separated from this mod's influence. Upon removal of the mod, the game will revert to its original textures and settings.