[Se7ensins] Crytek Wants Crysis 3 to be the Best Looking Game of All Time - Page 16 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #151 of 222 Old 04-27-2012, 06:12 AM
PC Gamer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Send a message via MSN to RobotDevil666
HeH ! I just love how this "old" tech in Witcher 2 completely owns Crysis 2 , but noooo !! that's tessellation !! DX11 it simply MUST be better doh.gif
No amount of apologists is going to compensate for the disappointment Crysis 2 was , though i have to admit this thread explains it little bit.
Why should Crytek even try if people say things like "Crysis 2 has better stock textures than Crysis"
This kind of complete and utter nonsense is part of the problem why developers stop trying , people can't even tell the difference so why bother ................... no wonder Specs Savers has a blooming business , i would advise some people here to visit them.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 222 Old 04-27-2012, 06:14 AM
PC Gamer

Liked: 3
Reset beat them to it.

deep down we all like killing zombies

post #153 of 222 Old 04-27-2012, 08:27 AM
WaterCooler

Liked: 128
Tesselation is only part of it and I don't know why you keep going on and on about it. Your arguing against nothing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #154 of 222 Old 04-27-2012, 08:44 AM
PC Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild View Post

Crysis 2 and CryEngine 3 were rushed a bit, but CryEngine 3 has everything the second one had and much more. So, DX11 is not always better than DX10, but engines upgraded to dx11 are always better than their predecessors without that technology.

I'm just trying to prove to you that several bad textures do not make a bad graphic engine ( a part which you conveniently chose not to answer to). Crysis has many low-quality textures as well which I showed you, but we don't remember Crysis for its few low textures. Nor should we remember the fantastic graphics of Crysis 2 for their few low textures.
Overall, it cannot be denied that the scenery of Crysis 2 is more breathtaking, both in detail and technology. If you do not agree post a screenshot of unmodded Crysis 1 which is superior to the ones I posted from Crysis 1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtom320 View Post

His point is that Cryengine 3 does everything Cryengine 2 does with better optimization and more features. People always complain about the textures for example in Crysis 2 but little do they know the texture resolution was unchanged from Crysis 1 to Crysis 2. How anyone could look at Crysis 2 and determine that the textures are worse is beyond me. It's quite clear in screenshots and when you play the game. Crysis 1 is riddled with bad object detail and poor interiors. Still looks amazing no doubt but it's been surpassed by quite a few titles at this point. Add Dx11 features like Bokeh DoF which are literally not used in any other game but Crysis 2 and you have a game that looks much better.
It is a fact Crysis 2 uses superior technology to Crysis 1. The witcher 2 is not as technically impressive as Crysis 2 either but looks good due to extremely high texture resolution and a really really good art team.
Now you can still like the look of Crysis 1 better. Heck you can like the look of Half-Life 2 for that matter but it doesn't change the fact that one game is more technically impressive then the other.

Why are you trying to sidetrack this to a conversation about CE2 vs CE3 ?
The fact that Cry Engine 3 has greater capabilities than Cry Engine 2 doesn't really matter here , what matters is how it was implemented in the game.
Crysis 2 was designed and developed with consoles in mind and with consoles limiting how much of Cry Engine 3 capability can be used , in result we got console game on PC .
You can see Crysis 2 lacking in detail , texture quality , console optimized controls , level size and structure , covering lackluster details with blur , bloom and other effects , that it was developed with XboX/PS3 in mind and as a limiter.
Slapping on DX11 patch and few textures months later does not help that much , if anything it shows that it's just a damage control , DX11 implementation is very poor in Crysis 2 , tesselating objects that can't be seen by the player ? that's your idea of "optimized engine " ? kookoo.gif
If that's the DX11 superiority Crysis 2 is offering than I'm sorry i rather take properly coded DX9 game any day.
To be honest i don't even know why I'm pointing this out to you , after "Crysis 2 stock textures are better than Crysis"
You clearly can't see the difference so me explaining this to you is like showing a movie to a blind person , sure he can hear it but he'll never see it.

post #155 of 222 Old 04-27-2012, 09:05 AM
MegaTechPC

Liked: 1086
Lol, you're describing yourself when you talk about being unable to see the differences. We see just fine, Crysis 2 is obviously superior. I've follwed Born2bwild and jtom for a while now and I am quite certain they know far more about graphics and surrounding technology than you ever will. But please continue to troll every Crysis thread you can find because I'm blocking your ignorant and useless rants from here on out...
post #156 of 222 Old 04-27-2012, 09:10 AM
Audiophile

Liked: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saizer View Post

Shame on you sir, graphics are the most important part of a game.

Graphics are meaningless without the substance to entertain the player. That means that even with the most advanced/sophisticated graphics it would still be meaningless without the proper optimizations , story-line , plot flow , variety , add-on's/dlc's and so forth.

Take for example Crysis 1 and 2. I've played both and re-played both and it they clearly lacked in the Storyline and Re playability factor. My personal opinion on those games is that they are nothing more than over glorified Video Card Benchmarks. Once you beat both games there was nothing that kept the player coming back to those games and hence there was no re-playability value in either 1/2.

"Don't talk like one of them. You're not! Even if you'd like to be. To them, you're just a freak, like me! They need you right now, but when they don't, they'll cast you out, like a leper! You see, their morals, their code, it's a bad joke. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these... these civilized people, they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve."
post #157 of 222 Old 04-27-2012, 09:24 AM
PC Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin SSJ Eric View Post

Lol, you're describing yourself when you talk about being unable to see the differences. We see just fine, Crysis 2 is obviously superior. I've follwed Born2bwild and jtom for a while now and I am quite certain they know far more about graphics and surrounding technology than you ever will. But please continue to troll every Crysis thread you can find because I'm blocking your ignorant and useless rants from here on out...

But of course anything that shows your opinions and views as wrong has to be ignored and people who disagree with you have to be ignorant and useless otherwise how could you live with yourself , surly you MUST be right ......... right ?
What an enlightened man you are.

post #158 of 222 Old 04-27-2012, 09:27 AM
Oh Baby!

Liked: 17
"Best looking game of all time..." No Crysis 4 then? tongue.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrews2547 go_quote.gif

Women suck at almost everything. The only time they were good at anything was when Cliopatra was in charge and they lived in triangles. Triangles aren't manly.
post #159 of 222 Old 04-27-2012, 09:56 AM
WaterCooler

Liked: 128
Not even worth arguing this anymore. Just going in circles.

It's so painfully obvious people hold this opinion only because the game was released on consoles as well. Get over it seriously. There are no PC exclusive developers left because dev costs are high. Certain developers will still take the time to take advantage of a high-end PCs strength however. (Crytek/Dice/CDPR/Valve etc)

If you can't bring yourself to enjoy a multi-platform game then you are gonna have a really rough time enjoying gaming in the next 5 years or so because the trend is pretty clear.
post #160 of 222 Old 04-27-2012, 10:10 AM

Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45nm View Post

Graphics are meaningless without the substance to entertain the player. That means that even with the most advanced/sophisticated graphics it would still be meaningless without the proper optimizations , story-line , plot flow , variety , add-on's/dlc's and so forth.
Take for example Crysis 1 and 2. I've played both and re-played both and it they clearly lacked in the Storyline and Re playability factor. My personal opinion on those games is that they are nothing more than over glorified Video Card Benchmarks. Once you beat both games there was nothing that kept the player coming back to those games and hence there was no re-playability value in either 1/2.

I agree completely that Crysis had a stereotypical storyline, warhead was even worse. But they are awesome games to look at and it more then makes up for the poor storyline.

-

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page