post #3211 of 3912 Old 07-12-2016, 12:22 PM
Overclocker in Training

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by shilka View Post

Yes there are capacitors in the cables and if you remove them you are going to make the ripple suppression of your G2/P2 slighty worse.

If I made my own cables and put the caps lower down or half way then I'll keep that suppression and train my cables better, is that correct?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3212 of 3912 Old 07-12-2016, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 2696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjiw View Post

If I made my own cables and put the caps lower down or half way then I'll keep that suppression and train my cables better, is that correct?
Even moving them will change the ripple suppression as tiny tom logan from overclock3d.net found out
Just note that when i say worse i dont mean you are going to kill your PSU or its going to explode or anything like that

We are probably talking 20-25mv if its that much but worse is still worse.

post #3213 of 3912 Old 07-12-2016, 12:26 PM
Overclocker in Training

Quote:

Even moving them will change the ripple suppression as tiny tom logan from overclock3d.net found out
Just note that when i say worse i dont mean you are going to kill your PSU or its going to explode or anything like that

We are probably walking 20-25mv if its that much but worse is still worse.

Any idea if I can move them or change the type of capacitor? I imagine its due to resistance of the wire length and gauge also plays a role in the suppression?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3214 of 3912 Old 07-12-2016, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter

I dont know what type of caps they use but you should probably not change them
Speaking of the devil TTL why dont you watch this video

You can can make your own cables from CableMod so why not use them instead of making your own cables?

post #3215 of 3912 Old 07-12-2016, 12:42 PM
Overclocker in Training

Quote:

I dont know what type of caps they use but you should probably not change them
Speaking of the devil TTL why dont you watch this video
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

You can can make your own cables from CableMod so why not use them instead of making your own cables?

I don't like him personally so do you know when he speaks about it? And the reason why I'd like to make my own is because eventually I'd like to offer it as a service myself as a side job.
post #3216 of 3912 Old 07-12-2016, 12:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I don't like him personally so do you know when he speaks about it? And the reason why I'd like to make my own is because eventually I'd like to offer it as a service myself as a side job.
I dont like him all that much either but that does not mean he is wrong
As for sleeving and stuff i am not the person you should ask as i dont know a lot about cable sleeving

post #3217 of 3912 Old 07-12-2016, 12:58 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 280
Don't these customs sleeve shops have some Chinese slave shop or a machine that does this work? Even then the cables often cost as much as 1 or even 2 new PSUs. Considering sleeving costs cents it's just outrageous price to pay $100-200 for custom sleeved cables. It's a pure show off item for open cases in presentations.
You can put the caps where ever you want, even swap them for other caps with different performance that you like/prefer more, it's all gonna change how well they do at ripple suppression. At best you want them at the end of the cables.
post #3218 of 3912 Old 07-12-2016, 01:18 PM
Overclocker in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackCY View Post

Don't these customs sleeve shops have some Chinese slave shop or a machine that does this work? Even then the cables often cost as much as 1 or even 2 new PSUs. Considering sleeving costs cents it's just outrageous price to pay $100-200 for custom sleeved cables. It's a pure show off item for open cases in presentations.
You can put the caps where ever you want, even swap them for other caps with different performance that you like/prefer more, it's all gonna change how well they do at ripple suppression. At best you want them at the end of the cables.

Which end? Also not that I'm aware of, normally they're hand made hence the price because it takes a lot of man hours to do custom sleeves to customer spec, it might be a show off item but then why do people buy performance parts with fancy lights on them etc, because it's also nice to look at, I have a windowed Define S and I'm proud of what I've built so I'd like so nice cables to go with my overall build. If you're not about it that's fine lol but everyone's different. thumb.gif
post #3219 of 3912 Old 07-12-2016, 01:30 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 6212
Quote:

I don't see any reason to dislike this guy.

Anyway, all he says in the video is that if you are ordering replacement cables for a PSU that has caps on any of the cables you're replacing for that PSU, then you will get caps on those cables in the correct places with the correct caps. CableMod knows which cables need caps and where they need to be installed based on the model of PSU you're ordering for.

Semi-Classic Firefox Add-ons Manager (CSS script)

The virtuous spirit has no need for thankful approval, owning a certain conviction that what has been done is right.

post #3220 of 3912 Old 07-12-2016, 01:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post

I don't see any reason to dislike this guy.

Anyway, all he says in the video is that if you are ordering replacement cables for a PSU that has caps on any of the cables you're replacing for that PSU, then you will get caps on those cables in the correct places with the correct caps. CableMod knows which cables need caps and where they need to be installed based on the model of PSU you're ordering for.
Here is all the reason you need to dislike him

Those results is because the testing machine is set up wrong which means he pretty much killed off a whole brand because of his stupid mistake
That video is still up and has never been taken down nor has he explained anything, i only found out about his mistake from OklahomaWolf that called him out on his mistake

That and the way he goes off topic and just talks forever without really saying anything is also really annoying.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page