Problem after installing new PSU - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-11-2012, 03:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi all i'm having a problem with another pc here i bought last week a gtx 570 i was using before a gtx 260 so yesterday i purchase a new psu (corsair gs600) for another pc to install the gtx 260 there but now after the pc gets to the desktop it works for a while and after 1-2 min the signal of the video is lost but the pc is still on.

So today i boot in safe mode to do a backup of all the files (in safe mode there is no problem at all) reinstall windowns 7 and the problem still is present i try to put the old gpu back a geforce 9600gso and with that the pc boots but i cant see anything in the monitor is just looking for the video signal with the gtx 260 most of the times gets to the desktop the screen blinks and the video image is gone if i still the nvidia drivers in safe mode after a while in the desktop instead of the screen turning black it display a the typical blue screen and the pc just reboot

Could this be a problem of the new psu? or a problem with the gpus? the gtx 260 was working fine a week ago and is extrage it would get broken without use the same as the 9600 was working good and just to raplace it with the gtx 260 could get broken too?

The rest of the pc is

Core 2 duo
2gb ram
Intel DG41RQ

Thanks and sorry for any mistakes english is not my native
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-11-2012, 05:24 PM
nVidia Enthusiast

Liked: 71
i think its a driver problem..my cards did the same thing after disableing sli..i would loose signal..just uninstall and reinstall your drivers to see if that helps..nvidia drivers are disabled in safe mode.
post #3 of 3 Old 11-11-2012, 06:34 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 0
Well the first time thats what i did and nothing so i reinstalled windows and nothing yet, i have just managed to get the 9600 working again without a problem so after a while i connect again the 260 the first time it boot slower so after a time in the desktop doing nothing it was well so i went to check the resources the pc was using and the cpu was having a load of 30-60% doing nothing and after a moment the screen do like a blink from the middle to the bottom it and the signal is gone.

I try to install the video drives of nvidia in safe mode (in safe mode nothing happens) there was no problem but now in the desktop instead of losing signal i get a blue screen with some error and the pc restars

I still find hard to believe that the card is broken for just been a week in his box after working always without a problem

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page