post #581 of 680 Old 11-18-2009, 01:38 AM - Thread Starter
4.0ghz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_milk_man View Post
so, explain to me the 3-port system. is it 2 in/1 out or is it opposite and where can i find more info on how this is better than 1 in/1 out?
alot of blocks have a similar design, as in one in multiple outs but alot of those blocks have a chamber to get them all back to one Ie the Fuzion blocks

HOWEVER connecting them all back together again to one out means there is a compromise in flow distribution. Im not prepared to make this compromise so i have 2 outs which means my block and perfect flow distribution un like just about every other block out there

this block is pretty much done just waiting on some screws

However i have discovered that after one block the end mill is rubbish. This is a problem at 25$ each ... i guess the blocks are gonna have to cost more ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #582 of 680 Old 11-18-2009, 01:47 AM
4.0ghz

Liked: 61
they will cost someone buying them 25 each? if so... dear god man raise your prices lol, you gotta make back at least what you've put in as far as time and energy, and I would hope everyone here would understand that!

Team Mean Green
Intel E8400 Club
Folding as KnMWinMachine for OCN!

Steam ID: Drumsetplyr

2 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #583 of 680 Old 11-18-2009, 01:57 AM
2.4ghz

Liked: 27
I wonder if it's just due to the friction from dealing with copper. I mean copper isn't easy to mill in the first place but when you're dealing with tiny nooks and crannies like we do with waterblocks that can't be any better.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #584 of 680 Old 11-18-2009, 02:04 AM - Thread Starter
4.0ghz

Quote:
Originally Posted by flak-spammer View Post
I wonder if it's just due to the friction from dealing with copper. I mean copper isn't easy to mill in the first place but when you're dealing with tiny nooks and crannies like we do with waterblocks that can't be any better.
Every machinist i've spoken to, when i start talking about copper they start swearing and cursing. i have been told many times copper is VERY abrasive more so than harder metals and it'd go through end mills but one a block is a bit crazy.

PS these end mills are solid carbide with the highest hardness coating you can get. Because anything less was a WASTE of time
post #585 of 680 Old 11-18-2009, 02:06 AM
2.4ghz

Well I guess I'll keep that in mind whenever I start machining stuff. I guess a high pressure coolant system is also a must then. Man this just keeps getting more expensive .

post #586 of 680 Old 11-18-2009, 02:08 AM - Thread Starter
4.0ghz

Quote:
Well I guess I'll keep that in mind whenever I start machining stuff. I guess a high pressure coolant system is also a must then. Man this just keeps getting more expensive .
Yes you need the hardcore coolant and lube system which means you need a big tub for your mill and so on.

The costs never end .. im getting a bit over it now. it's just a big money pit
post #587 of 680 Old 11-18-2009, 02:15 AM
2.4ghz

Money pit...no kidding just the hardware you go through to mill the block is expensive enough. That doesn't count TECs and the damage that comes with them (fried, cracked, cordless, etc). It's gotta be a damn expensive hobby compared to most things. However the results are nice and ICE COLD .

post #588 of 680 Old 11-18-2009, 11:30 PM - Thread Starter
4.0ghz

i've had a really awesome idea for machining my block ! it should increase it's accuracy allot

On a not so good note. If things keeps up as they have been then im gonna make these 6 blocks and then give up as the costs seem to far exceed what i believe people are prepared to pay for the finished product.

this block should be all done and ready for testing by monday
post #589 of 680 Old 11-19-2009, 12:05 AM
2.4ghz

I might have to get one then, as it seems it'll be a while before I get any machining equipment. I've decided to try for the sherline but I'll replace the lead screws with ball screws and I'll see if I can do steppers at first then switch to servo's. Anyways I hope you can get these make, you're a legend in the TEC world .

post #590 of 680 Old 11-19-2009, 02:43 AM - Thread Starter
4.0ghz

Quote:
I might have to get one then, as it seems it'll be a while before I get any machining equipment. I've decided to try for the sherline but I'll replace the lead screws with ball screws and I'll see if I can do steppers at first then switch to servo's. Anyways I hope you can get these make, you're a legend in the TEC world .
Thanks man

You probably dont need servos .. with my steppers i can snap my need mills off .. in saying that my steppers are bigger

Well here it is guys i just want to wait 24hours then re torque it and insulate it so testing should be this weekend.

It's cost MANY time more than what i can sell it for :-(

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page