Samsung Galaxy S3 vs iPhone 5 - Page 10 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #91 of 153 Old 10-01-2012, 10:57 PM
 
Capt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,139
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koehler View Post

Not really. The iPhone 5 has reported many problems with QC such as scuffs and scratches to the back and sides.

Well, at least it's not made of cheap plastic like the gs3 that breaks open and the battery falls out when being dropped.
Capt is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 153 Old 10-01-2012, 11:21 PM
News Fiend
 
Lost Prophet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Off the grid
Posts: 649
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koehler View Post

Not really. The iPhone 5 has reported many problems with QC such as scuffs and scratches to the back and sides.

Really?? Where did you hear that?
Lost Prophet is offline  
post #93 of 153 Old 10-01-2012, 11:33 PM
Programmer
 
bgtrance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Outer Space
Posts: 1,429
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Prophet View Post

Really?? Where did you hear that?

http://iphone5newsblog.com/2012/10/01/iphone-5-scuffgate-schiller-tells-us-to-suck-it-up/

sniper.gif
bgtrance is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #94 of 153 Old 10-01-2012, 11:41 PM
News Fiend
 
Lost Prophet's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Off the grid
Posts: 649
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Lost Prophet is offline  
post #95 of 153 Old 10-02-2012, 07:22 AM
League of Legends :P
 
Ali67219's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 457
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt View Post

Well, at least it's not made of cheap plastic like the gs3 that breaks open and the battery falls out when being dropped.

The gs3 is not as cheap as it looks just because it is plastic. The iphone will take just as much damage as the gs3. To br honest i have a gs3 and i have never dropped it i dont see why people do...
Ali67219 is offline  
post #96 of 153 Old 10-02-2012, 07:38 AM
PC Gamer
 
Abir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 49
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1
This is how you should see them

Iphone 5 = IOS (GREAT if your used to it and very user friendly), Fast and stable, Good camera but 8MP, good build quality and its apple (if your too attached to apple that is)

S3= Android (Great not as user friendly but has much more customization option and has true multi tasking) , 12MP Cam (but not that good), Blazing fast, Not that good build quality
Abir is offline  
post #97 of 153 Old 10-02-2012, 08:06 AM
First Time Build
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Arlington Heights, IL
Posts: 994
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Despite iPhone's problems I still think it will reign supreme over the other smartphones. Apple created a brand that is becoming sort of a niche, well tested & very dependable. The iPhone is now synonymous of what's a smartphone is all about. Before iPhone, the cellphone is just all about calling, texting & MP3 playing. It's never been about using the cellphone as mobile computer device, web surfing, etc. even for earlier Symbian & Windows Mobile OSs. The iPhone totally changed the cellphone business.

All of you who thinks iPhone is not the best can say whatever you want about the iPhone. You can post specs after specs but it's not gonna change the majority's perception (you can probably change overclock.net's subscribers perception) on the iPhone. It will continue to dominate over the others. I don't see it getting trump on its reign. At least not in the foreseeable future unless the competitors going to bring something (significant feature) that will distinguish themselves over the iPhone. It's becoming so hard also for others to bring something that will distinguish themselves over the iPhone without copying the iPhone & getting hit with copyright infringement from Apple.

I agreed with the other gentleman's take on the iPhone about conformity or matching attitude as the reason why lots of people likes the iPhone. It's like a bad habit that is hard to break. Lots of people like the iPhone cuz that's what most people like, they're very familiar to it, it's easy to use & that's what most of their friends used.

Some tech junkies might like the Android cuz by specs it's faster & with plenty of custom options but not most people are tech junkies. So most will go with the iPhone over the other (even some tech junkies)biggrin.gif.

Cheaptrick is offline  
post #98 of 153 Old 10-02-2012, 09:37 AM
2.4ghz
 
Axon14's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,017
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Well, the iphone, up until the 5, has always run on inferior tech. Now it's got better benchmarks, but it is lacking in other departments, such as a wider screen, changeable battery, and expandable memory. Android has also (imo) surpassed iOS, though that is purely subjective. I like iOS just fine, I just happen to think Android is better.

