post #191 of 38807 Old 10-17-2007, 11:24 AM
I hear things...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by soloz2 View Post
no experience with oscon here, I've never heard of them. I'm not sure what Panasonic FM series is in Japanese.
okie dokie, thx Soloz2.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #192 of 38807 Old 10-17-2007, 07:03 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 59
Turtle Beach Ear Force HPA 5.1 channel surround headphones with amplifier:

http://peripherals.about.com/od/comp...arforcehpa.htm
post #193 of 38807 Old 10-17-2007, 07:12 PM
Intel Overclocker

Liked: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ.BigBear View Post
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!
USLATINNNNN!!!!!!

where have you been!!! LOL

if only i live in US, i might take X-Fi modding order
been modding dozens of X-FIs now, but blackgate caps is hard to find now.

hey soloz2, which caps brand should i use to replace the Blackgate?
hahahahah!!! sup DJ! I see you are still stuck in the Audio section! HAHAHAH!!!!
Too bad you aren't here or I'd be sending the X-Fi modders to you.... a few so for but hey bit-ness is bit-ness...

Soloz2! Hahahah you bastard! I see some vacume tubes there! I wonder how that thing sounds!
What loud-speakers?

I bet they will make me feel crappy about my upcoming Event TR-5's.... they are all I can afford...

"There is no point in having sharp images when you have fuzzy ideas."
Jean-Luc Godard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #194 of 38807 Old 10-17-2007, 07:23 PM
2.4ghz

Liked: 28
I use headphones mostly because my comp is loud as dick...... the only time i unplug my headphones is when i want to play music on my 5.1...... theres nothing like music on loud, loud speakers..... i hate listening to music on headphones, but they rape for gaming because yo have clear, definitive, left/right channels.

Sony MDR-CD180s....... Old, but good, comfortable and reliable
http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/...VL._AA280_.jpg
post #195 of 38807 Old 10-17-2007, 07:42 PM
Intel Overclocker

5.1 is the one raping headphones for gaming dude... how else would you knpw where the guy is coming from other than left right and only adding distance to that... with 5.1 you have the distance (volume) and a definitive direction...

the reason Headphones rock is because you will always have a TON more dynamic range that will be audible when you have the speakers practically inside your ear (or really inside your ear)

however that is often an exaggeration of how the sound/song was designed, however it is cool as crap to be able to hear stuff as if you had bionic ears!

Jean-Luc Godard
post #196 of 38807 Old 10-17-2007, 07:44 PM

Liked: 138
Ill be a member! I have me a pair of HD435's

Mediocre sound setup tongue.gif:
Chaintech AV710 (Wolfson DAC) --> Sony Reciever/Amp --> HD555 or Altec Lansing 2.1
iPod 5.5 --> JVC Marshmallows/HD435/HD215
post #197 of 38807 Old 10-17-2007, 07:48 PM
2.4ghz

Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by USlatin View Post
5.1 is the one raping headphones for gaming dude... how else would you knpw where the guy is coming from other than left right and only adding distance to that... with 5.1 you have the distance (volume) and a definitive direction...

the reason Headphones rock is because you will always have a TON more dynamic range that will be audible when you have the speakers practically inside your ear (or really inside your ear)

however that is often an exaggeration of how the sound/song was designed, however it is cool as crap to be able to hear stuff as if you had bionic ears!
MEH!

my headphones are actually surprisingly good at locating the bad guys, or maybe my uber brain is just really good at deciphering the audio lmao, but i play alot better with my headphones on, and I like the feeling of being right next to the band as they play, and as for the level of detail... I think you underestimate my 5.1.... Klipsch owns my life
post #198 of 38807 Old 10-17-2007, 07:49 PM
Heaven's Full and Hell Won't Have Me

Liked: 321
Australia, represent

Audio Technica ATH-A700

Wait, we can't stop here. This is bat country...

Still Wanna Visit Australia?
Quote:
"If there's anything worth doing, it's worth doing right." -
Hunter S. Thompson
post #199 of 38807 Old 10-17-2007, 08:00 PM
Intel Overclocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilthySanchez08 View Post
MEH!

my headphones are actually surprisingly good at locating the bad guys, or maybe my uber brain is just really good at deciphering the audio lmao, but i play alot better with my headphones on, and I like the feeling of being right next to the band as they play, and as for the level of detail... I think you underestimate my 5.1.... Klipsch owns my life
I never said that loud speakers were crappy... did I? And I own a set of 5.1 Promedias myself bro, hahaha
now if you are using the 24-bit crystallizer then you are doing just that... increasing the dynamic range to "un-do" the compression that is often applied to music and other broadcasted stuff so as to allow any and all systems to be able to reproduce it.

Of course if you have one of those new uber-brains it won't matter whether you are using $2 headphones or a set of car speakers straight out of a model T... your sound will be up-sampled to 128-bit 320MHz and the spatial positioning will be calculated from the existing data to not only provide you with the exact angle distance and altitude of your incoming targets but possibly with their heart rate and how shallow or deep their breathing is which will in turn be interpreted to calculate an exact representation of the guys confidence level.... that is very useful as confidence changes with their changes in direction which can then be interpreted to calculate their likely approach route based on which inspires most confidence on them... then you can set up a few RDX explosives and APM mines on the next likely routes and camp waiting for the n00b to Walk into your trap!!! then again with that level of information you might as well sneak up behind him since he doesn't have an uber brain, so you can walk up to him and snag his dog-tags before you knife the n00bster...

HAHAHAH

Jean-Luc Godard
post #200 of 38807 Old 10-17-2007, 08:05 PM
1.7ghz

Liked: 8
Representing Turtle Beach Ak-R8 5.1 Headset

I like cake

Quick Reply