post #121 of 289 Old 03-01-2012, 05:22 PM
4.0 GHz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfc89 View Post

For the sake of argument. Who are you to say what these companies should price their products at. I mentioned this earlier in this thread and I'll say it once more. We are extremely lucky that we are able to have the best of what is currently available at a reasonable price. Take a look at any other electronic build whether it be a home theater or car audio. To have the best you'll be out 300k minimum on a home theater. And your complaining about a 600 dollar video card lol. I just dropped 1500 dollars on a 5-channel amp for my theater that's considered upper entry level at best. To get into the high end amps your looking at a minimum 50k for one amp.

What your comparing hardly makes any sense. High end audio equipment can last a lifetime and continues to do it's job at extremely high levels. A 300k home theater doesn't exactly get completely outclassed each and every year.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 289 Old 03-01-2012, 05:30 PM
AMD Overclocker

Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by madalin View Post

And, @ NotUrAverageJoe: You know why i said that? Remember how AMD used to brag about the fact that they care about the customers.. they offer good prices so that they can afford everything.
Now, when they have these cards that perform fantastically, that policy is down. I'm not blaming them, it happens with every other company. I just pointed it out, that they don't really care about us.

What kills me is how entitled people feel. Why do you HAVE to get the fastest card in the world? You could easily get a 7800 series card and play every game on high, if not max them out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saizer View Post

1.5 performance? Not with newer drivers, which is the right opposite. Please do not make me thow you some proof of how better the 590 is against the 6990 in terms of performance. Please do not force me, save me that step thumb.gif
It's fanaticism because they are throwing crap to nvidia with no reason. Just because nvidia prices their products higher than AMD doesn't mean it sucks. You're paying for the brand, for the drivers, for the 3D Vision Surround, for the Physx, for the Sli, for the higher performance, etc. So after all the higher price is very justifiable.
If you don't like nvidia, fine. Why would you come here then if not to throw your AMD fanaticism to us, nvidia users who really care about the next nvidia's cards? Guys, if I'm wrong please let me know why you guys read this post. I have a big curiosity on how your brains think. Let me know how far human stupidity can get biggrin.gif.

You'd be amazed how many people that get labeled an "AMD fanboy" are actually neutral. My current card was actually supposed to be an Nvidia one but they couldn't compete. Every decent gtx 570 was $50+ higher with worse cooling and a nosier fan. It also blows my mind to hear you complain about fanaticism... Nvidia has by far the most trolls on the entire web - Intel and AMD don't even come close. Now look at the current situation: Nvidia keeps making promises without benchmarks or even releasing specs, and Nvidia fanatics keep telling everyone that they'll beat the 7970 and still sell the card for less than $350. Are you surprised people aren't buying into that nonsense?

Anyways, everyone is throwing crap on the green machine because they keep throwing out hype with nothing to back it up. It's no different than the Bulldozer hype: Fanatics said it would destroy everything Intel had, and everyone else said proof.gif
post #123 of 289 Old 03-01-2012, 05:37 PM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #124 of 289 Old 03-01-2012, 05:39 PM
Overclocker

Liked: 49
Does Nvidia have agreement with ATI that they will not compete with each other directly and let each other have half year of ownage? Like Nvidia will releases their cards 6 months later for every gen and Nvidia will have half year of ownage before ATI releases it's next gen. Will I ever see them release new gen cards at the same month??

Overclock.net 10 Year Member 

post #125 of 289 Old 03-01-2012, 05:41 PM
P.J
*cough* Stock *cough*

Liked: 36
Graphic card isn't only for gaming baaasmiley.gif

post #126 of 289 Old 03-01-2012, 05:41 PM
EASY TO INSTALL

Liked: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by BodgeITandRun View Post

Well bulldozer was still a better attempt at a CPU than Nvidia have done. I just want kepler to come out now so I can decide which card to get, or not get.

Ah. Sugarcoating.

post #127 of 289 Old 03-01-2012, 05:41 PM

Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin SSJ Eric View Post

I'll be sure to check back on this thread if and when Nvidia releases a $350 7970-killer. Should be plenty of AMD crow to go around here in this thread....

I'll eat an entire murder of crows if they release a 350$ 7970 killer because Ill definitely be buying one. Besides I wouldnt have to eat crow, I think its unlikely, not impossible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkX 1 go_quote.gif

User - "I have (something that is not a 290x) and I play on a (monitor that is lower than 1440p). I get stutters, please help."

You - "You are a peasant with peasant hardware. Upgrade."

1 Million+ Folding at Home points  Chimp Challenge Participant  BOINC Pentathlon Participant x3 

post #128 of 289 Old 03-01-2012, 05:54 PM
PC Gamer

Liked: 7
What are they doing that is taking them so much? with all the delay one would hope to see a miraculous gpu!

Chimp Challenge Participant 

post #129 of 289 Old 03-01-2012, 05:59 PM
4.0 GHz

Liked: 58
Was there an official release date I didn't hear about that Nvidia missed? Whats this about being delayed? Everyone is acting like Nvidia is hyping this thing up when it was one employee in Italy making a Facebook post. Seriously a lot of people need to relax and let life move on. Check back when there is official news if you don't want to read speculation.

post #130 of 289 Old 03-01-2012, 06:00 PM

Liked: 3
I'm waiting for Kepler. Partly because it might be better than the 7950/70, mainly because it should lower prices more so I can upgrade other parts of my new build. Release the 690 for $1 please. wink.gifbiggrin.gif

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page