Big Bang Theorists - Page 788 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #7871 of 10778 Old 06-04-2015, 06:57 AM
FOLDING! FOLD FOLD FOLD!
 
dman811's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Folding@Home Section - Man Cave - North Carolina
Posts: 11,444
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 120

Yowza, that's one thing I don't look forward to with kids.


Still In Beta Folding Team Captain
post-flame-small.gifProudly Folding For Still In Betapost-flame-small.gifHFM Live Stats

Steam: ctxdemon | Origin: DerickM
Signature Worthy Quotes (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NameUnknown go_quote.gif

I romanced Liara in ME 1.
I last minute romanced Garrus in ME 2.
Then in ME 3 I told Liara we were still together right after telling Garrus the same thing. Progressed on with Liara then (unintentionally) had a shower with Traynor and (intentionally) led on Allers.

So am I a bad person or is my female Shepard just easy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops go_quote.gif

They didn't get kinky no matter what I did. Disappointment.

Chimp Challenge Participant  150 Million Folding Points  BOINC Pentathlon Participant   Foldathon Participant 2015 

dman811 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #7872 of 10778 Old 06-04-2015, 07:19 AM
Retired Staff
 
DarthBaggins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Kennesaw, GA/Nantucket, MA
Posts: 9,477
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Lol well I didn't have to be at the shop till 8am so got some sleep after putting him back to bed, it's really not that bad especially now that he's sleeping all night and this morning was the first in weeks he woke up like that.

250 Million Folding Points  BOINC Pentathlon Participant   Foldathon Participant 2015  Foldathon Participant 2016  Foldathon Participant 2017  Forum Folding War 2017 

DarthBaggins is online now  
post #7873 of 10778 Old 06-04-2015, 10:56 AM
Mr. 980
 
Darkness Sakura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Downham Market, UK
Posts: 1,385
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman811 View Post

Yowza, that's one thing I don't look forward to with kids.

It's not as bad as you think really, they eventually grow out of it. What makes it hard, or can make it hard, is if you're a single parent - even then I can't speak on that since me and the wife both share responsibilities. We're on our second so it's just starting the process all over again really...


Edit:

So I'm starting to think these core 18s that have come out may remedy the issue with Maxwell working in Windows... not that I plan to convert back to Windows entirely but it may be an upcomming option. Lololo and Lalala will always be Linux but Snow Bunny and Kittens may change back to Windows if all goes well.

Seems like Hertz might be alright where he is now. thumb.gif

Also a victim of Kevdog's LawKevdog's Law (Click to show)
Kevdog's 1st Law states that during a folding event such as a Foldathon, previously stable folding equipment will invariably fail and possibly self-destruct. Kevdog's 2nd Law states that when one stops folding, previously stable folding equipment will invariably fail and possibly self-destruct. Kevdog's 3rd Law states that previously stable folding equipment will invariably fail and possibly self-destruct. -WonderMutt

500 Million Folding Points  Foldathon Participant 2015 

Darkness Sakura is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #7874 of 10778 Old 06-04-2015, 01:46 PM - Thread Starter
WaterCooler
 
Ithanul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Finally back State side.
Posts: 5,308
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Only thing is these 18s are all over the place with Maxwell. Just looked over the work unit log on HFM.net. Same work unit can give over 470-480k PPD on the 980 then turn around give only 380k PPD. Though had one give over 503k PPD on the 980 and another give over 200k PPD on the 960. Wish they where a little more consistent though.

The Titans on the other hand tend to give out the same PPD with 18s. Have yet to see a 21 on the Titans yet.
Hmmm, maybe core 21s will only show up if the newer Nvidia drivers are installed? The Titans are still running a several month old driver. Still on the old 347.09 driver.
Been debating once Nvidia suppose to release a new driver to help out the Kepler cards to install that one after it is released.

I'm just a crazy nutty gal that likes computer hardware.


Certs (Click to show)
Security +
Associates CS degree.
Studying for HAM Radio Technician license.
Working on ALS and gaining CCAF degree (6 credits to go).
Onwards for a Bachelor in Electrical Engineering.

