Corsair TX line changed in secret - Page 11 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #101 of 209 Old 12-26-2010, 07:39 PM
4.0ghz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Thank you for posting this. You have industry contacts and are sill willing to call BS.

+ REP

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 209 Old 12-26-2010, 09:37 PM - Thread Starter
PSU Buff

Liked: 1730
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLaw;11786006 
I mean its a little bit sneaky but its not like they replaced it with Bestec internals...

I guess they didn't want to make it such a big deal for business-sake. Need to keep their sales up I suppose.

Not the biggest fan of the situation, but I think again, its not like they are pulling a CX430 here.

Of course not. It's the pattern that worries me. They made smokescreens and lied about the CX series; and they made smokescreens and lied about the revised TX series. The revised TX series isn't nearly as big an insult as the revised CX series, but it's still showing an alarming propensity toward dishonesty.

Burning books is like burning bras; after the adrenaline rush of the symbolic moment wears off all you're left with is a pile of ashes and unsupported boobs.
post #103 of 209 Old 12-26-2010, 09:42 PM
for life.

Liked: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLaw;11786006 
I mean its a little bit sneaky but its not like they replaced it with Bestec internals...

I guess they didn't want to make it such a big deal for business-sake. Need to keep their sales up I suppose.

Not the biggest fan of the situation, but I think again, its not like they are pulling a CX430 here.

It's not as bad as the CX430.

At least this thing will do 650W or 750W without going up in flames.
They just cheaped out on it, so reliability kind of drops here, but it still is about the same.

What matters is the fact that they aren't being entirely honest.

Chimp Challenge Participant  10 Million+ Folding at Home points 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #104 of 209 Old 12-26-2010, 11:49 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 85
What's the deal with the heat-shrink on the coils? Sound dampening? confused.gif

2 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #105 of 209 Old 12-27-2010, 12:15 AM

Liked: 2154
post #106 of 209 Old 12-27-2010, 08:22 AM
4.0ghz

Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obakemono View Post
What's the deal with the heat-shrink on the coils? Sound dampening?
Also acts as a primitive type of shielding, which should help them run more efficiently.

post #107 of 209 Old 12-27-2010, 08:48 AM
Zap
4.0ghz

Liked: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by allikat View Post
Seasonic are entirely happy making their own power supplies.
That may be part of the problem, trying to compete in a crowded market by reselling parts from a company that also sells direct.

That, and with so many Seasonic rebrands out there, how do you differentiate your product?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe63 View Post
Thank you for posting this. You have industry contacts and are sill willing to call BS.
Last I heard his "industry contact" was with Antec.

Oyaji

post #108 of 209 Old 12-27-2010, 08:58 AM - Thread Starter
PSU Buff

Liked: 1730
Industry contact sounds really pretentious.

My information source is an interested party and stands to gain from seeing FUD smeared on Corsair. So I've been properly skeptical. Indeed, he also claimed to have Chroma test results for this PSHII TX750, but since they were not consistent with what we've seen from this platform I've dismissed them until the unit can be tested by a disinterested party.

As far as myself and other community members can determine, however, the picture is legitimate, and all data seems to point toward Corsair's PSH and S12 units being replaced with PSHII.

If it turns out my source is lying outright and faked that TX750, I'll name him. I'm no one's shill; while he may benefit from what I'm doing, I'm doing it for the community, not for him or his company.

Burning books is like burning bras; after the adrenaline rush of the symbolic moment wears off all you're left with is a pile of ashes and unsupported boobs.
post #109 of 209 Old 12-27-2010, 11:50 AM
Hardware Dude

Liked: 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus2129 View Post
I'm not so much upset over them changing it. What upsets me is the wall of silence and the dishonesty involved.
1.) They initially claimed the new units would be from SeaSonic (they're actually from CWT)
2.) They claimed that it would be a separate series (it isn't)
3.) They claimed that the TX series would be only temporarily changed to PSHII (unsure)
4.) And that the PSHII units and the TX650 in particular would be marked with a -C (never happened)
Sorry if we haven't been clear, but I'm not sure where you're getting this data. The current TX series were silently upgraded to make them perform better (better efficiency, ripple, etc) and to tweak a few other things. The newer units are identifiable with the -C after the part number (example: CMPSU-650TX-C)

See here:

I can't comment on unannounced products, but there are websites out there that have leaked data on future product lines from us, and the -C units aren't it.

Quote:
I don't want to be an enemy of Corsair. But they're showing no respect for the enthusiast community, and enthusiasts are the reason they have the respect they do. Now they're lying and keeping mum while they cheapen their lineup. It doesn't matter that the new TX750 is still decent; I'm glad that it is. But they're basically flipping us the bird. Disregarding what we've done for them. So long and thanks for all the fish. Sayonara. Piss off. But keep giving us money, k?
I'm really sorry you feel this way, but this isn't the case at all. The change was made for multiple reasons, some of which are supply-side issues and others are performance and quality reasons. I can't get into each and every reason, but what have we done to justify this venom?

We still sell some of the best PSUs on the market (AX, HX series) some of the best price performance PSUs (TX) and even our cheapest PSUs (CX) outperform other products in their price points.

Quote:
No Alli, you missed the point of the thread. There are no TXV2s or TX-Cs. This is it. There won't be any SeaSonic-made TXV2s. Ever. All we get are PSHIIs. These are the TXV2s.
Not sure how you got this information, but a lot of it is completely wrong.

Quote:
Of course not. It's the pattern that worries me. They made smokescreens and lied about the CX series; and they made smokescreens and lied about the revised TX series. The revised TX series isn't nearly as big an insult as the revised CX series, but it's still showing an alarming propensity toward dishonesty.
Not sure what we lied about. Could you please point it out?

Quote:
Industry contact sounds really pretentious.

My information source is an interested party and stands to gain from seeing FUD smeared on Corsair. So I've been properly skeptical. Indeed, he also claimed to have Chroma test results for this PSHII TX750, but since they were not consistent with what we've seen from this platform I've dismissed them until the unit can be tested by a disinterested party.

As far as myself and other community members can determine, however, the picture is legitimate, and all data seems to point toward Corsair's PSH and S12 units being replaced with PSHII.

If it turns out my source is lying outright and faked that TX750, I'll name him. I'm no one's shill; while he may benefit from what I'm doing, I'm doing it for the community, not for him or his company.
I bet I could guess who it is, but in order to clear some things up, how about this:

I will answer any and all questions I can about ANY Corsair product directly.

Instead or relying on rumors, why not just ask me? I've been posting as Redbeard on HardOCP for over 5 years.

If you want to email me directly, I'm redbeard@corsair.com and I'll be happy to answer your questions.

I've personally been involved in the development of EVERY PSU we have ever sold, and I'm currently the product manager for Cases and Cooling products, so if you have a question about our products, come to me and I'll answer honestly.

There are some things I cannot talk about - we don't comment on unannounced products, so if you're asking me about our next-gen 5,000W PSU or something I'll just reply "no comment", but it never hurts to ask.
post #110 of 209 Old 12-27-2010, 11:55 AM
4.0ghz

Liked: 85
Making popcorn, getting ready for the show...............

2 Million+ Folding at Home points 

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page