[Official] The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Information and Discussion Thread - Page 157 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #1561 of 12888 Old 11-16-2011, 03:51 PM
*cough* Stock *cough*

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 44
what is the easiest way to working blacksmithing? i wanna make some good weapons and armor...tired of running around with a one-handed mace that does 20 dmg and some crappy steel armor

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1562 of 12888 Old 11-16-2011, 04:03 PM
Intel Overclocker

Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreekyGTi View Post

what is the easiest way to working blacksmithing? i wanna make some good weapons and armor...tired of running around with a one-handed mace that does 20 dmg and some crappy steel armor
Making Iron daggers, with them you can also train enchanting and make nice amounts of money.
post #1563 of 12888 Old 11-16-2011, 04:08 PM
*cough* Stock *cough*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akusho View Post

Making Iron daggers, with them you can also train enchanting and make nice amounts of money.

sweet thanks...ill have to start making some daggers when i get on later

im guessing to work the enchanting i just need to enchant 1 dagger and then disenchant and rinse and repeat?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1564 of 12888 Old 11-16-2011, 04:10 PM
Programmer

Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreekyGTi View Post

At first, find an iron mine and/or hunt deer. At low levels, you're not exactly going to be raking in the cash. Churn out leather gauntlets and iron daggers. Steal the silver bars from the castle in Whiterun and the bank in Markarth every time they respawn. Make silver / gemmed silver rings for profit.

Start working on your enchanting at the same time. Buy petty soul gems whenever you come across them. Trap as many vermin souls as you can for enchanting. Disenchant every new enchantment type you come across. Your goal here is to get the +skill enchantment bonus in the middle branch of the enchantment tree. You are also going to need the +smithing skill disenchanted and in your available skill types.

Start moving up the right-hand side of the smithing tree, first. Basically, the skill you really need is Dwarven Smithing.

Once you have the skill enchantment and dwarven smithing, buy four Grand Soul gems. Fill them if they don't come pre-filled.

Enchant one of each: ring, body, gloves, necklace with +smithing and a grand soul gem.

If you haven't already, go to the ruins or museum in Markarth and steal every "dwemer plate" that isn't nailed down and take it to the smelter.

Put on your +smithing gear. Start making dwarven gloves or daggers. When you have a sizable stack of them, take them to the workbench to improve them. You should be able to double their value. If you're in Whiterun, you have five different vendors you can sell these to for a sizable profit. Use the proceeds from your sales to buy more iron and leather. If you run out of dwarven junk, go to Markarth and raid the museum again.

Enchant as funds and souls allow.

post #1565 of 12888 Old 11-16-2011, 04:11 PM

Liked: 144
This game is soo broken, I'm literally ripping my hair off trying to fix this damn game.
I first fixed my Crash to desktop at menu by doing the sound fix. Played the game for a few minutes and I get the dreaded black screen when switching to maps. Fixed that by disabling crossfire. Played a few hours and then I get the stupid purple and missing textures. Updated my drivers and played another hour. I then get the no-warning random crash to desktop. I fixed that by downloading the Large Address Aware by allocating more than 2GB Ram for the games. Now, I can't start the game. I fixed that by verifying the integrity of game cache. I was able to start the game and then it crashed to desktop at main menu. I'm back to square one. confused.gifmad.gif

Now Playing: The Witcher 3
CPU-Z Validation:http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1999467
post #1566 of 12888 Old 11-16-2011, 04:27 PM
4.0 GHz

Liked: 56
wheee.gif Ordered it this week and it was just delivered to my parents house today! Can't wait for thanksgiving break next tuesday to start playing!!!!! wheee.gif

Playing: Dragon Age 2

post #1567 of 12888 Old 11-16-2011, 04:32 PM

Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus6 View Post

This game is soo broken, I'm literally ripping my hair off trying to fix this damn game.
I first fixed my Crash to desktop at menu by doing the sound fix. Played the game for a few minutes and I get the dreaded black screen when switching to maps. Fixed that by disabling crossfire. Played a few hours and then I get the stupid purple and missing textures. Updated my drivers and played another hour. I then get the no-warning random crash to desktop. I fixed that by downloading the Large Address Aware by allocating more than 2GB Ram for the games. Now, I can't start the game. I fixed that by verifying the integrity of game cache. I was able to start the game and then it crashed to desktop at main menu. I'm back to square one. confused.gifmad.gif

Agreed... I'm getting a bunch load of texture problems, transparency in particular. Oh well, going to update my drivers.

Harambe we miss you fam.
post #1568 of 12888 Old 11-16-2011, 04:34 PM
PC Gamer

Liked: 39
having some good times with this game, fortunately for me i've had absolutely no crashes or glitches happen while playing the game.... lucky me!

BF3 -> FormattedToWin
Foobar 2000 -> FLAC -> FiiO Olympus 2 -> ATH-AD700 || AKG K701 || Grado SR80i || LKPR No Comply (KS) headphone.gifthumbsupsmiley.png
Blackberry Z10 -> Audioengine A2 headphone.gifthumbsupsmiley.png

post #1569 of 12888 Old 11-16-2011, 04:39 PM
Intel Overclocker

Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by luanswan2002 View Post

Just a quick question. For someone that's never played any RPG games (the closest "RPG" game I've played is Rage and enjoyed that) and also hasn't played any previous Elder Scrolls games. Is Skyrim a good starting point? Will I enjoy?

I never got into any of these "big" RPG's. Absolutely HATED Fallout.

Here's a good way of finding out whether you'll like Skyrim or not. It's Borderlands + Mount and Blade. That's exactly how it feels.

- "Fox_J21"
post #1570 of 12888 Old 11-16-2011, 04:41 PM
*cough* Stock *cough*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tafkar View Post

At first, find an iron mine and/or hunt deer. At low levels, you're not exactly going to be raking in the cash. Churn out leather gauntlets and iron daggers. Steal the silver bars from the castle in Whiterun and the bank in Markarth every time they respawn. Make silver / gemmed silver rings for profit.
Start working on your enchanting at the same time. Buy petty soul gems whenever you come across them. Trap as many vermin souls as you can for enchanting. Disenchant every new enchantment type you come across. Your goal here is to get the +skill enchantment bonus in the middle branch of the enchantment tree. You are also going to need the +smithing skill disenchanted and in your available skill types.
Start moving up the right-hand side of the smithing tree, first. Basically, the skill you really need is Dwarven Smithing.
Once you have the skill enchantment and dwarven smithing, buy four Grand Soul gems. Fill them if they don't come pre-filled.
Enchant one of each: ring, body, gloves, necklace with +smithing and a grand soul gem.
If you haven't already, go to the ruins or museum in Markarth and steal every "dwemer plate" that isn't nailed down and take it to the smelter.
Put on your +smithing gear. Start making dwarven gloves or daggers. When you have a sizable stack of them, take them to the workbench to improve them. You should be able to double their value. If you're in Whiterun, you have five different vendors you can sell these to for a sizable profit. Use the proceeds from your sales to buy more iron and leather. If you run out of dwarven junk, go to Markarth and raid the museum again.
Enchant as funds and souls allow.

wow +rep for you good sir for the thorough guide on blacksmithing and enchanting and making some cash

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page