[Official] World of Tanks (fun and awesomeness) discussion thread - Page 163 - Overclock.net

View Poll Results: Would you be interested in joining an OCN clan if there was one?
Yes 58 70.73%
No 24 29.27%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

post #1621 of 6618 Old 04-23-2014, 01:21 PM
New to Overclock.net

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 276
Who's ready for some low w8 battles tonight??? this guy!

JUst got the top gun on the AMX 50 100. Its nice, only been able to unload 5/6 of the rounds in 1 tank tho... Hoping to get this laptop to work right so I can do some major damage...
You should see the wait time on the drum reload when you get ammo rack damage...LOL 99seconds...haha ouch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1622 of 6618 Old 04-23-2014, 01:33 PM
Intel Overclocker

Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion49 View Post

You don't even own any of the tanks in question, why are you posting about them as if you had hundreds of battles in each to determine their flaws and weaknesses?

EDIT: I looked up your stats and now I definitely see why you feel that way.

Who did you check again?

But you are right, I own Löwe myself but wish I had T34 instead because it's better in every way basicly and works exactly like Löwe, paper hull, good turret.
Considering how much I have played this game I think I can fairly well say from shooting all those IS-3s, IS-6s etc how weak they really are even with moderate amount of penetration.

kbab?
post #1623 of 6618 Old 04-23-2014, 01:52 PM
*cough* Stock *cough*

Liked: 45
Stige, i guess you never encounterd a good driver of soviet tanks.

i5 3570k | MSI Z77 MPOWER | 2x4gb 1600 Crucial | ZOTAC GTX 970 | 240gb SSD Crucial BX100 | IN WIN 303 | be quiet! STRAIGHT POWER 10 500W
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1624 of 6618 Old 04-23-2014, 02:07 PM
Overclocker

Liked: 51
I would agree that the T34 is a better Lowe. Alpha and penetration are more important in this game than accuracy and rof. The T34 also has the gun depression to make use of hull down in more scenarios.

The IS-6 is a seal-clubbing tank. It has troll armor and damage against low tiers, but dies horribly against anything its own tier or higher. (Although the hordes of Sturer Emils from the on-track have been putting it in its place)

post #1625 of 6618 Old 04-23-2014, 02:43 PM
I forgot...

Liked: 436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stige View Post

Who did you check again?

But you are right, I own Löwe myself but wish I had T34 instead because it's better in every way basicly and works exactly like Löwe, paper hull, good turret.
Considering how much I have played this game I think I can fairly well say from shooting all those IS-3s, IS-6s etc how weak they really are even with moderate amount of penetration.

I looked at the account you posted a bunch of screenshots from, unless you have another one that you rerolled and became a super uncium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalrulz go_quote.gif

Quick question though, how is having steel armor in skyrim like having an ipad in world war 2? If the U.S stormed normandy with ipads i'm pretty sure we would all be speaking german about now.
post #1626 of 6618 Old 04-23-2014, 04:10 PM
Intel Overclocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion49 View Post

I looked at the account you posted a bunch of screenshots from, unless you have another one that you rerolled and became a super uncium.

Not sure which one I have posted screens from, propably the one I botted on lol
The reason I don't play on it anymore, too tedious to get stats where they belong after botting.

kbab?
post #1627 of 6618 Old 04-24-2014, 02:30 AM
Overclocker

Liked: 0
I send a support ticket to WG for Premium tank restore. They respond within 4 days! I got it back because I don't gonna buy premium anymore. Nice that they have this option. I grinded 4.5 million credits for the tank itself and equipment.

Verstuurd met mijn Galaxy S4.
post #1628 of 6618 Old 04-24-2014, 03:15 PM
PC Gamer

Liked: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stige View Post

Who did you check again?

Just.....STOP..... Are you seriously trying to convince people that 1 of the best tier 8 tanks in game and is often considered THE brawler(IS3) of brawlers is sub par to the prem tanks? Sorry but the BL9+IS3 mobility makes it 1 of the best in game. Also you need around 210 pen or so to get through the front armor(hull) if I remember right do to the 56 deg angle and 110 armor thickness(I could be off by a bit). The IS6 can run from me at least.

Also on the IS6 it has special MM so it only see tier 9 battles at worst, while the t34 and lowe see tier 10. So, on that note just stop now. Thanks

Edit: The IS3 is so sick you dont even have to angle the hull to bounce 95% of the rounds(love that armor angle). Can literally drive straight at an enemy and take 0 dmg. Only thing they can do is hit your track and hope for a flank shot or try to hit a weak point but its easier said then done on a tank that does 40km/h~~~

Audio Setup: Creative Sound Blaster Z>Schiit Modi SPDIF DAC>Schiit Vali/Magni AMP>Denon AHD-5000/Beyerdynamic T-1
post #1629 of 6618 Old 04-24-2014, 05:57 PM
Overclocker

Liked: 9
After playing a few weeks, I was getting annoyed because I didn't find a tank that I really liked to play. They all seemed to be just to "grind" to the next one and hoping it was better until I found.....

The Marder 38T - wow is this a fun tank to play: Its fast so you can flank, scout, and get out of bad situations; It's got a good top tier gun thats got a great ROF (more shots = more fun) and decent pen for its tier: The armour is not terrible for its tier and can actually take some frontal damage

I'm working towards 100% crew now that I can accelerate crew training.

Any other fun tanks like this that I should try out?
post #1630 of 6618 Old 04-24-2014, 06:11 PM
Intel Overclocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyNikel View Post

Just.....STOP..... Are you seriously trying to convince people that 1 of the best tier 8 tanks in game and is often considered THE brawler(IS3) of brawlers is sub par to the prem tanks? Sorry but the BL9+IS3 mobility makes it 1 of the best in game. Also you need around 210 pen or so to get through the front armor(hull) if I remember right do to the 56 deg angle and 110 armor thickness(I could be off by a bit). The IS6 can run from me at least.

Also on the IS6 it has special MM so it only see tier 9 battles at worst, while the t34 and lowe see tier 10. So, on that note just stop now. Thanks

Edit: The IS3 is so sick you dont even have to angle the hull to bounce 95% of the rounds(love that armor angle). Can literally drive straight at an enemy and take 0 dmg. Only thing they can do is hit your track and hope for a flank shot or try to hit a weak point but its easier said then done on a tank that does 40km/h~~~

If some dumb tomato player in his lower tier tank can't penetrate your IS-3 or IS-6 it doesn't make their armor strong or good.
Get real, once you start playing against anywhere near decent players of atleast your own tier you will notice how awful the armor is on them and how easy it is to penetrate.

Even if I shoot straight at the IS-3 spiked front hull I still penetrate it any T8 I have (AMX 50 100, Löwe, VK4502A).
The IS-6 has much better overall armor imo but it still is easy to penetrate, maybe not as easy as IS-3 but still easy.

Only noobs don't penetrate that armor, end of story.

kbab?

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page