[Official] OCN Headphones and Earphones Club - Page 517 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #5161 of 38807 Old 11-15-2008, 03:23 AM
1.7ghz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Well I guess I am off the list. Denons sold finally.

OCN CAMERA CLUB
CM 690 Club
OCN Headphones Club
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5162 of 38807 Old 11-15-2008, 09:45 AM

Liked: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azazel View Post
Yes asio works in spdif out. Right now I have my amp+K701's on the analog output burning in and I have the digital out hooked to a stereo receiver with my ad700's just to listen to the music at a reasonable level. Those K701's are getting punished in a drawer for the first 300 hours lol.

Anyways for mine to work I just opened up "sounds and devices" in control panel, then click advanced in device volume, then click advanced again and check the digital i/o box. Mine is running through a mono 1/8 to rca and digital coax atm and working fine. I'm using the foobar asio.

Btw Aura if you are ever down near St Louis send me a message. You can stop by and try the shanling ph100 out. It made my 7 year old sony mdr-cd780 sound pretty close to the ad700's .

Edit: @ Gollie make sure your dac can handle whatever signal the soundblaster/foobar is throwing at it. Mines set to 96khz atm. You might have yours set high with the resampler and maybe the dac can only take 44.1khz or something.
Thanks for your help but the Auzen Prelude has a little different options from the Creative brand cards. Maybe Joel, Soloz or Aura can give me a hand with this one?

I stayed up way late trying to figure this one out. Bit-perfect sounds very good, but I don't want to miss out on anything naw-mein!

10 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #5163 of 38807 Old 11-15-2008, 11:10 AM
SR-2 can do 5 GiggleHertz

Liked: 315
bit-matched is about the best for audio phile quality listening, the other features are just mathematicl algorithms used to try and make things sound better, but I'm sure you have a personal horde of lossless audio, so just keep it on bit-matched playback, in audio creation mode.

CISSP, ITIL v3 Foundations, Security+, Linux+, Cloud+, Server+, Project+, Network+, A+, LPIC-1
Working on: CCENT

Chimp Challenge Championship Team  10 Million+ Folding at Home points  Chimp Challenge 3 x Participant  Migration_Sherpa  Overclock.net 10 Year Member 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5164 of 38807 Old 11-15-2008, 11:55 AM
Audio is Kewl

Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azazel View Post
Btw Aura if you are ever down near St Louis send me a message. You can stop by and try the shanling ph100 out. It made my 7 year old sony mdr-cd780 sound pretty close to the ad700's .
Hey Azazel, sorry about my lack of communication regarding the Shanling and the DAC, I meant to get back to you a while ago.

The guy who was supposed to bring the Shanling to the meet actually loaned it out about a week beforehand, so I never got a chance to listen to it. From what hear, Shanling is underrated and makes solid components.

There is a tiny bit of discussion of a possible mini-meet is southern IL/Iowa, that might work well for you if you'd like to get to a meet. Usually my father and I end up in St. Louis for Cardinals vs. Cubs, I'll let you know if we decide to go there this spring/summer.

Hope you're enjoying the current rig .

Angels on the sideline / Puzzled and amused / Why did Father give these humans free will? / Now they're all confused

post #5165 of 38807 Old 11-15-2008, 02:19 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 116
My dac just came in! I had a stroke of good luck also. I ended up with a Citypulse DAC DA7.2x II with tcxo for the price of the zhaolu. It sounds really good to me. I have the ad700's hooked to the built-in amp and the K701+shanling on the fixed out and inside the drawer still. I read the bass opens up through the dac itself after 100 hours so I'll listen to the k701's again in 4 days. Then they go back in solitary till Thanksgiving lol.
post #5166 of 38807 Old 11-15-2008, 02:25 PM
Sup'

Liked: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gollie View Post
Thanks for your help but the Auzen Prelude has a little different options from the Creative brand cards. Maybe Joel, Soloz or Aura can give me a hand with this one?

I stayed up way late trying to figure this one out. Bit-perfect sounds very good, but I don't want to miss out on anything naw-mein!
I have the Prelude and use digital out, ASIO does not work when using digital out if you use the native Auzentech ASIO. It works great with ASIO4ALL though, which is pretty much the same as the native ASIO. Just install ASIO4ALL and depending on which media player you use, you have to tell it which channels to output to,with J River products, you set the channel offset to 8, foobar, you select the digital output from within the ASIO settings.

EDIT: I've also sent a help request a few months back and the developers also said that there is no way to get the digital to work with the native ASIO.

post #5167 of 38807 Old 11-15-2008, 02:31 PM
audio aficionado

Liked: 593
could I interest anyone in a mint condition pair of ATH-A700 if I do an ebay BIN auction for $118? final cost would be less than $90

Current Sound: ODAC > SA Reference IC > Musical Paradise MP-301 6v6 tube amp> Tekton Designs 4.1 loudspeakers

post #5168 of 38807 Old 11-15-2008, 02:50 PM
New to Overclock.net

Liked: 241
Shipping to UK on said ATH's would be?

And, how do they compare to HD555's ?

feels good man.

post #5169 of 38807 Old 11-15-2008, 03:25 PM
SR-2 can do 5 GiggleHertz

Liked: 315
a700s are a bit heavier on the bass as compared to the HD555s I would figure... also closed back in comparison to open backed...

CISSP, ITIL v3 Foundations, Security+, Linux+, Cloud+, Server+, Project+, Network+, A+, LPIC-1
Working on: CCENT

Chimp Challenge Championship Team  10 Million+ Folding at Home points  Chimp Challenge 3 x Participant  Migration_Sherpa  Overclock.net 10 Year Member 

post #5170 of 38807 Old 11-15-2008, 03:29 PM
New to Overclock.net

Liked: 241
Just what i'm looking for i think.

hmm.

feels good man.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page