Let's play Sim City 4! Dig your copies out of the closet! - Page 35 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #341 of 718 Old 05-10-2011, 08:25 PM
4.0ghz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 85
@rdrdrdrd - Nice start. Like the suburbs. Although I have RHW mod I am not building any HW in my tiles at the moment. The current cities I am working use OWR (one-way roads) mostly. It keeps the traffic congestions at bay and allows for good throughput. My other tile is half-aggy (using SPAM) so no HWs there. My next tile will probably have a HW.

@Rick Arter - Yes, it is time consuming but you can always step away and let it keep doing its thing. Something you can't do with WoW which can easily suck up your time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #342 of 718 Old 05-10-2011, 08:33 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 240
i have sim city 3000 but, not 4

post #343 of 718 Old 05-10-2011, 08:50 PM
4.0ghz

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdoublejj;13460439 
i have sim city 3000 but, not 4

Keep your eye open for it on Steam. I heard it was on sale for $5.00 recently. I just checked and its currently selling for $19.99 for the Deluxe edition. Thats the one you want. You can also find it at Walmart or Target. I have 3k but I didn't play it as much as I do 4.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #344 of 718 Old 05-10-2011, 09:03 PM
Audiophile

Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman786 View Post
Forgive me if it's incomplete, however, it looks like the sims can only get on the highway from that interchange and only going that one way.

Although, the burbs do look pretty banging.
Yeah it was a temporary thing, but I forgot the layout and it was late when i made it fixed now ( I had a feeling it was wrong, but didn't quite grasp it lol) More pics in a bit

EDIT: PICS: New interchnge

overview

lake with detail

most compact exit I have made

more burbs

FLAC>FOOBAR2000/ROCKBOX>Fiio E7>FiioL7 LOD/UDAC2>O2>HD650/HD428
sniper.gifaaskull.gif<The Official Cooler Master Storm Sniper Club>aaskull.gifsniper.gif

Hidden Text Below! (Click for funny)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epitope go_quote.gif
I love how the concept of using powerful computers for actual work really throws some people for a loop...

----
"Yeah, I agree with that. Some guy at my college has a pair of black and red Beats Solo and he only uses his Beats headphones when he is wearing his red hoodie and black jeans. When he isn't wearing his hoodie and jeans he uses a cheap pair of Sony headphones."

"surely it'd be cheaper to buy a red hat ? also the sound quality would be better as well"

post #345 of 718 Old 05-10-2011, 09:25 PM
I can purchase now?

Liked: 364
Send a message via MSN to legoman786
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdrdrdrd View Post
Yeah it was a temporary thing, but I forgot the layout and it was late when i made it fixed now ( I had a feeling it was wrong, but didn't quite grasp it lol) More pics in a bit
No biggie... We all do that.

I like how you leave enough room for highway expansion. Something I still have yet to learn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrillian go_quote.gif
The persistance of a human may never win against the persistance of time, but the fruits of the labors are wonderous to behold, even in our brevity.
⚜ R.I.P Syrillian ⚜
8/13/2011
post #346 of 718 Old 05-10-2011, 09:35 PM
Audiophile

Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman786 View Post
I like how you leave enough room for highway expansion. Something I still have yet to learn.
i guess it comes from living in Northern Virginia, land of the 8 Lane highways as the norm, minivans, and cookie cutter suburbs (I have still not fond any models suitable to recreate something like where i live, but I am continuously trying to get the right feel) Google map Ashburn Virginia to see what I'm talking about and the feel I'm going for, including the airport (RIMP IIRC is one of the coolest mods out there)

FLAC>FOOBAR2000/ROCKBOX>Fiio E7>FiioL7 LOD/UDAC2>O2>HD650/HD428
sniper.gifaaskull.gif<The Official Cooler Master Storm Sniper Club>aaskull.gifsniper.gif

Hidden Text Below! (Click for funny)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epitope go_quote.gif
I love how the concept of using powerful computers for actual work really throws some people for a loop...

----
"Yeah, I agree with that. Some guy at my college has a pair of black and red Beats Solo and he only uses his Beats headphones when he is wearing his red hoodie and black jeans. When he isn't wearing his hoodie and jeans he uses a cheap pair of Sony headphones."

"surely it'd be cheaper to buy a red hat ? also the sound quality would be better as well"

post #347 of 718 Old 05-10-2011, 10:00 PM
4.0ghz

RIMP is a pretty cool mod. Do you use DAMN with that? Without DAMN there are just too many things on the menu.
post #348 of 718 Old 05-10-2011, 11:51 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 52
What's with the abbreviations? lol

post #349 of 718 Old 05-10-2011, 11:52 PM
Hipstersaurus Rex

Liked: 1012
Whenever I try to play after a few minutes my comp locks up and I have to force restart it.

Sinar F | Toyo 45CF (Rodenstock Grandagon-N 75mm f/4.5| Rodenstock Sironar-N 135mm f/5.6 | Nikkor-W 180mm f/5.6) | Profoto Acute2 1200w (2xD4)

OCN Team Fortress 2 Group
|How Marin got her new mouse!|Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless Tactile Click Otaku|Happy Hacking Professional 2
post #350 of 718 Old 05-11-2011, 02:07 AM
I can purchase now?

Liked: 364
Send a message via MSN to legoman786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marin View Post
Whenever I try to play after a few minutes my comp locks up and I have to force restart it.
Sure you're running it in software mode? It does goofy things when ran in hardware mode. Try getting it in windowed as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrillian go_quote.gif
The persistance of a human may never win against the persistance of time, but the fruits of the labors are wonderous to behold, even in our brevity.
⚜ R.I.P Syrillian ⚜
8/13/2011

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page