post #21 of 25 Old 04-08-2008, 01:15 PM
4.0ghz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegend View Post
Haha, I've seen those commercials all the time, but I never heard anything about that guy getting his identity stolen. Not that having your identity stolen is something to laugh about, but backing your identity with posting your SSN in an ad is almost stupid.

Do you have a link possibly?
http://weblog.infoworld.com/robertxc...umber_and.html

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 Old 04-08-2008, 02:16 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 443
LOL yeah there's no substitute for just being careful. Don't give out your SSN or other personal information unless required. In fact, you only need to give your SSN for tax purposes, so if anyone else asks for it, don't give it to them. This includes doctors and credit companies (though getting credit without it is significantly more difficult).

And make use of the annual credit report to keep an eye on things. You're guaranteed to get one for free by law.

2 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #23 of 25 Old 04-08-2008, 02:18 PM
Multi-Quote King

Liked: 845
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_dogg View Post
LOL yeah there's no substitute for just being careful. Don't give out your SSN or other personal information unless required.
Well then you have to define "required," because in this case, the fake m$ "required" that he enter his SSN

"I just talk the way I see things... If that's offensive to you... I'm sorry; you're a loser." - Michael Savage

"But you would be amazed by how many people think that the only reason to have a computer is to play games, and that playing games is all that anyone with a computer does." - dangerousHobo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 25 Old 04-08-2008, 02:41 PM
SR-2 can do 5 GiggleHertz

Liked: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecchi-BANZAII!!! View Post
LOL

If it actually would come from Microsoft you would know it when you see it^^
yes the automated service would crash, give you a boolean spool dump then proceed to reboot.

CISSP, ITIL v3 Foundations, Security+, Linux+, Cloud+, Server+, Project+, Network+, A+, LPIC-1
Working on: CCENT

Chimp Challenge Championship Team  10 Million+ Folding at Home points  Chimp Challenge 3 x Participant  Migration_Sherpa  Overclock.net 10 Year Member 

post #25 of 25 Old 04-08-2008, 03:23 PM
say what?

Liked: 899
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_dogg View Post
LOL yeah there's no substitute for just being careful. Don't give out your SSN or other personal information unless required. In fact, you only need to give your SSN for tax purposes, so if anyone else asks for it, don't give it to them. This includes doctors and credit companies (though getting credit without it is significantly more difficult).

And make use of the annual credit report to keep an eye on things. You're guaranteed to get one for free by law.
3 free actually you get one from each agency

can some one give me a legitimate subscriber id number they've been emailed with? i want to mess around with them and add lots of bogus entries D:

cool.gifI'm from Long Island, I'm a member of the New Yorker Club cool.gif

Canon 5DII w/ Grip | EF 17-40 f/4L | EF 24-105 f/4L | EF 70-200 f/2.8L | Speedlite 430EX II | AlienBee B800 + Vagabond Mini

OC's: i7 920 3845B260 @ 4713 (air) | i7 920 3943A529 @ 4760 (H50)
Fun Stuff: -=R34P3ReX's OCN Wallpaper Thread=-

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page