[WinBeta] NetMarketShare: Windows Phone market share increases, Windows 10 drops while Edge holds steady - Page 7 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 79 Old 10-03-2016, 07:34 AM
nVidia Enthusiast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by esp42089 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLAWNOOB View Post

Windows 10 comes with unnessesary bloatware like skype, the app store, and lots of other crap. The thing that really bothers me is the forced updates.

If I chose to leave my Windows not updated, why do you care if I get a virus?

If I chose to not lock my car, who are you to force me to lock it?

Soon I will be running a few un-updated SP1 Win7 machines with no anti-virus. #egdyasalways

I care because you become a host, infecting other computers.

I care because when your car is stolen, you call the police and use everyone's tax dollars to find it.

un-updated machines with no anti-virus. I hope you've got a serious firewall between you and the internet, otherwise you're just being #recklessandirresponsible.

Might I recommend a responsible course of action: Adopt a secure OS that does what you want, instead of leaving your unlocked car sitting in the driveway with the keys on the dash (literally and metaphorically, given your quoted examples).

On a more positive note. I'm excited that virtualization, via KVM in the linux kernel, is making large strides towards adequate 3D hardware acceleration. I would love to run Win7 inside a virtual machine for games and Solidworks. I could completely ditch my dual-boot.

I don't browse the web on those machines. Only way to get a virus is if someone hijacks the mining pool. Then there's more to worry about than getting a virus.

The not locking the car was an analogy that you took literally.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 79 Old 10-03-2016, 08:03 AM
Fan Man

Liked: 40
Trojan 10? M$py? What, are you guys back on the elementary school playground? X_X Good lord...

Meow?
post #63 of 79 Old 10-03-2016, 10:43 AM
Overclocker in Training

Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVLux View Post

Trojan 10? M$py? What, are you guys back on the elementary school playground? X_X Good lord...
You maybe on the playground, but we arent thats for sure. Even you cant deny the fact that the telemetry built into spy10 is just going too far... If you want to conveniently ignore it then goo ahead but dont look down on those who care about their data security rolleyes.gif .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 79 Old 10-03-2016, 10:50 AM
Fan Man

Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagdtigger View Post

You maybe on the playground, but we arent thats for sure. Even you cant deny the fact that the telemetry built into spy10 is just going too far... If you want to conveniently ignore it then goo ahead but dont look down on those who care about their data security rolleyes.gif .

Pretty sure most admins who care about "Data security" wouldn't be on this forum spouting off phrases like "Trojan 10", "M$py", and "Spy 10". rolleyes.gif 90% of the people on this forum don''t deal with such high quality, top secret, data anyhow.

Besides, it's not like they are calling the FBI about finding illegal pictures on your HDD.

Meow?
post #65 of 79 Old 10-03-2016, 10:58 AM
Overclocker in Training

Liked: 47
Quote:

Pretty sure most admins who care about "Data security" wouldn't be on this forum spouting off phrases like "Trojan 10", "M$py", and "Spy 10". rolleyes.gif 90% of the people on this forum don''t deal with such high quality, top secret, data anyhow.

Besides, it's not like they are calling the FBI about finding illegal pictures on your HDD.
So a normal person cant be interested in keeping his/her data safe? MS just caught too many times with some really shady stuff so i dont understand why some people still defending that junk and MS...
post #66 of 79 Old 10-03-2016, 12:21 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Liked: 12
Quote:

It may be unprofessional to employ labels such as these.

However, derision for windows 10, and by extension microsoft, is certainly warranted.

Discontent with microsoft and their OS 'service' is multi-faceted, and thus is neatly summarized by disrespectful terms that remind just how microsoft is performing a disservice.

post #67 of 79 Old 10-07-2016, 10:31 AM

Liked: 25
I have had more problems with 10 on my network than I can ever remember having with 7 or 8. Vista is one that stands out in my mind as being worse.

After anniversary I get computers that just freeze. It seems to be the ones with ssd's and hdd's Also my 1 webcam went poof but that is well known.

So yeah I think at least on the business side 10 stinks and the forced updates stink as well (also store, candy crush etc). At home I am pretty happy with it.

1 Billion Folding Points  BOINC Pentathlon Participant x2  Forum Folding War 2017 

post #68 of 79 Old 10-07-2016, 01:15 PM

Liked: 184
Same, non-stop issues with windows 10. I re-installed 7 a few months back and no more issues.

At this point I'd say Win 10 is nearly as bad as Win 8 (not 8.1) though I do admit that some of the more concerning issues like the desktop becoming 100% unresponsive have been fixed in newer patches.
post #69 of 79 Old 10-07-2016, 04:18 PM
Overclocker in Training

Liked: 46
I know I went back to Windows 7 after giving Windows 10 a fair shot.
Windows 10 just fell flat. Way too many issues, I mean it very seriously felt like a beta test of an OS - which I suppose isn't surprising seeing as Microsoft hasn't had a Q&A team for two years now? So everything goes straight from the developers -> public release. It shows horribly.

Honestly if W10 wasn't a buggy bloated mess, I probably would have still used it but it took so much effort just to get things to work correctly it's just not worth the effort. W7/Linux 'til death I suppose.
post #70 of 79 Old 10-07-2016, 08:59 PM

Liked: 204
We need Colin Kaepernick to take a kneel for us. Windows 7 users have rights too.

Chimp Challenge Participant 

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page