Why Windows Vista Won't Suck - Page 3 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #21 of 34 Old 03-01-2006, 08:26 AM
Angry Linux Gamer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 632
Vista will be a good OS just like XP. Sure, you may need new hardware to run it with all of its features, but isn't that always the case with new software? I personally will not be getting Vista as soon as it comes out but will wait about a year or so so they can fix some of the bugs first (which it will have, like any other new OS). All the people bashing Vista are just fearfull of change (I personally hate change too) and annoyed that their current hardware won't fully support the new OS. Chances are Vista will offer no advantages to some users, but as time goes on you will eventually have to make the change. That is how the computer world works.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 34 Old 03-01-2006, 08:40 AM
Audiophile

Liked: 316
I was really happy when I heard that DX10 was not going to be backwards compatible and also that it required all graphics cards and sound cards and etc. to FULLY support it (no more "well my x800xl is faster than a 6800 but it doesnt run SM3 " ) I think its about damn time Windows stopped trying to cater to outdated computers, if your computer is not fully 64 bit, Direct X 10 compatible and everything else Vista requires, then don't upgrade, keep XP or whatever and when you have a computer that can fully harness Vista THEN you can upgrade. Another nice thing to see is MS realizing that you do not need 64 bit so they made 2 32 bit editions of Vista as well. Personally, I should be getting my 2GB of DDR2 667 and my Pentium D 930 Presler any day now so all I will need for Vista will be a DX10 GPU which I plan on getting just as soon as G80 begins shipping and yes, if all goes according to my plans I should be one of the first with Windows Vista, Im really looking forward to it!

post #23 of 34 Old 03-01-2006, 08:43 AM
New to Overclock.net

Liked: 127
Wow, apparantly images really don't give you a good idea of Aero. This video should convince you:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...715875&q=vista

1 Million+ Folding at Home points 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 34 Old 03-03-2006, 06:56 AM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bartender Paradox
HDCP is in Vista
Whats funny about HDCP is that no graphics cards curently avalable can support it. That includes that 7800x one just bought. With out HDCP support HD-DVDs run at 25% resolution of the original.
It's funny, how this will end up promoting pirating.

There will be a torrent link to the file that "unlocks" HDCP no doubt. I wouldn't be too worried.

I'm not a DV expert but it might be safe to liken it to the program DVD/Region free which disables the region and copyright codings on DVD's.

"wind tunnel cat is watching you reduce drag"

post #25 of 34 Old 03-03-2006, 07:09 AM
4.0ghz

Liked: 190
I have had no real problems with XP thus far, and the only reason i have bashed vista is becasue of the HD-DVD support issues. It may well turn out to be good, but i don't want them telling me that i can;t watch MY things becasue i don;t want to buy THEIR stuff.

Check out how to mod your BT or see if your Sapphire X800GTO² can be unlocked. in my FAQs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raxus go_quote.gif
also, i am using a Coolermaster 690 with stock fans, which i hear blow goats. Dunno though.
3DMark06: 14637 proof.gif
post #26 of 34 Old 03-03-2006, 07:11 AM
4.0ghz

Liked: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearbox
Wow, apparantly images really don't give you a good idea of Aero. This video should convince you:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...715875&q=vista
Whoever made that porated memoirs of a geisha it looks like.....or some freaky japanses pr0n.

Check out how to mod your BT or see if your Sapphire X800GTO² can be unlocked. in my FAQs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raxus go_quote.gif
also, i am using a Coolermaster 690 with stock fans, which i hear blow goats. Dunno though.
3DMark06: 14637 proof.gif
post #27 of 34 Old 03-03-2006, 07:16 AM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwaterH4ck3r
I have had no real problems with XP thus far, and the only reason i have bashed vista is becasue of the HD-DVD support issues. It may well turn out to be good, but i don't want them telling me that i can;t watch MY things becasue i don;t want to buy THEIR stuff.
I read an article a few weeks ago about how congress members are finally starting to realize some of the bad things about the increasingly strict DRM. Basically it came down to them not being able to play certain music/movies on their brand new ipods.

Awesome. Old white dude finally gets an ipod and realizes the legislation he's been supporting is going to affect even him. I think we have the iPod to thank for more than we know.

"wind tunnel cat is watching you reduce drag"

post #28 of 34 Old 03-03-2006, 07:38 AM
4.0 GHz

Liked: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 3 @ 7 l 3 13 0 y
there will be a non-HDCP version that will work just as well.
seriously, THINK. MS is NOT trying to screw us, they want what we want, you'll see once it comes out, until then, have faith in MS
Yes, your right they do want what we want...money$$$$. Yeah but i think that Vista may actually be alright. BTW do you guys think vista will run well on a 64bit 3200+, with a gig of ram?

post #29 of 34 Old 03-03-2006, 08:06 AM
4.9ghz

Liked: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerand
Yes, your right they do want what we want...money$$$$. Yeah but i think that Vista may actually be alright. BTW do you guys think vista will run well on a 64bit 3200+, with a gig of ram?
It should run ok, but adding a second gig would help from what I have read. I also agree with the people who say that Vista will NOT suck. XP is a great OS, just so long as you’re not a moron. I do tech work, and I see a lot of people who have Windows XP and think it sucks because they don’t know to use anti-spyware and anti-virus programs. It is not in Microsofts best interest to screw people just for the hell of it. I also think its great that Microsoft not making Vista as backward-compatible. That way it will not be bogged down with support for software the no one uses and can take full advantage of the best technology available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulTa go_quote.gif
I'm like Obi wan. I just pop in and out, offer vague comments and advice, and then tell you to use the force.
post #30 of 34 Old 03-03-2006, 08:25 AM
733mhz

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoaDMTGguy
-snip -That way it will not be bogged down with support for software the no one uses and can take full advantage of the best technology available.
To make leaps in technology you can't be joined at the hip with antiquated tech. (read: backward compatibility)

This will be the 'next step' IMO and will be a good thing once the growing pains have subsided.

XP isn't going anywhere anytime in the forseeable future and will serve to bridge the gaps.

" read, read, read, do biggrin.gif read, read, read, do biggrin.gif " The Very Wise Overclocker
Operation Shark Tooth CPU-Z Verification
Fold for Team 37726 !!!

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page