Super Flower Leadex and rebrands/variants club - Page 184 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #1831 of 3912 Old 10-18-2015, 11:24 PM
New to Overclock.net

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 6212

Yeah, the SuperNOVA GS is some new SeaSonic platform that we on OCN don't know anything about yet. lol

Semi-Classic Firefox Add-ons Manager (CSS script)

The virtuous spirit has no need for thankful approval, owning a certain conviction that what has been done is right.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1832 of 3912 Old 10-18-2015, 11:35 PM
please keep drinking the koolaide

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 700
It has decent reviews from what I just saw

But it is seasonic that is to be expected. I look forward to their next big drop, however I hope they start focusing on blind ( a bit )

They did great on their new white lineup. Now if they could tastefully do some leds

Rigbuilder and how to put it in your sig post-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gif budget components = budget resultsPearls before swine! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106 go_quote.gif

Also rma wise, regardless of what vendor used it's always like getting a tooth pulled imo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by szeged go_quote.gif

I facepalmed when trying to explain cpu and gpu overclocking to him after he got his 4930k. It was like teaching trigonometry to a rock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106 go_quote.gif

That's like wrapping your car around a pole then asking for warranty service.
Dont be hard on yourself, we all break stuff sooner or later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCables go_quote.gif

I don't appreciate your judgment here. I am just stating facts. That's all I'm doing. If you are taking offense to it or something, then that's not my problem, so don't put it on me. Ok?...Good god man. You would know that if you would actually carefully read...
post #1833 of 3912 Old 10-19-2015, 06:26 AM
Commodore 64

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by looniam View Post

if you are looking at a 1151 socket and SLI 2 mid range gpus then a 750 is fine. but if you are looking at a socket 2011 w/2 flagship gpus; you'd be better served w/1K psu.

Sounds like a plan. Is a P2/G2 1000W for X99/2011-3 a decent PSU? Or do I have to start all over again? wink.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post

SLI with what cards?
Most likely, if affordable, 2x 980 TI SuperClocked+'s from EVGA. Currently got the one.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1834 of 3912 Old 10-19-2015, 07:04 AM
PSU Buff

Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega Man View Post

ty. I thought next was eol. But interesting about the gs

Nah they are still selling the NEX series, although it's a bit confusing because they are selling a second generation where they've updated it (no longer has useless handle on it for example).
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReSpawNnL View Post

Sounds like a plan. Is a P2/G2 1000W for X99/2011-3 a decent PSU? Or do I have to start all over again? wink.gif
Most likely, if affordable, 2x 980 TI SuperClocked+'s from EVGA. Currently got the one.

I'm running X99 and I've had no issues with my G2.
post #1835 of 3912 Old 10-19-2015, 06:01 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

It depends on more than just the chipset and CPU. In fact, I'd say that the chipset doesn't even matter. What matters more is the CPU, so which CPU do you want? Will you be overclocking it? If you will be overclocking it, then how high will you try to overclock it? A more important thing to consider is what you will have for a video card, or what you'll have for video cards (and how many). Even more important than that is whether you will be overclocking it/them. If so, then how high?

Quote:

So, having said what I said above, do you have any plans to overclock anything at all? Your CPU? If so, then how high? Your 980 Ti's (when you get the 2nd one)? If so, then how will you be overclocking them? Will you try to go as high as possible with big voltage increases that are higher than programs like MSI Afterburner allows for? Or, will you overclock just high enough that requires maybe a small voltage increase in programs like MSI Afterburner?

(I'm talking about overclocking above and beyond the factory overclock - I realize that they are factory overclocked, but their overclock isn't high enough to worry about in terms of power consumption)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaise170 View Post

I'm running X99 and I've had no issues with my G2.

Of course not because you only have one R9 290.

The virtuous spirit has no need for thankful approval, owning a certain conviction that what has been done is right.

post #1836 of 3912 Old 10-19-2015, 06:15 PM
PSU Buff

Quote:

It depends on more than just the chipset and CPU. In fact, I'd say that the chipset doesn't even matter. What matters more is the CPU, so which CPU do you want? Will you be overclocking it? If you will be overclocking it, then how high will you try to overclock it? A more important thing to consider is what you will have for a video card, or what you'll have for video cards (and how many). Even more important than that is whether you will be overclocking it/them. If so, then how high?

So, having said what I said above, do you have any plans to overclock anything at all? Your CPU? If so, then how high? Your 980 Ti's (when you get the 2nd one)? If so, then how will you be overclocking them? Will you try to go as high as possible with big voltage increases that are higher than programs like MSI Afterburner allows for? Or, will you overclock just high enough that requires maybe a small voltage increase in programs like MSI Afterburner?

(I'm talking about overclocking above and beyond the factory overclock - I realize that they are factory overclocked, but their overclock isn't high enough to worry about in terms of power consumption)

Of course not because you only have one R9 290.

I know, just saying. tongue.gif I've still got pretty high overclocks regardless (4.5GHz 5820k and 1150MHz 290).
post #1837 of 3912 Old 10-19-2015, 06:18 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

I know, just saying. tongue.gif I've still got pretty high overclocks regardless (4.5GHz 5820k and 1150MHz 290).

Yeah, but still. lol :) Your PSU is like, "Really? Is that the best you can do? Sigh."

post #1838 of 3912 Old 10-19-2015, 06:32 PM
PSU Buff

Quote:

Yeah, but still. lol smile.gif Your PSU is like, "Really? Is that the best you can do? Sigh."

Better for it to be telling me that than the converse. redface.gif
post #1839 of 3912 Old 10-19-2015, 06:40 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

Better for it to be telling me that than the converse. redface.gif

Yeah, but my point is that it's a little bit silly to tell someone that you're not having any problems when that person is looking at having a much higher power consumption than you.

post #1840 of 3912 Old 10-19-2015, 07:04 PM
PSU Buff

Quote:

Yeah, but my point is that it's a little bit silly to tell someone that you're not having any problems when that person is looking at having a much higher power consumption than you.

With a bigger PSU than mine though. tongue.gif

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page