Chimp Challenge Participant  250 Million Folding Points  BOINC Pentathlon Participant x3  Foldathon Participant 2015  Foldathon Participant 2016  Foldathon Participant 2017  Forum Folding War 2017 

Ithanul is offline  
post #7875 of 10778 Old 06-04-2015, 05:17 PM
Mr. 980
 
Darkness Sakura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Downham Market, UK
Posts: 1,385
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithanul View Post

Only thing is these 18s are all over the place with Maxwell. Just looked over the work unit log on HFM.net. Same work unit can give over 470-480k PPD on the 980 then turn around give only 380k PPD. Though had one give over 503k PPD on the 980 and another give over 200k PPD on the 960. Wish they where a little more consistent though.

The Titans on the other hand tend to give out the same PPD with 18s. Have yet to see a 21 on the Titans yet.
Hmmm, maybe core 21s will only show up if the newer Nvidia drivers are installed? The Titans are still running a several month old driver. Still on the old 347.09 driver.
Been debating once Nvidia suppose to release a new driver to help out the Kepler cards to install that one after it is released.

I've noticed the fluctuations too, but then again I'd rather take fluctuations in Windows rather than completely PPD stifling work units. Since I'm in Linux this is a bit frustrating though, but I'm thinking of having 24/7 Ubuntu rigs (Lololo & Lalala, maybe Kittens) and then having my gaming rig that will fold in Windows assuming they keep up the core 18s that have been showing up rather than killing my 980s with those ones that give 1/4 of what is capable.

I figure with all my GPUs it won't hurt to have one computer folding in Windows and the other 3, or 4, folding in Linux 24/7.

Also a victim of Kevdog's LawKevdog's Law (Click to show)
Kevdog's 1st Law states that during a folding event such as a Foldathon, previously stable folding equipment will invariably fail and possibly self-destruct. Kevdog's 2nd Law states that when one stops folding, previously stable folding equipment will invariably fail and possibly self-destruct. Kevdog's 3rd Law states that previously stable folding equipment will invariably fail and possibly self-destruct. -WonderMutt

500 Million Folding Points  Foldathon Participant 2015 

Darkness Sakura is offline  
post #7876 of 10778 Old 06-04-2015, 05:24 PM - Thread Starter
WaterCooler
 
Ithanul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Finally back State side.
Posts: 5,308
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness Sakura View Post

I've noticed the fluctuations too, but then again I'd rather take fluctuations in Windows rather than completely PPD stifling work units. Since I'm in Linux this is a bit frustrating though, but I'm thinking of having 24/7 Ubuntu rigs (Lololo & Lalala, maybe Kittens) and then having my gaming rig that will fold in Windows assuming they keep up the core 18s that have been showing up rather than killing my 980s with those ones that give 1/4 of what is capable.

I figure with all my GPUs it won't hurt to have one computer folding in Windows and the other 3, or 4, folding in Linux 24/7.

Yeah, true, at least they don't drop the PPD like a rock on them. Though, both of these babies probably may never run under Windows.

May try out this new Nvidia driver though for the Titans to see if it gives them a little more points when they fold. Think I should get around to setting up a dual boot on the main rig. For some reason I notice Ubuntu just runs faster in general, but can stream videos from online like a champ. Also I mostly only been playing Minecraft of late so gaming would not be a issue for me.

Basically what been holding me back from going full Linux is not gaming, but support for the digital art programs and 3D rendering programs.
Which reminds me, I need to reinstall ArtRage onto the main rig.

O here a shoot of the 960 and Titan with the same work unit. Only difference is OS.
Though quite interesting considering the core clock speed of both cards. 960 is at 1470MHz while the Titan is at stock of 993MHz. Makes me wonder when actually get my lazy butt around to flashing these Titans what they could do at near or over 1200MHz.


I'm just a crazy nutty gal that likes computer hardware.


Certs (Click to show)
Security +
Associates CS degree.
Studying for HAM Radio Technician license.
Working on ALS and gaining CCAF degree (6 credits to go).
Onwards for a Bachelor in Electrical Engineering.

Chimp Challenge Participant  250 Million Folding Points  BOINC Pentathlon Participant x3  Foldathon Participant 2015  Foldathon Participant 2016  Foldathon Participant 2017  Forum Folding War 2017 

Ithanul is offline  
post #7877 of 10778 Old 06-04-2015, 06:23 PM
Retired Staff
 
DarthBaggins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Kennesaw, GA/Nantucket, MA
Posts: 9,477
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 90
I know I'll be adding windows to one of the drives this weekend since I'll be adding the 128GB Corsair Force GS to JAC as well as the 500GB WD Black that has Mate on it while I tear down R.C70 (not looking forward to draining the Pastel).

