[Wired] Daniel_K got $146 in donations!!! - Page 6 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #51 of 76 Old 04-03-2008, 01:00 PM
Gunga Lagunga
 
dralb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Cloud 9
Posts: 6,989
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 681
So, just remember to tell your kids when they steal a piece of candy that it is OK because it isn't worth a lot by your standards.

dralb is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #52 of 76 Old 04-03-2008, 01:01 PM
Security Sleuth
 
R3ap3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,382
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonindeBeatrice View Post
[offtopic] I love the expression **** ton; I need to work it into my lexicon better.

Many of you are arguing based on ideals of right and wrong, so to dumb it down in a way that everyone is familiar with, it was wrong for creative to damage their own drivers (dumb really), it was wrong for Daniel_K to request donations for altering the IP of Creative (illegal), it was not wrong for creative to ask Daniel to stop. That's the whole argument people; if you cannot accept it then you're wrong.

That from the person with the professionalism initiative in the sig line

See also Silverwing's response.... kind of sums it up properly

R3ap3R is offline  
post #53 of 76 Old 04-03-2008, 01:03 PM
We'll go where eagles dare
 
IcedEarth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 9,772
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Send a message via Skype™ to IcedEarth
Quote:
Originally Posted by dralb View Post
So, just remember to tell your kids when they steal a piece of candy that it is OK because it isn't worth a lot by your standards.
Yep, and that $1000 PC his son just bought.

It's ok to steal it. His house brings in $50K+ a year

I don't get how people think it is ok just because it isn't regarded as seriously as other crimes.
dralb likes this.

I R Edwud!


MMA > All other sports


cheers.gif British Overclockers Club
cheers.gif
IcedEarth is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #54 of 76 Old 04-03-2008, 01:33 PM
4.0ghz
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 3,252
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Send a message via AIM to WhiteCrane Send a message via Yahoo to WhiteCrane Send a message via Skype™ to WhiteCrane
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE View Post
We dont need that at OCN. Creative discussion yes...arguing.. NO
Why are most forums to argument averse? It could be productive...

(all due respect) Disagreements are the natural order of things, are they not? Of course in a civil manner anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by str8maniac go_quote.gif
You wouldn't believe how many small computer stores won't carry AMD products because of their own personal opinions. I can't tell you how many times I have been told by a so called computer technician that AMD CPUs are crap and will burn your house down!
WhiteCrane is offline  
post #55 of 76 Old 04-03-2008, 01:38 PM
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Jacksonville, Fl
Posts: 4,743
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urufu_Shinjiro View Post
I think the biggest problem with this debate is that people think he got in trouble for taking donations, this is 100% not the case and in fact creative has said that it is OK for him to take donations. The problem was with the alchemy modding he did and nothing else. He was not taking donations for profit, he wanted to buy more creative products to make driver mods for those. He lives in brazil and a card that costs $80 here costs the equivolent of $400 over there so this is the only reason he asked for donations, all his driver downloads were for free. So for anyone to call him a theif or even assume he did anything wrong by accepting money is just plain incorrect. He was and still is allowed to take donations and creative said so.

Ok, I'm going to quote myself here, SINCE NO ONE SEEMS TO HAVE READ IT THE FIRST TIME! Why is everyone still talking about donations and stealing?! This has nothing to do with the donations and he didn't steal anything, creative did not give two @$% and a #$%* about the donations and said so, he is still allowed to take donations and creative said so!!!!!!! And to Viper_666 your an A-hole! He wanted to purchas ethese cards to write drivers for, he said himself he doesn't even use these things, it wasn't about getting new toys for himself, he just wanted the cards so he could fix thier drivers and then he wasn't even going to use those cards after that, he said so himself! So everyone lay off the damn donations and focus! Thats the ****ty thing about the internet, eveyone got into an uproar about this and rightly so, but not even half of those discussing the situation even know the facts or what they should be mad about FFS!
Kasaris likes this.

Piracy is not theft, stop the future before it happens! May Server protect us all!

Please listen to Tales From the Afternow!

Disclaimer: Listening to the above referenced audio may violate the terms of your listeners license and may result in termination. Remember, unregulated speech is pornography, sharing is theft.
Urufu_Shinjiro is offline  
post #56 of 76 Old 04-04-2008, 06:37 AM
Forum Manager
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: England,UK
Posts: 61,929
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1329
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCrane View Post
Why are most forums to argument averse? It could be productive...

(all due respect) Disagreements are the natural order of things, are they not? Of course in a civil manner anyway.
There is a diference between creative discussion using conflicting opinions and all out arguing.

Arguing can be done productively but in most cases ends in flaming .

Welcome to Overclock
grouphug.gif Fold for the Cause, Fold for the People grouphug.gif
 
 
 
ENTERPRISE is online now  
post #57 of 76 Old 04-04-2008, 06:55 AM
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,797
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 142
If it is breaking the EULA it's breaking the agreement you made with Creative.

So would it be okay if everyone breaks Microsoft's EULA?
Would like to loss alot of money?

Wait would it be okay to break all software EULA?
Would it be okay to break's the forums EULA?

Wait, I believe it is as everyone is saying it is okay.

So everyone it is saying that I can make donate to me if I just Break EULA of Micrsoft and modify Vista and sell it for free? And also Games? Wait I also can do this for hardware too as that has a EULA?
wolf_08 is offline  
post #58 of 76 Old 04-04-2008, 07:36 AM
4.0ghz
 
hout17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,182
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 260
Send a message via AIM to hout17 Send a message via MSN to hout17 Send a message via Yahoo to hout17
In my opinion this was not at all ripping off creative or making them lose money. If anything it was making them more money. Since when is asking for donations stealing? It's not like he said I won't do these driver mods unless you each pay me so much money.
hout17 is offline  
post #59 of 76 Old 04-04-2008, 07:40 AM
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,797
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 142
I am saying that it is okay to break EULA on everything?

As everyone saying okay to break this EULA? So I could sell it for free all the CPU's of Intel. Also to sell all your paid games. As nobody cares about a EULA.
wolf_08 is offline  
post #60 of 76 Old 04-04-2008, 08:27 AM
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Jacksonville, Fl
Posts: 4,743
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf_08 View Post
I am saying that it is okay to break EULA on everything?

As everyone saying okay to break this EULA? So I could sell it for free all the CPU's of Intel. Also to sell all your paid games. As nobody cares about a EULA.
Well creative said it was ok to do what he was doing except for the alchemy stuff, creative said it was ok for 3rd parties to do drivers and said it was ok for Daniel_K to take donations, if this was against thier EULA then they gave permission to break it in this case providing he doesn't mess with "the forbidden" stuff.

Piracy is not theft, stop the future before it happens! May Server protect us all!

Please listen to Tales From the Afternow!

Disclaimer: Listening to the above referenced audio may violate the terms of your listeners license and may result in termination. Remember, unregulated speech is pornography, sharing is theft.
Urufu_Shinjiro is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off