post #11411 of 38807 Old 04-18-2012, 11:13 AM
Audiophile

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC'ing Noob View Post

If you are getting the O2 now, I would not get an E7 at all. I would simply save up for the ODAC which should had better compatibility with the O2 amp. Also an L7 is a LOD adapter that disables the amp portion of the E7 and allows you to use it with a 3rd party amp such as an O2 using a 3.5 mm line. In addition to the L7 you will also need a male to male 3.5 mm cable or 3.5 mm male to 1/4" mm male depending on the amp used.

the E7 comes with one, and I don't think the ODAC will make any major improvements over the E7, it does very well according to NWAVguy's measurements

FLAC>FOOBAR2000/ROCKBOX>Fiio E7>FiioL7 LOD/UDAC2>O2>HD650/HD428
sniper.gifaaskull.gif<The Official Cooler Master Storm Sniper Club>aaskull.gifsniper.gif

Hidden Text Below! (Click for funny)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epitope go_quote.gif
I love how the concept of using powerful computers for actual work really throws some people for a loop...

----
"Yeah, I agree with that. Some guy at my college has a pair of black and red Beats Solo and he only uses his Beats headphones when he is wearing his red hoodie and black jeans. When he isn't wearing his hoodie and jeans he uses a cheap pair of Sony headphones."

"surely it'd be cheaper to buy a red hat ? also the sound quality would be better as well"

Chimp Challenge Participant 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11412 of 38807 Old 04-18-2012, 11:46 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 848
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdrdrdrd View Post

the E7 comes with one, and I don't think the ODAC will make any major improvements over the E7, it does very well according to NWAVguy's measurements

I would assume that a dac developed with the same aims as the amp would create better synergy. There just isn't much sense if he's going to wait on buying the DAC. If he was getting the E7 first, then yet, it would make sense to simply get an O2 later, but if he gets on O2 first, there is very little sense in getting an E7 over ODAC later.

Overclock.net Mod of the Month 0109  Overclock.net 10 Year Member 

post #11413 of 38807 Old 04-18-2012, 03:15 PM
PC Gamer

Liked: 26
I think I'll just get an e17 and not have to worry about getting an amp then a dac. The guys at head-fi said an e17 will be fine for the DT990s. Sure it might not have as good of a price to performance ratio as the O2 does, but I think it's simpler to just get an amp/dac.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11414 of 38807 Old 04-18-2012, 06:24 PM
AKA Stubborn Greek

Liked: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjgrenke View Post

I think it's simpler to just get an amp/dac.

Which the O2 can become once the ODAC is released (hopefully next month). wink.gif

[Project] Goliath
Entertainment Center/Server/HTPC

"The reward of a thing well done is to have it done" -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Life is what happens while you're making plans for something else." -John Lennon

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." -Ralph Waldo Emerson
post #11415 of 38807 Old 04-18-2012, 06:42 PM
Audiophile

Quote:

I think I'll just get an e17 and not have to worry about getting an amp then a dac. The guys at head-fi said an e17 will be fine for the DT990s. Sure it might not have as good of a price to performance ratio as the O2 does, but I think it's simpler to just get an amp/dac.

not enough power, if it's anything like the E7 the difference is clearly audible

about the ODAC and saynergy: the O2 and Odac are designed to be as transparent as possible, many amps are not, but the majority of DACs are in fact designed to be transparent

sniper.gifaaskull.gif<The Official Cooler Master Storm Sniper Club>aaskull.gifsniper.gif

Quote:
I love how the concept of using powerful computers for actual work really throws some people for a loop...

----
"Yeah, I agree with that. Some guy at my college has a pair of black and red Beats Solo and he only uses his Beats headphones when he is wearing his red hoodie and black jeans. When he isn't wearing his hoodie and jeans he uses a cheap pair of Sony headphones."

"surely it'd be cheaper to buy a red hat ? also the sound quality would be better as well"

post #11416 of 38807 Old 04-18-2012, 07:14 PM
PC Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr8rjohnk View Post

Which the O2 can become once the ODAC is released (hopefully next month). wink.gif

But it's also $100+ more wink.gif
Quote:

not enough power

Whaaa some guy had an e11 with his DT990s and said it was great.

If I get an o2 without the DAC (for now) will it be better than the e17 which has a dac built in?
post #11417 of 38807 Old 04-18-2012, 07:21 PM
Audiophile

Quote:

Whaaa some guy had an e11 with his DT990s and said it was great.
If I get an o2 without the DAC (for now) will it be better than the e17 which has a dac built in?
Id say yes, don't beleive everything you hear on headfi, I ran my HD 650s off the E7 for a while and they sounded good, but then I got my O2 and I understand what people meant by the senheiser veil.

Quote:

----

post #11418 of 38807 Old 04-18-2012, 07:24 PM
PC Gamer

Quote:

Id say yes, don't beleive everything you hear on headfi, I ran my HD 650s off the E7 for a while and they sounded good, but then I got my O2 and I understand what people meant by the senheiser veil.

That makes sense hahaha. Just saw some comparisons between the O2 and some other amps and it comes close to a $600 amp ph34r-smiley.gif Seems obvious to get that, but will the Objective DAC be worth it to get? Will it make that much of a difference? Or is it worth it to just get a cheaper sound card (~$60)
post #11419 of 38807 Old 04-18-2012, 07:56 PM
Audiophile

ODAC JUST RELEASED

Quote:

That makes sense hahaha. Just saw some comparisons between the O2 and some other amps and it comes close to a $600 amp ph34r-smiley.gif Seems obvious to get that, but will the Objective DAC be worth it to get? Will it make that much of a difference? Or is it worth it to just get a cheaper sound card (~$60)

So with this new release Id get the O2 now and the ODAC when JDS labs starts releasing them, id keep them separate because you want portability and this takes out the batteries from the O2
tr8rjohnk likes this.

Quote:

----

post #11420 of 38807 Old 04-18-2012, 08:10 PM
PC Gamer

Quote:

ODAC JUST RELEASED

So with this new release Id get the O2 now and the ODAC when JDS labs starts releasing them, id keep them separate because you want portability and this takes out the batteries from the O2

SPEAKING OF THE DEVIL. That's actually crazy. O2 amp it is. Thanks for the help to all of you thumb.gif

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page