Liquid cool GPU SG05? - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 04-18-2014, 06:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello all.I really need to find a better GPU cooling solution.My old cooler will obviously not fit.I want to closed loop cool my GPU.I have been doing a lot of research.All suggestions/tips would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-19-2014, 05:32 AM
733mhz

Liked: 10
FWIW, I'm looking into getting this same case for a build. The CLC is the cooling method I'm thinking of using, too. I thought these three would be decent contenders.

Antec Kuhler 620
Corsair Seidon 120V
Corsair H60

Except, I really don't like using typical power supplies so I'm looking at modular and there's not much choice. So, looking at the Silverstone ST45SF-G and adding the flat modular cable kit, PP05-E, to enhance cooling (hopefully) - even though Silverstone should include these cables!

The H60 is pretty popular around here for a basic CLC for these SFF cases. You can also replace the included fan with something else, too.

post #3 of 6 Old 04-19-2014, 07:17 AM - Thread Starter

Cooling the CPU is the easy part(Gemini M4)The only viable GPU (water closed) is the ARCTIC Accelero Hybrid II-120.It has no 45 degree connection on the water block.This will allow standard 2 slot clearence.I purchased one today.I will have to leave the heatsink,black metal monstrosity thingy off though.I will post pics after modification.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 04-19-2014, 07:41 AM - Thread Starter

If you are talking closed loop CPU cooling,thats a breeze.Try finding a closed liquid(GPU) solution for the sg05.(width is the determining factor)The way the water pipes are connected to the heatsink.None of those coolers will work with this case.The hosing to gpu attachment elbow (45 degrees) is the main problem.This is the only
cooler that has a straight off of the block piping (ARCTIC Accelero Hybrid II-120)
post #5 of 6 Old 04-19-2014, 08:54 AM
733mhz

Liked: 10
Oh sorry, I misunderstood the question! Duh! The only other gpu cooler I thought of is the NZXT Kraken G10. That one sounds better, though.

post #6 of 6 Old 04-19-2014, 09:05 AM - Thread Starter

You're right noobee.You see how the connector to the block is parrel to the block,this will allow that clearence that is needed(ARCTIC Accelero Hybrid II-120)I am not sure if Arctic makes a good CLC,but I know their accellero cooler is next to none.I went from this to this.Pic related.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page