No doubt in my mind the iphone has the superior ecosystem, however.
Axon14 is offline  
post #99 of 153 Old 10-02-2012, 09:42 AM
Programmer
 
bgtrance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Outer Space
Posts: 1,429
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheaptrick View Post

Despite iPhone's problems I still think it will reign supreme over the other smartphones. Apple created a brand that is becoming sort of a niche, well tested & very dependable. The iPhone is now synonymous of what's a smartphone is all about. Before iPhone, the cellphone is just all about calling, texting & MP3 playing. It's never been about using the cellphone as mobile computer device, web surfing, etc. even for earlier Symbian & Windows Mobile OSs. The iPhone totally changed the cellphone business.
All of you who thinks iPhone is not the best can say whatever you want about the iPhone. You can post specs after specs but it's not gonna change the majority's perception (you can probably change overclock.net's subscribers perception) on the iPhone. It will continue to dominate over the others. I don't see it getting trump on its reign. At least not in the foreseeable future unless the competitors going to bring something (significant feature) that will distinguish themselves over the iPhone. It's becoming so hard also for others to bring something that will distinguish themselves over the iPhone without copying the iPhone & getting hit with copyright infringement from Apple.
I agreed with the other gentleman's take on the iPhone about conformity or matching attitude as the reason why lots of people likes the iPhone. It's like a bad habit that is hard to break. Lots of people like the iPhone cuz that's what most people like, they're very familiar to it, it's easy to use & that's what most of their friends used.
Some tech junkies might like the Android cuz by specs it's faster & with plenty of custom options but not most people are tech junkies. So most will go with the iPhone over the other (even some tech junkies)biggrin.gif.

You nailed it pretty much and I totally fit in that last categorie of tech junkie but having an iphone. The problem with me is that while I (I will say it lightly "used to") be die hard supporter of Apple I am now slowly starting to turn away from them. Reason being is that with the death of Steve Jobs, quality control and inovation has become largely non-extstent and many of the current leaders are just focusing on the $$ and not consumer. I am going to be buying the Galaxy S3 in a week and here are the reason why. I do a lot of traveling to Eastern Europe and I had a VERY hard time with unlocking my 4S. Apple is also coming out with new sim cards every year and this stupid nano sim that they released now is rubbish at most. I was perfectly fine with microSIM. The charger is a BIG no. Why they had to change to less pin connector and to a "lightning" one I have no idea. Also all of these new reports about screen issues and scuffing on the phone are just downright ridiculous for a phone of that caliber. Thats my 2c on this whole issue.

sniper.gif
bgtrance is offline  
post #100 of 153 Old 10-02-2012, 12:20 PM
Overclocker
 
Edge Of Pain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: UK ッ
Posts: 1,516
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheaptrick View Post

Despite iPhone's problems I still think it will reign supreme over the other smartphones. Apple created a brand that is becoming sort of a niche, well tested & very dependable. The iPhone is now synonymous of what's a smartphone is all about. Before iPhone, the cellphone is just all about calling, texting & MP3 playing. It's never been about using the cellphone as mobile computer device, web surfing, etc. even for earlier Symbian & Windows Mobile OSs. The iPhone totally changed the cellphone business.
All of you who thinks iPhone is not the best can say whatever you want about the iPhone. You can post specs after specs but it's not gonna change the majority's perception (you can probably change overclock.net's subscribers perception) on the iPhone. It will continue to dominate over the others. I don't see it getting trump on its reign. At least not in the foreseeable future unless the competitors going to bring something (significant feature) that will distinguish themselves over the iPhone. It's becoming so hard also for others to bring something that will distinguish themselves over the iPhone without copying the iPhone & getting hit with copyright infringement from Apple.
I agreed with the other gentleman's take on the iPhone about conformity or matching attitude as the reason why lots of people likes the iPhone. It's like a bad habit that is hard to break. Lots of people like the iPhone cuz that's what most people like, they're very familiar to it, it's easy to use & that's what most of their friends used.
Some tech junkies might like the Android cuz by specs it's faster & with plenty of custom options but not most people are tech junkies. So most will go with the iPhone over the other (even some tech junkies)biggrin.gif.

Personally I believe it's very possible that Samsung's phones are a threat to the iPhone. That lawsuit was just Apple feeling threatened that another product is going to take some of its market share. Plenty of my college friends have either GS3s, GS2s, Ace Minis, and iPhones previous to the iPhone 5 because they are aware that the 5 isn't so brilliant in terms of bringing new things to the table. None of them are techies.

They are just aware of what they do and don't like. I know people conform to groups but I didn't know people cared about what phone their friends use...

Edge Of Pain is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off