The Official Motorola Droid Club - Page 17 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #161 of 1529 Old 01-25-2010, 08:54 AM
333mhz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I love everything about it so far. Only thing im really trying to figure out is how to save my battery a little bit better. However this battery lose could be due to the fact i have been playing with it 24/7

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #162 of 1529 Old 01-25-2010, 07:11 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by xguntherc View Post
How's everyone liking there Droid. My brother has one. they are pretty sweet phones.

I just got the Nexus One, and sold my G1. and I love it. It's an amazing phone. I can't put it down. lol. And the Galley is better on 2.1 than it was on 2.0 to whoever asked that. it's animated, and smooth. and pretty nice.
I've been in love with mine since drop day. I do like the new gallery, that and the news/weather app. Someone pulled those apks and uploaded them, so I've been running them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Far3nhe1t View Post
I love everything about it so far. Only thing im really trying to figure out is how to save my battery a little bit better. However this battery lose could be due to the fact i have been playing with it 24/7
Biggest drains are the display, and web. Put your brightness to auto, or just dim it as low as you can tolerate to squeeze every ounce you can. Mine easily lasts an 8-10 work day, much longer if I don't use it that often. Task killers are pointless, but go ahead and use one if you really want to, just a heads up.

Chimp Challenge 2 x Participant 

post #163 of 1529 Old 01-25-2010, 11:01 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 259
Task Killers are not "pointless" they help with battery life.. They do. They save the phone from working to much.

I also found with my G1 and now my Nexus one that if you completely turn off, and restart the phone every 3 days or so seems to keep the battery life better, and the phone running smoothly. you don't all need to do this, but I feel it helps and I shut down every 3rd morning for a few minutes while charging. and I use TasKiller every day.

H20 Loop: Swiftech Apogee GTZ, Feser TFC360 RAD w/ 3 Scythe GT 1850's, MCP-655 D5 Vario, EK Multi-Option Res, Masterkleer 7/16 ID, DD "FatBoy" 1/2 Barbs, Killcoil & Distilled. 28c Idle, 39c Load, Danger Den GTX 480 Nickel+Copper Block. Google CR-48 biggrin.gif

Project HAF Water-Cooled Best Overclock, & There's More to Come http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=491589

camera.gifOfficial OCN Camera Club camera.gif |Nikon D40| |18-105mm f/3.5-5.6 VR||35mm f/1.8||55-200mm f/4-5.6 VR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #164 of 1529 Old 01-26-2010, 09:08 PM
Programmer

Liked: 127
I love my droid, the ONLY let down is that most apps in the Market aren't multi-touch yet. Besides that it's awesome.

I love playing Pokemon on my gameboy emulator. The D-Pad is perfect for it.
post #165 of 1529 Old 01-26-2010, 09:10 PM
PC Gamer

Liked: 126
You don't find it to be in a bad place compared with the original GameBoy? Can't GameBoy it up with a D-Pad on the right.

Quotes (Click to show)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIU_ZOMG
but i can guarantee that he won't understand how good your pc is.. and he'll be like wthh.. why don't you buy this pentium 4 cpu coz it's so much cheaper.. DUHH
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemaniaci
Just ask yourself this, are any of the things we do to our computers necessary?

Really good at LoL? Send me a PM. It'll be worth your while. wink.gif

post #166 of 1529 Old 01-26-2010, 09:16 PM
Folding Fanatic

Liked: 165
What should I get, the Droid or the Eris? Which is better bang for the buck?

Folding. Not laundry, cool stuff! Join OCN's F@H team!

Chimp Challenge Championship Team  Foldathon Folder - 2011 Participant  Chimp Challenge Participant  5 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #167 of 1529 Old 01-26-2010, 10:31 PM
PC Gamer

Liked: 126
Probably going to get biased opinions here but I'm going to have to say the Droid. I wasn't ready to get a phone without physical buttons but the Eris does have a trackball and since the G1, the first Android phone, had one, a lot of the apps work well with it. The screen on the Droid is also so high-res that some apps had trouble from what I heard. Not sure of the screen res of the Eris so I can't say anything about that, Personal preference in the end, but the Droid feels like a rock in your hand which I really like, even if the keyboard isn't great. I would know, I just typed this whole post with it. And there are those two buttons that have no use, they're just blank.
Mikezilla likes this.

