post #71 of 124 Old 11-29-2005, 02:59 PM
I AM NEHALEM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by intelc4004
I think it's a different technology we're looking at... I mean look at the 7800GTX, a card worth twice the retail value of the Xbox 360 only has HALF the pipelines that the xbox has, but crushes the xbox with superior performance and quality. I think the same will go for the PS3, as well as the Revolution. They may have less pipelines, but it's not always the pipelines that make the difference.
It all makes sense, just think, a handheld thats stronger than a PS3, an Xbox thats stronger than the hand held AND the PS3, and a PC being the weakest out of all of them... how stupid (and factually untrue) does that sound?
Where do you gets this info about "superior performance and quality"?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 124 Old 11-29-2005, 03:01 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by HrnyGoat
Yeah really.. Its more or less they dont know what they are working with yet, and some games arnt even hi-def..

post #73 of 124 Old 11-29-2005, 03:04 PM
OJX
Mmm, transistors

Liked: 303
Every post up until this one was retarded

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #74 of 124 Old 11-29-2005, 03:09 PM - Thread Starter
4.0ghz

Liked: 80
Quote:
Where do you not? Do you seriously think an Xbox's videocard is stronger than the 7800GTX? LMAO

party.gif
Park in the driveway and drive on the parkway tongue.gif
So if progress means to go forward, what does congress mean?
You don't gotta like me, you're just mad because I tell it how it is and you tell it how it might be.
Perfectly Preserving Components/Electronics by Means of Heat
How do I use 100% of my cpu when F@H with HT/mult cpus active?
post #75 of 124 Old 11-29-2005, 03:11 PM - Thread Starter
4.0ghz

"The Xbox 360's ATI graphics core also throws a wrench into our graphics comparison since it uses a new-fangled Unified Shader Architecture that mixes up pixel- and vertex-pipelines and makes comparison to older video card technology very difficult. The Xbox 360 graphics core may have 48-pipelines, but we don't know how powerful they are compared to dedicated pixel and vertex pipelines."

party.gif
You don't gotta like me, you're just mad because I tell it how it is and you tell it how it might be.
post #76 of 124 Old 11-29-2005, 03:12 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 406
Quote:
Where do you not? Do you seriously think an Xbox's videocard is stronger than the 7800GTX? LMAO
Why wouldnt it be? Its still powerful, you really should just pull bs like that.. I hardly see how 48 unified shaders (<<< Unified shaders are better than pipelines/vertex shaders) at 500 mhz gets beaten by a 7800GTX with lower clock speed and 24 pipelines..

post #77 of 124 Old 11-29-2005, 03:21 PM
I AM NEHALEM

Quote:
Ok think of it like this. Say all 48 pipelines were dedicated to pixel processing. The maximum theoretical fillrate is as follows:

R500: 48 X 500 = 24 Gigatexels

7800 GTX: 24 X 450 = 10.8 Gigatexels

7800 GTX 512MB: 24 X 550 = 13.2 Gigatexels

The R500 is far ahead.

Now lets say all 48 pipelines are dedicated to vertex processing:

R500: 48 X 500 = 24 billion vertices/sec

7800 GTX: 8 X 450 = 3.6 billion vertices/sec

7800 GTX 512MB: 8 X 550 = 4.4 billion vertices/sec

Now you can see how much lead the R500 has, especially in vertex processing.
post #78 of 124 Old 11-29-2005, 03:23 PM - Thread Starter
4.0ghz

You may find this interesting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Review site
=Apples to Apples on Graphics?

The Xbox 360's ATI graphics core also throws a wrench into our graphics comparison since it uses a new-fangled Unified Shader Architecture that mixes up pixel- and vertex-pipelines and makes comparison to older video card technology very difficult. The Xbox 360 graphics core may have 48-pipelines, but we don't know how powerful they are compared to dedicated pixel and vertex pipelines.

