Psu looks like its gonna arrive late - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 12-14-2005, 02:32 PM - Thread Starter
3.5ghz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Well I have already got my 7800gt and new board but I need to wait until christmas day to use it. The only problem is that my new fortron psu hasn't been shipped yet and I called them and they weren't sure when it would. So I was wondering if my 350 would even be able to boot up with the gt in it. Just to suffice until I get my fortron.

Come on Louis I've got lives to save.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-14-2005, 02:42 PM
Never Fast Enough!

Liked: 251
Well there's no other way to find out other than to try it. Give it a shot, if stability is an issue then it's a power problem. You shouldn't overclock till you get the new PSU though.

If you have questions about Overclock.net, first read the ToS!
I'm not really a newbie btw. Retired from overclocking and this time I mean it! wink.gif
post #3 of 6 Old 12-14-2005, 02:48 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheidow
Well I have already got my 7800gt and new board but I need to wait until christmas day to use it. The only problem is that my new fortron psu hasn't been shipped yet and I called them and they weren't sure when it would. So I was wondering if my 350 would even be able to boot up with the gt in it. Just to suffice until I get my fortron.
my brother has his 7800gt system running off an ordinary 300 watt psu and seems to be able to even oc well, i spose he just got lucky, he didnt even realise that he didnt put his good psu in when he changed cases about 4 months ago!!! on the other hand my rig wont even boot with a 300 w psu. as mentioneed just give it a crack and fingers crossed!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 12-14-2005, 02:51 PM
4.9ghz

Liked: 312
I would think it should run since you arent loading a lot of other stuff in there. If you look at Dell's they will offten have 250w supplys in them, and they are very reliable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulTa go_quote.gif
I'm like Obi wan. I just pop in and out, offer vague comments and advice, and then tell you to use the force.
post #5 of 6 Old 12-14-2005, 03:09 PM - Thread Starter
3.5ghz

Ya Im just praying that it works because if I get it all installed and it won't boot christmas isn't gonna be very fun. WHen I called them today the damn guy could barely speak english and understand me. God that makes me mad why can't they not be cheap and not higher foriegners for those kind of jobs. Not saying anything bad about foriengers or anything but it would probably make better customer service if you could understand them.
Wow im screwed it 20 pin my mobo is 24 unless it has an adapter or something and it has no pci-e connector I don't think.

post #6 of 6 Old 12-15-2005, 04:56 AM - Thread Starter
3.5ghz

Could anyone reccomened me a new psu because I need it to be here for christmas day. Im ordering off ncix canada and need to make a decision.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page