Quotes (Click to show)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIU_ZOMG
but i can guarantee that he won't understand how good your pc is.. and he'll be like wthh.. why don't you buy this pentium 4 cpu coz it's so much cheaper.. DUHH
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemaniaci
Just ask yourself this, are any of the things we do to our computers necessary?

Really good at LoL? Send me a PM. It'll be worth your while. wink.gif

post #168 of 1529 Old 01-26-2010, 10:33 PM
Folding Fanatic

Liked: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nhb93 View Post
Probably going to get biased opinions here but I'm going to have to say the Droid. I wasn't ready to get a phone without physical buttons but the Eris does have a trackball and since the G1, the first Android phone, had one, a lot of the apps work well with it. The screen on the Droid is also so high-res that some apps had trouble from what I heard. Not sure of the screen res of the Eris so I can't say anything about that, Personal preference in the end, but the Droid feels like a rock in your hand while I really like, even if the keyboard isn't great. I would know, I just typed this whole post with it. And there are those two buttons that have no use, they're just blank.
Wow thank you. Rep'ed

Folding. Not laundry, cool stuff! Join OCN's F@H team!

Chimp Challenge Championship Team  Foldathon Folder - 2011 Participant  Chimp Challenge Participant  5 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #169 of 1529 Old 01-28-2010, 05:39 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by xguntherc View Post
Task Killers are not "pointless" they help with battery life.. They do. They save the phone from working to much.

I also found with my G1 and now my Nexus one that if you completely turn off, and restart the phone every 3 days or so seems to keep the battery life better, and the phone running smoothly. you don't all need to do this, but I feel it helps and I shut down every 3rd morning for a few minutes while charging. and I use TasKiller every day.
I know it's bad for to quote yourself, but I posted this a few pages back, and didn't feel like writing it again. This is what I mean by pointless:

Quote:
Originally Posted by esocid View Post
So, for about a week now I have been running without a task manager. I got out of my linux mentality when I started using my Droid, and fixated on keeping everything out of the memory, until I remembered how linux handles background processes. In Fedora I never kill any process unless it isn't working. You won't ever run out of memory, or be bogged down by things running. Android will close things itself, and free up memory when it needs to. When you press home, or back to the home screen, whatever you were running is no longer consuming CPU cycles, and therefore is no longer consuming power. Case-in-point, when using the browser you go home and run something else, then later go back to the browser, it isn't just sitting there waiting, it basically recalls its last state and starts running again. I've stopped worrying about what I've been running and let the beauty of linux work for me .

My point of all of that being: task managers are running down batteries by constantly scanning the OS and memory, and killing things which need to re-run themselves later. I have noticed an increase in my battery life without it, and maybe a tad better since the 2.01 as well. Feel free to continue using it if you like, but just test it out for a day or two and see for yourself. It was tough for the first couple days for me.
I haven't used the task manager I bought since testing that out. It's your phone, not forcing you into doing anything, just trying to explain what I mean.

post #170 of 1529 Old 01-29-2010, 08:16 PM
4.0 GHz

Liked: 49
I find Advance Task Manager to be a well rounded app. I've had my Droid since November and I have gone through every App I could find and I've noticed a big difference in my battery life since I started using it. I love the widget that allows the one touch kill of all apps, it seems that there is always something running in the background. Games will kill an app faster than anything else, along with GPS. You can set your locations settings as a shortcut for quick access to turn them on and off.

HomeRunBattle3D is alot of fun and the graphics are the best I've seen yet. Also, GH mobile is fun for about 10mins and I get sick of it but, Mechanics Touch is just as fun as HRB3D.

Anyone else use DailyStrip? I love it! Every syndicated comic, back logged, and even no longer in print editions like Bloom County, Opus, and Calvin and Hobbes. I also found Cyanide and Happiness which has turned out to be one of my favorites, it's retarded funny.

HD video is awesome..I could go on and on about the Droid

Current App List
Advanced Task Manager
AP Mobile
Astro File Manager
Nesoid
HRB3D
Head to Head Racing Lite
Guitar Hero World Tour
MechanicsTouch
DailyStrip
Facebook
Fishin'2 Go Full -surprisingly fun
Handcent
Lookout Security -anybody else use this? I'm not to sure about it.
Maps
Verizon
Picsay Pro
Robo Defense
Sportstap
TWC
Yellowbook
Yahtzee

Is everyone here running 2.0.1? I am and think it did really well but, I WANT 2.1!!! GIVE IT UP VERIZON!!!!

*edit*
AND WHERE IS OUR FLASH 10.1!!!

Chimp Challenge Participant 

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page