post #1 of 3 Old 09-15-2006, 10:13 PM - Thread Starter
1.7ghz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
http://www.soundblaster.com/products...uct=9103&nav=1

http://us.creative.com/products/prod...?product=10702

I am curious about these. I am stuck with onboard 5.1 due to the fact that my three open pci slots are blocked by my SLI setup.

What might the improvement be from the onboard sound of my A8N32SLI Deluxe to one of the above products with my Logitech Z640 5.1 speakers?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-15-2006, 11:59 PM
audio aficionado

Liked: 593
well it will have it's own sound processor so it will take the load of your cpu so you'll get better sound and better performance.

If you didn't have a 5.1 system I'd tell you to just get a USB DAC and an amp...

Current Sound: ODAC > SA Reference IC > Musical Paradise MP-301 6v6 tube amp> Tekton Designs 4.1 loudspeakers

post #3 of 3 Old 09-16-2006, 01:12 PM - Thread Starter
1.7ghz

Liked: 16
This is a bummer!

Quote:
The way the Audigy 2 NX operates is very different, however, from that of the internal sound cards manufactured by Creative. That is because, while it does indeed use EAX HD, this is basically through an emulation performed by the central processor and not through the on-board circuit on the card. This has obvious repercussions on the processor's workload. Thus, the amount of processor occupied, which is in the order of 14% in the DirectSound 3D hardware, increases to 18% with the EAX. In the standard Creative cards, the rate of processor load decreases with the activation of the EAX, which takes over certain functions through hardware processing. The behavior is thus reversed.

Overall, the Audigy 2 NX cannot be said to be the ideal sound card for the gamer, because the processor load rate is, in all cases, much greater than what can be obtained with a good internal sound card, and in particular, with a Creative Audigy 2 internal card.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page