This is what I see when I first turn on my computer in the morning:
Instantaneous view of:
- How many new emails I have + previews of the latest
- How many new tech articles about my chosen favourite subjects (currently Google/Microsoft) have been published around the web + previews of the latest. (Appy Geek app with subjects pinned to start screen)
- Previews of the latest gaming news from around the web (Appy Gamer)
- Date and any scheduled events
- Weather for today and tomorrow
- Latest sports news
- Latest general news
Without having to click/type/touch a single thing.
Maybe all of that is useless to you, but it doesn't make it so universally useless that you should be going around telling people it is just because you don't like it or want to use it.
Just curious, what resolution are you running at?
*EDIT* Nevermind. Did the smart thing and checked the original image size
Those new small icons really let you pack a lot more stuff on the screen. I dig it. Can't wait for 8.1