Vista can cause major driver problems! - Page 2 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #11 of 41 Old 12-25-2006, 07:08 PM
4.0ghz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 53
someone should port/hack DX 10 into Win XP and/or Linux.

if windows wants to mess with its consumers, i say we dont upgrade.

XP for life!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 41 Old 12-25-2006, 07:19 PM - Thread Starter
3.5ghz

Liked: 9
I was actually thinking the same thing, but as far as I udnerstand, the unified shader programming would be tough bordering on impossible to get into Win XP. It may also be that that is a statement generated by Microsoft marketing...

post #13 of 41 Old 12-25-2006, 10:38 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 156
I've got some questions... Where is all of this performance-robbing software? When I was running Vista (went back to XP because my 8800 doesn't have drivers) the performance was on par with XP, which is good compared to the crappy drivers that have been put out so far. And what exactly do they consider premium content? When I watched regular DVD's the quality was exactly the same as in XP, and maybe even a bit smoother. So I'm guessing anything HD would be considered premium content. What about games? Do they recognize premium content as anything above a certain resolution? If so, Vista will fail miserably... I'll have to wait and see if all of this pans out to be as bad as it's made out to be. I'm glad I read that article, though, because now I know what to watch for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 41 Old 12-25-2006, 11:25 PM
333mhz

Liked: 3
I thought operating systems were for the user to operate the computer not for the OS to operate the user......

I dont see how its microsoft's buisness what media people run or what they do with it
Pegasus likes this.

post #15 of 41 Old 12-25-2006, 11:35 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pencilo View Post
I thought operating systems were for the user to operate the computer not for the OS to operate the user......

I dont see how its microsoft's buisness what media people run or what they do with it
It's not their business. This is why they're doing it:

Quote:
The only reason I can imagine why Microsoft would put its programmers, device vendors, third-party developers, and ultimately its customers, through this much pain is because once this copy protection is entrenched, Microsoft will completely own the distribution channel. In the same way that Apple has managed to acquire a monopolistic lock-in on their music distribution channel (an example being the Motorola ROKR fiasco, which was so crippled by Apple-imposed restrictions that it was dead the moment it appeared), so Microsoft will totally control the premium- content distribution channel. Not only will they be able to lock out any competitors, but because they will then represent the only available distribution channel they'll be able to dictate terms back to the content providers whose needs they are nominally serving in the same way that Apple has already dictated terms back to the music industry: Play by Apple's rules, or we won't carry your content. The result will be a technologically enforced monopoly that makes their current de-facto Windows monopoly seem like a velvet glove in comparison.
post #16 of 41 Old 12-26-2006, 12:29 AM

Liked: 115
hmm im using vista business retail and so far, uh its been far less complacent then xp has ever been. Also this is a little off topic, but the defrag in vista is like on par with diskeepers defrag, its freaking amazing.

"Overclock.net headphones club: Because perfect hair is overrated."

post #17 of 41 Old 12-26-2006, 12:54 AM
I AM NEHALEM

Liked: 343
This is extremism beyond extreme. M$, the MPAA and RIAA seem to forget that theres a Bill of Rights - well wait, they know its there, but they try to erode it with oppressive actions such as the Digital Millenium Act. Lets all just stick with XP and Linux and watch regular DVDs. Who needs hi-def when we've been watching stardard-def content for like, what, 50 years? Especially when you get stuck in "virtual prison" just so you can watch hi-def content.
post #18 of 41 Old 12-26-2006, 02:49 AM
Forum Manager

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1329
ME = Very pleased with Vista....I have no driver issues at all and have no problems with my Audio setups.

Welcome to Overclock
grouphug.gif Fold for the Cause, Fold for the People grouphug.gif

post #19 of 41 Old 12-26-2006, 06:01 AM

Liked: 115
the only problem in having with vista, isnt vista's fault. its nvidia's for not puting out 64 bit drivers, or any real drivers(that support sli).

"Overclock.net headphones club: Because perfect hair is overrated."

post #20 of 41 Old 12-26-2006, 06:09 AM
4.0ghz

Liked: 259
i'm sure as soon as the retail version is released we will all be much more happy with vista

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page