250 Million Folding Points  BOINC Pentathlon Participant   Foldathon Participant 2015  Foldathon Participant 2016  Foldathon Participant 2017  Forum Folding War 2017 

DarthBaggins is online now  
post #7878 of 10778 Old 06-04-2015, 09:27 PM
Mr. 980
 
Darkness Sakura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Downham Market, UK
Posts: 1,385
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithanul View Post

Yeah, true, at least they don't drop the PPD like a rock on them. Though, both of these babies probably may never run under Windows.

May try out this new Nvidia driver though for the Titans to see if it gives them a little more points when they fold. Think I should get around to setting up a dual boot on the main rig. For some reason I notice Ubuntu just runs faster in general, but can stream videos from online like a champ. Also I mostly only been playing Minecraft of late so gaming would not be a issue for me.

Basically what been holding me back from going full Linux is not gaming, but support for the digital art programs and 3D rendering programs.
Which reminds me, I need to reinstall ArtRage onto the main rig.

O here a shoot of the 960 and Titan with the same work unit. Only difference is OS.
Though quite interesting considering the core clock speed of both cards. 960 is at 1470MHz while the Titan is at stock of 993MHz. Makes me wonder when actually get my lazy butt around to flashing these Titans what they could do at near or over 1200MHz.


Like I said, it would be for gaming reasons only and simplicity for the wife.

Also a victim of Kevdog's LawKevdog's Law (Click to show)
Kevdog's 1st Law states that during a folding event such as a Foldathon, previously stable folding equipment will invariably fail and possibly self-destruct. Kevdog's 2nd Law states that when one stops folding, previously stable folding equipment will invariably fail and possibly self-destruct. Kevdog's 3rd Law states that previously stable folding equipment will invariably fail and possibly self-destruct. -WonderMutt

500 Million Folding Points  Foldathon Participant 2015 

Darkness Sakura is offline  
post #7879 of 10778 Old 06-04-2015, 10:06 PM
Hall Monitor
 
hertz9753's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bismarck, ND US
Posts: 11,941
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Do the new drivers work with folding on the GTX 770-GK104 chips? I'm still running the 327.23 drivers.

Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.

AVR-Onkyo TX-NR808
Front amp-Adcom GFA 555>Polk Audio LSi9's(Vr3 Castle Mods)
Center amp-Adcom GFA 5400>Polk Audio LSi9 passive bi-amped(Vr3 Castle Mod)
Surrounds-Polk Audio F/X500's
Sub-Velodyne SPL-1000R

Chimp Challenge Participant  Foldathon Folder - 2012 Participant  Foldathon Folder - 2013 Participant  1 Billion Folding Points  Foldathon Participant 2014  Foldathon Participant 2015  Foldathon Participant 2016  Forum Folding War 2017 

hertz9753 is offline  
post #7880 of 10778 Old 06-04-2015, 10:11 PM
FOLDING! FOLD FOLD FOLD!
 
dman811's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Folding@Home Section - Man Cave - North Carolina
Posts: 11,444
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 120

That's what I'm wondering. I'll flash my 660 Ti back to stock this weekend and update the drivers on my HTPC and then I'll report back with results.


Still In Beta Folding Team Captain
post-flame-small.gifProudly Folding For Still In Betapost-flame-small.gifHFM Live Stats

Steam: ctxdemon | Origin: DerickM
Signature Worthy Quotes (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NameUnknown go_quote.gif

I romanced Liara in ME 1.
I last minute romanced Garrus in ME 2.
Then in ME 3 I told Liara we were still together right after telling Garrus the same thing. Progressed on with Liara then (unintentionally) had a shower with Traynor and (intentionally) led on Allers.

So am I a bad person or is my female Shepard just easy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops go_quote.gif

They didn't get kinky no matter what I did. Disappointment.

Chimp Challenge Participant  150 Million Folding Points  BOINC Pentathlon Participant   Foldathon Participant 2015 

dman811 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off