post #71 of 90 Old 03-12-2013, 04:11 PM
Graphics Card Aficionado

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayFrosty View Post

Well Corsair has a SSD line called the Neuron GTX, I don't think Nvidia cared.

Yeah, but then again Corsair don't make graphics card.

And having say, an AMD Radeon GTX 120GB ssd.. could confuse costumers. Radeon + GTX in the same title.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 90 Old 03-12-2013, 04:17 PM

Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieHo View Post

AMD does not produce NAND or DRAM.... they do not develop NAND controllers/firmware.... they do not do manufacturing... they do not do fabbing...

There is nothing they could do that would undercut or even reduce the prices of SSD since they would have to go to 3rd parties for EVERYTHING except support/marketing.

and firmware. which would make amd part of 99% of all ssd oems. not many make their own ssd from scratch. intel and samsung are the only ones i think
post #73 of 90 Old 03-12-2013, 04:18 PM
PC Gamer

Liked: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonehxc View Post

Samsung will survive without a doubt. Aside from designing and manufacturing EVERYTHING(memory, board, controller and firmware)has proven consistently it's the best SSD manufacturer out there. Micron/Crucial will also survive, and I can see Plextor the third in the pack. As for the rest of companies(OCZ, Corsair, etc etc)their SSD's are collages more than anything(memory from X, controller from Y, frimware from Z and please let it be Z the one that writes your frimware, cause you don't have a clue).Intel still can be the fourth, but I see them more focused in the enterprise market rather than in the consumer market. WD needs to step up their game if they don't want to be caught off-guard when the HDD are deemed obsolete and deprecated.

Samsung's place in the Ram market is different than companies like Crucial, Patriot,Corsair or G.Skill though. Samsung & Hynix makes all the DRam modules/chips that go on all the DDR3 Ram PCBs & Nvidia/AMD Graphic cards(as GDDR5). Corsair/G.Skill just buy the chips from Samsung/Hynix, assemble them onto PCBs, Bin them, attach heatspreader and Sell them.

I don't hug trees, but I do drive a Prius wink.gif

post-flame-small.gif GTX 1080 Overclock Leaderboard & Owners Club post-flame-small.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #74 of 90 Old 03-12-2013, 04:35 PM
New to Overclock.net

Liked: 30
id LMAO if this was a rebranded Intel SSD biggrin.gif .... oh one more thing that piss me off is that 990fx chipset /AM3+ socket are so outdated, they lack native PCIE3, USB3 and SATA3. Yet they sell PCIE3 graphic card, and SSD doh.gif it doesnt make any sense, their enthusiast platform doesnt fully benefit other radeon branded stuff.

post #75 of 90 Old 03-12-2013, 04:37 PM
*cough* Stock *cough*

Liked: 19
GTX isn't a term that Nvidia owns the rights to. Yes they have had their 'GTX' series cards for some time, but that doesn't mean that other companies can't use that acronym.

post #76 of 90 Old 03-12-2013, 04:45 PM
Intel Overclocker

Liked: 33
The name is idiotic, when people hear "GTX" nVidia GeForce will always come to mind. It also seems like AMD is trying to get into every industry other than CPU and GPU. Their "Overclocker's" ram was a joke, their CPU's are worthless (for various reasons that I will not go into detail about **I would not like to start a debate on why AMD cpu's are inferior**), they falsely announced and faked the next generation of their GPU's and their APU's continue to be a laughing stalk for anyone who cares about having a decently performing computer and now they think people are going to buy SSD's from them and associate the brand with performance and quality?? When I think AMD I think of a cheap and poorly made alternative. Not quality and not performance (yes the 7xxx series of GPU's is dated both hardware wise and driver wise).

Nice try AMD.

- chmodlabs

Advanced cooling research @ Chmod Labs Austin
Current Build --> Core i7-2600k @ stock - ASUS Maximus Gene IV - Corsair H80i - EVGA GTX 670 2Gb - Patriot Viper 3 16Gb 1866Mhz Ram

And yes I was first to design and market a Antec Kuhler 620 GPU mount (it's better than dwood's!)
NOVEC 7000 is just really amazing stuff

Chimp Challenge Participant 

post #77 of 90 Old 03-12-2013, 04:48 PM

Liked: 94
Perhaps we're all missing the point here and AMD's plan is to release SSDs of incredibly low quality, thereby causing the consumer to associate GTX branded pc parts with crap. thinking.gif
post #78 of 90 Old 03-12-2013, 05:02 PM
Intel Overclocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdenpaka View Post

GTX isn't a term that Nvidia owns the rights to. Yes they have had their 'GTX' series cards for some time, but that doesn't mean that other companies can't use that acronym.

Yes, but if you're trying to market a product to computer enthusiasts who are aware of nVidia and their products the notion is really flawed although legal. AMD's approach to marketting is pathetic, if you're trying to differentiate your product from any competition, especially nVidia, why would you incorporate a term used in almost every one of your competitors products for the past decade?

- chmodlabs

Current Build --> Core i7-2600k @ stock - ASUS Maximus Gene IV - Corsair H80i - EVGA GTX 670 2Gb - Patriot Viper 3 16Gb 1866Mhz Ram

And yes I was first to design and market a Antec Kuhler 620 GPU mount (it's better than dwood's!)

post #79 of 90 Old 03-12-2013, 05:04 PM
Intel Overclocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonnis View Post

Perhaps we're all missing the point here and AMD's plan is to release SSDs of incredibly low quality, thereby causing the consumer to associate GTX branded pc parts with crap. thinking.gif

Sabotage. It all makes sense now.

- chmodlabs biggrin.gif

post #80 of 90 Old 03-12-2013, 05:06 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonehxc View Post

Samsung will survive without a doubt. Aside from designing and manufacturing EVERYTHING(memory, board, controller and firmware)has proven consistently it's the best SSD manufacturer out there. Micron/Crucial will also survive, and I can see Plextor the third in the pack. As for the rest of companies(OCZ, Corsair, etc etc)their SSD's are collages more than anything(memory from X, controller from Y, frimware from Z and please let it be Z the one that writes your frimware, cause you don't have a clue).Intel still can be the fourth, but I see them more focused in the enterprise market rather than in the consumer market. WD needs to step up their game if they don't want to be caught off-guard when the HDD are deemed obsolete and deprecated.

As of Vertex 4, it is all done in house by OCZ. Controllers and everything are OCZ, I dont' see them going anywhere at any point in the near future.

post-flame-small.gif Member of some OCN clubs - Those links would be here if I had more room post-flame-small.gif

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page