The PlayStation 3 has a pretty strong Nvidia graphics processor, but you can see how Sony may be afraid of the specification sheet comparison by the pipeline number conveniently omitted from the PS3 graphics specifications. We're guessing that the RSX graphics processors has a traditional, non-unified shader engine, so it likely has a smaller total "pipeline" number than the ATI chip. Even if the RSX's normal pipelines are more powerful than the Xbox 360's pipes, Sony doesn't want to risk printing a lower "pipeline" number since people won't understand that it isn't an apples-to-apples comparison.

So how many traditional pipelines does the RSX have? Sony has revealed that the RSX GPU has a 550MHz core clock and has over 300 million transistors. Sony has also stated that the chip is more powerful than two GeForce 6800 Ultra cards put together. Your first guess might be that Nvidia simply doubled the pipeline number on the 6800 Ultra to make the RSX, but you also have to remember that the Ultra only clocked in at 400MHz. If the "double" performance measurement is based on fill-rate performance rather than hardware, the clock speed increase up to 550MHz is clear sign that the hardware improvement isn't from a pure doubling of pipelines. We're guessing that the actual pipeline count is going to be at 24, which is about right for 300 million transistors and, at 550MHz, has just a slightly larger fill-rate than two GeForce 6800 Ultras clocked at 400MHz. Since the GeForce Ultra had 6 vertex pipelines, the RSX likely has 6 more vertex pipes in addition to the 24 pixel pipelines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori
Why wouldnt it be? Its still powerful, you really should just pull bs like that.. I hardly see how 48 unified shaders (<<< Unified shaders are better than pipelines/vertex shaders) at 500 mhz gets beaten by a 7800GTX with lower clock speed and 24 pipelines..
Ok, BS?

Quote:
Oh really? The 360 will have 48 unified pipelines @ 500MHz, the Revolution will have 32 pipelines @ 600MHz and the PS3 will only have 24 pipelines @ 550MHz. Who's specs are amazing now?
So what about that bs? That's allowed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori
Yeah.. The Xbox GPU also has 48 unified shaders compared to the PS3's 24 pipelines... So, dont just post clock speed. Thank you.
And this, too? I suppose most of the information all here is also bs? What I said wasn't bs, that was factual information, learn to deal with it. And stop wasting space with those stupid awknowledgement posts, have respect for the site and it's servers.

party.gif
post #79 of 124 Old 11-29-2005, 03:27 PM
I AM NEHALEM

Quote:
You may find this interesting...

Ok, BS?

So what about that bs? That's allowed?

See the previous post.

And this, too? I suppose most of the information all here is also bs? What I said wasn't bs, that was factual information, learn to deal with it. And stop wasting space with those stupid awknowledgement posts, have respect for the site and it's servers.
See the previous post.
post #80 of 124 Old 11-29-2005, 03:40 PM - Thread Starter
4.0ghz

Quote:
See the previous post.
You don't get it do you?

http://hardware.gamespot.com/Story-S...features_image

PS3 is far superior than the Xbox 360. Those specs, you can just throw them away because they'll be as useless as comparing birds to mammals.

There are MANY factors that will prove PS3's dominance over the Xbox, One being it's blu-ray disk drive. Capable of storing up to 54GB( YES, GB) on a dual sided blu-ray disk, allows game developers to cram more high quality textures into that disk, instead of being limited by 4 and 9GB discs (Xbox Drive).
The playstation also has 256MB XDR DEDICATED memory, compared to the Xbox's 512MB thats shared with the cpu and videocard would give just as much advantage that a custom built system with 512MB of ram compared to a Dell with 1GB shared memory.
Also let's not forget about the bluetooth 2.0 port that comes with the PS3, allowing a ton of accessorization from aftermarket parts.
And, I believe, has 7 or more CELL processors, designed for FPU calculations (what computer fuctions are basically made up of, 1's and 0's) ONTOP of a dual or triple cored 3.2GHz CPU.
The list goes on. You can't just argue about the numbers, in cases like this, they mean VERY little. Like the title says, it's not comparing apples to apples here.

party.gif
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page