Silverstone Raven RVZ01 / RVZ02 / ML07 / ML08 / FTZ01 Owners Club - Page 611 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #6101 of 7154 Old 06-12-2016, 09:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodiacG66 View Post

The NT06-PRO would need to have the fan on the bottom of the cooler to fit into the RVZ01.
Is the Pallas hitting the heat sinks on the motherboard?
The curved heat pipes need to be at the bottom part of the board, like this -

Is the one you're showing a raijintek pallas?

I just cannot fit it in any way. the pipes cannot face the GPU nor the opposite side, and the motherboard's cpu location is very restricting too, it just seems like those single components can work fine in pairs but not as a trio :\

Regarding the NT06-PRO I have no issues moving the case fan to the bottom of the case, as long as it ACTUALLY fits. Today's situation is making me doubt things I was so sure the pallas was gonna be great for my case ..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6102 of 7154 Old 06-12-2016, 12:06 PM

Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by viking21 View Post

Hi guys, I'm planning a build with the rvz02:

gigabyte z170N wifi
i76700K
silverstone ar06
corsair sfx 600
2x8GB ram corsair cl13 2133mhz
gpu: I read a reference graphics card would be better.

My main concerns are noise and temperatures, I'd rather a system not louder than a ps4 with good temperatures. Will this build be fine?
Hi, there are several posts abt Gigabyte Z170N WIFI causing cpu throttling to 800MHz FYI,
http://www.overclock.net/t/1577503/build-log-hubble-a-node-304-skylake-build/20#post_24616417
http://www.overclock.net/t/1466816/silverstone-raven-rvz01-rvz02-ml07-ml08-ftz01-owners-club/6020#post_25202732
http://www.overclock.net/t/1570313/skylake-overclocking-guide-with-statistics/5900#post_24926894
http://www.silentpcreview.com/article1497-page5.html

post #6103 of 7154 Old 06-13-2016, 12:39 AM

Liked: 1
Someone on Facebook told me to join here biggrin.gif

Z97N Gaming 5
4690K @ 4.5GHz
H90 140mm AIO
16GB Vengeance Pro 2400MHz
R9 Nano
500GB 850 EVO
256GB SSD370S
ST45SF-G

mironccr345 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6104 of 7154 Old 06-13-2016, 11:06 AM
PC Gamer

Liked: 6
Very nice build, how dose the Nano cope with the extra heat with the rad next to it? I did the same in my RVZ01 but found the temps on the GPU side went up so I took it all out and went back to air cooled and found the CPU was almost the same but the GPU dropped about 10c.

Too old to die young!
post #6105 of 7154 Old 06-13-2016, 11:36 AM

That looks like it would run hot lol. I'm waiting on money to get my psu/ram and I'm done. (Not going to use a gpu for now)

Was going to put my 1080 in it but I put it in my atx rig instead since its already fully built
post #6106 of 7154 Old 06-13-2016, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking21 View Post

Hi guys, I'm planning a build with the rvz02:

gigabyte z170N wifi
i76700K
silverstone ar06
corsair sfx 600
2x8GB ram corsair cl13 2133mhz
gpu: I read a reference graphics card would be better.

My main concerns are noise and temperatures, I'd rather a system not louder than a ps4 with good temperatures. Will this build be fine?

The construction of the RVZ02 does not require the GPU and CPU to share airflow like conventional load-outs. You have less issues with one cooler recycling the heat from the other. As such, a blower cooler does not offer significant advantage (especially when you factor the increased noise to performance ratio).

A lot of mITX cases struggle with air cooling because the original cooling considerations for ATX required low airflow impedance and a singular air stream from the bottom of the front (and/or sides) through the top of the back. Cut case volume significantly and the only easy way to achieve low airflow impedance is placing cooling components with minimal transit distance to and from wide open vents.

