Forum Jump: 

post #11 of 27 Old 04-18-2008, 03:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeag View Post
If DX10.1 could actually improve performance, now I could be slightly interested in upgrading to Vista and a 10.1 card at the end of the year...

Anyone figured why the game starts hiccuping like crazy in the Kingdom area?

Source: http://www.rage3d.com/articles/assas.../index.php?p=3

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 27 Old 04-18-2008, 03:42 PM
Ahoy there!

Liked: 323
The menu system/layout is a total female dog with navigation.

Internet badass:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kauke go_quote.gif

To everyone who is going to pirate this game, and get banned, i'll make sure i find out what your new account is and report you to mods. And if you move forum, guess what? i'll find out what forum you've moved to, I'll build my reputation there, and report you for life there as well.
post #13 of 27 Old 04-18-2008, 04:26 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickS View Post
The graphics are good, the game play and storyline are pretty poor though.
What are you talking about? Easily one of the best games of 2007, it was 2nd behind Bioshock for me. Story was very intriguing and the gameplay was fun, if not a bit repetitive. Though all games are repetitive so i don't mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Licht go_quote.gif
My 30 dollars hates your post.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 27 Old 04-18-2008, 04:30 PM
51° 31' 0 N 0° -6' 0 E

Liked: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldovi View Post
Is this game out? Is it good? I need to catch up on new game releases. Hopefully there is a demo.
http://www.overclock.net/pc-games/31...eed-video.html
abcoverclocker likes this.

The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.--Augustine (354-430)

post #15 of 27 Old 04-19-2008, 03:26 AM
Iconoclast

Liked: 3129
Looks like ATI finally has a noteable advantage somewhere. However, if only one game (that doesn't really appeal to me) can take advantage of it, and only on Vista, it's not very compelling.

Still, I'll make sure my next card supports DX 10.1 or higher (unless OGL somehow takes over).

...rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual. -- Thomas Jefferson
post #16 of 27 Old 04-19-2008, 04:06 AM
PC Gamer

Liked: 295
One of the best games i've ever played. Full Stop.

"Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. This is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe."
post #17 of 27 Old 04-19-2008, 04:27 AM
3.5ghz

Liked: 41
no AC is not that good ... i completed on PS3, you get about half way through and it just turns super repetative ... anyway this is not relevant for the thread ...

post #18 of 27 Old 04-19-2008, 06:58 AM
4.0ghz

Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by FZ0 View Post
It starts out a bit slow, but the storyline and theatrical elements are very well done as you get further into the game and see how it all connects, there's a huge twist in the story which I didn't see coming at all.
story line is garbage and predictable, they made three wonderful maps, huge and extremely detailed, and thats how they put them to use? sorry but that game failed, and lost a lot of my respect for ubisoft
post #19 of 27 Old 04-19-2008, 09:00 AM

Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldboy View Post
What are you talking about? Easily one of the best games of 2007, it was 2nd behind Bioshock for me. Story was very intriguing and the gameplay was fun, if not a bit repetitive. Though all games are repetitive so i don't mind.
What can be more fun then throwing guard after guard off a 40+ foot cliff to their death then as soon as the last one realizes he's screwed, you just hop on over and stab him in the face.

Entertainment at it's best.

(P.S. This isn't sarcasm...it really is a lot of fun.)

"Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you."
~ Oscar Wilde ~

The Golden Rule: "It was like that when I bought it.."

exclamation.gifOCN Forza 3 Clubexclamation.gif

"[An00b'arak]: >8< spider pride"
post #20 of 27 Old 04-19-2008, 09:14 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Liked: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blameless View Post
Looks like ATI finally has a noteable advantage somewhere. However, if only one game (that doesn't really appeal to me) can take advantage of it, and only on Vista, it's not very compelling.

Still, I'll make sure my next card supports DX 10.1 or higher (unless OGL somehow takes over).
My 2900XT likes this game, and I'm running it in DX9 in XP x86. The story(do some research on the ending) pretty much right in line with with the Freedom Movement. And it also looks like some of the more annoying problems with the game might have been ironed out, such as teleporting back to the mountain(remember Yahtzee ranting about that one?) and then back to whatever city you need to do your work in once you've already gone there once. Ubi AGAIN did not include a quicksave, back the autosave is good enough that I found myself not caring.

I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway.

If it's not coming out for the PC, it's dead to me.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page