post #31 of 41 Old 03-18-2011, 01:48 AM
HaZardously high overclocks are what I do

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingCain;12750395 
This game is perfect for those wanting something new from Call of Duty 4 yet not as unrealistic as Bad Company 2's 10-15 bullet kills.

BC2's kills actually take 4 to 6 bullets, it's just that the hitreg is horrible. I still put 150 hours into it though, but sad that a Battlefield game hasn't beaten my 900 hours logged in COD4.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 41 Old 03-18-2011, 01:54 AM
Silent but Deadly

Liked: 609
I am sick of first person shooters.

Audio setup: Xonar Essence ST into Niles SI-275 amplifier driving CSW Tower II speakers paired with M&K MX-70 subwoofer. Headphones: DT880 Pro 250ohm
post #33 of 41 Old 03-18-2011, 04:00 AM
4.0ghz

Liked: 20
HAHAHA, I forgot to mention the fact that you thumb has squares in it and isn't round.

HOMEFRONT2011-03-1503-09-47-11.jpg

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 41 Old 03-18-2011, 06:03 AM
Extreme Cooler

Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlovetheChosenone;12770923 
I don't really like it in my opinion, the ai in the game is so stupid. I played this game for like 25-30 minutes at my friends house and for whatever reason the ai is constantly running into your character... This is the year 2011 and they still have poor ai in some games?
yeah, I would buy HF from steam for $10 or less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlovetheChosenone;12776062 
HAHAHA, I forgot to mention the fact that you thumb has squares in it and isn't round.

HOMEFRONT2011-03-1503-09-47-11.jpg
Yes i see it as *****. I guess Battle: Los Angeles's graphic is better than HF, IMO.

Have you playing Battle: Los Angeles on PC? So you can beat it for 30 mins or less.

post #35 of 41 Old 03-18-2011, 06:18 AM
3.0ghz

Liked: 23
Is it dx 11?
I am still getting it, came out in the UK today.
I didnt really enjoy bordelands or metro. I enjoyed BC2 but the shooting mechanics are unreliable. blops is the same old with decent shooting. I just want the shooting mechanics of Blops with the variety of bc2 and this seems to have it.

sonic.gif
post #36 of 41 Old 03-18-2011, 06:47 AM
Battlefield 1 Ready

Liked: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by andypc;12776557 
Is it dx 11?
I didnt really enjoy bordelands or metro. I enjoyed BC2 but the shooting mechanics are unreliable. blops is the same old with decent shooting. I just want the shooting mechanics of Blops with the variety of bc2 and this seems to have it.

Yes, it has "DX11", notice the quotation marks, I see no DX11 effects at all, I find DX11 useless in this game.

You might enjoy it, but I find it too "CODish" style, I played it for 1 hour, and moved back to Bad Company 2.

The "NoMoreUpgradesUntilXmasPC" Build Log

GPU's: HD5850 > HD5970 > 2x HD6970 > 2x GTX580 > 3x GTX580 >
> 2x GTX680 > 2x HD7970 > R9 290X > 2x R9 290 > GTX970 > 2x R9 290X >
> GTX980Ti > 2x GTX980Ti > 2x GTX1080 > 2x GTX 1080 Ti

post #37 of 41 Old 03-18-2011, 07:15 AM
Extreme Cooler

Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by andypc;12776557 
Good Luck, and dont forget to make a video of your gameplay. wink.gif

post #38 of 41 Old 03-18-2011, 08:16 AM
1.7ghz

Liked: 8
I saw a few gameplay videos and discovered that Homefront uses infinite enemy respawns just like COD. The enemy keeps respawning until you push forward. I hate this style of gameplay, it completely ruins tactics e.g. you may want to hang back and snipe but they will keep regenerating, or you may wish to flank the enemy but they can overwhelm you because they don't 'die' until you cross the invisible line.

I prefer the Crysis approach. Flood the map with a lot of enemy's, but make sure they don't regenerate. Enemies were even able to shoot off flares to call in reinforcements, but I never felt cheated in that game(until the aliens showed up of course).
post #39 of 41 Old 03-18-2011, 08:31 AM
3.5ghz

Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nano2;12777259 
I saw a few gameplay videos and discovered that Homefront uses infinite enemy respawns just like COD. The enemy keeps respawning until you push forward. I hate this style of gameplay, it completely ruins tactics e.g. you may want to hang back and snipe but they will keep regenerating, or you may wish to flank the enemy but they can overwhelm you because they don't 'die' until you cross the invisible line.

I prefer the Crysis approach. Flood the map with a lot of enemy's, but make sure they don't regenerate. Enemies were even able to shoot off flares to call in reinforcements, but I never felt cheated in that game(until the aliens showed up of course).
I can only remotely recall on objective that had enemy respawn similar to the annoyance level of COD. That was when Jacobs (you) need to get to da choppa. Other than that, the rest of the enemy respawn was dictated by completion of objectives, which simply meant if you didn't kill a specific guy(s) the enemy kept coming. But overall, it felt more like enemy respawn was under a time limit.

edit: The push forward to stop enemy respawn in the game was rarely possible. You are supposed to be the main character or the most important one...but you're simply being lead by your AI friends.

As a new PC gamer, this is what I've learned thus far:Be upset about console ports, but be more upset when it doesn't come to PC's at all. Long for something different, but when it arrives, ridicule it before giving it a chance. When looking for new game suggestions, it's pointless, just wait for BF3. Almost all issues related to gaming are linked to vsync. Why post a flash in the gravel complaint in an existing thread when you can make a bonfire thread of your own? You lose all credibility as a PC gamer admitting you play FPS games with a gamepad.(Will add more later)
post #40 of 41 Old 03-18-2011, 10:28 AM
3.0ghz

Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcuestag;12776717 
Yes, it has "DX11", notice the quotation marks, I see no DX11 effects at all, I find DX11 useless in this game.

You might enjoy it, but I find it too "CODish" style, I played it for 1 hour, and moved back to Bad Company 2.
Yeah from the images it looks really basic for dx11.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMERIG;12776864 
Good Luck, and dont forget to make a video of your gameplay. wink.gif
I will do, my gtx 560ti should come on monday as well as homefront.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nano2;12777259 

Totally agree that gameplay style sucks arse. I remember one level on BC2, during the beginning of the Vietnam part. You are on top of hill and have to progress down to destry the AA. I kept on killing and killing them for about 20 minutes dying several times and was thinking ***!!, why dont they stop!!! Then I ran down while be shot to pieces to stop them spawning (is this level possible on hard difficulty?). I was really hated this and thought the whole game would be like this. Luckily it wasn't. Such a poor level design on pretty much that one level.

sonic.gif

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page