An additional disadvantage of blower coolers in these cases is that you are removing the GPU fan pressure from the case. Remember, this case's exhaust depends on positive air pressure. With a blower cooler, you have low turbulence and hot air can settle on the GPU backside. Conventional layouts don't have this issue because the CPU cooler will create airflow on the GPU backside for you.

Can anyone venture a guess at my question? I have since built the system and prime95 plateaus around 60C with case (@1200 RMP) and cooler fan (@1800 RMP) and without GPU. Case fan does indeed lack PWM. Noise is undetectable next to my current machine (a dual Xeon monstrosity). I am thinking of just commissioning the shroud to use dimples to hold it and place for easy install and doing my own comparison. Also going to commission a new foot. The stock cradles are really bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aburgesser View Post

I need some advice on CPU cooler configuration.

This is my part list (Note the GPU is a placeholder for a Strix 1070): http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Nzbq6h

I have a AXP-100R and a Gentle Typhoon for the CPU. Additionally, I can/will commission a 3D printed shroud for my cooling solution. The question becomes: what would be the optimal layout theoretically? Target is noise/performance balance.

The obvious solution is to use the Typhoon as a case fan and the cooler fan on the cooler without a joining shroud.

Option 2 is to join the paired fans with a shroud.

Option 3 is to use the Typhoon (or cooler fan) as the sole fan on the case and duct it to the sink avoiding fan interference. Not sure if the Typhoon has PWM though.

I don't really want to run the Typhoon on the sink and duct it to the vent because this system is intended to fly as a carry-on. As a consequence, I would rather minimize torque on the motherboard. The vent offset complicates any thoughts of supporting the heat-sink with the wall.

GPU will run the stock case fans until I find them deficient.
post #6107 of 7154 Old 06-13-2016, 09:58 PM

No issues with temps, if anything, it makes the CPU hotter lol. I would love to put a couple of small fans on the top side as an active exhaust which _will_ help heaps, but I have other plans going ahead for this case :3
post #6108 of 7154 Old 06-14-2016, 01:09 PM
Database Developer

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiessar View Post

No issues with temps, if anything, it makes the CPU hotter lol. I would love to put a couple of small fans on the top side as an active exhaust which _will_ help heaps, but I have other plans going ahead for this case :3

Fan venting the top is actually a well-trod path with this case family. Do it, but make sure they are 80mm fans no more that 15mm thick. And judging by your case, you might only fit one effectively.

In other news, Microsoft sneezed today.

*Linux users countered, saying their sneezes were more secure and open source.
*Mac users said their sneezes are better, more magical, and "just work".
*Windows 7 users complained that Microsoft was forcing them to sneeze, too.
*Playstation owners deployed a list of games that include sneezing at 1080p.
*The EU sued them for trying to monopolize sneezes.
*Privacy advocates believe someone is tracking sneezes.
*Consumer advocates called it a $neeze and expect Microsoft to bill them per $neeze at some future date.
*The average human being had a normal day OBLIVIOUS to the anti-Microsoft knee jerking.
post #6109 of 7154 Old 06-14-2016, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgeofblade View Post

Fan venting the top is actually a well-trod path with this case family. Do it, but make sure they are 80mm fans no more that 15mm thick. And judging by your case, you might only fit one effectively.

I'm going a bit more extreme than that, mounting a Phobya NOVA1080 to the side :3
Just taking my time for Vega11.
I actually already have a couple of 60x60x15mm fans and a PWM splitter which splits off a GPU 4 pin (so the GPU controls the fans) but never went ahead.
post #6110 of 7154 Old 06-14-2016, 11:27 PM
PC Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellr4isEr View Post

For RVZ02, I cant choose between the Thermalright AXP-100 Muscle and Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev.B cooler. Anyone with more knowledge on this?

These are two I'm debating over myself. Does the recently positively reviewed Reeven RC-1001 Brontes fit in the RVZ02B? It's another one I'd consider if it fits. Also pairing with a 6700k here.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page