[GS] Microsoft: No Halo 4 for the PC - Page 31 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #301 of 472 Old 11-10-2012, 04:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Alright, so you just described auto aim very accurately and articulately, now here's my question: What's wrong with auto aim? Auto aim might make it easier to aim, but it does not play the game for you. Auto aim is necessary on consoles (and perhaps on PC too) to compensate for the lack of coordination that you have in a game that plays on a flat screen. Even if you were to get full out aimbot, the game does not play for you and it requires some skill. As for your argument that controllers suck, I think that keyboard is better than ABYZ and D pad, mouse is better than right joystick and triggers/bumpers, but joystick is better than wasd. Overall keyboard and mouse is better than controller because you can utilize 8 different fingers at once with keyboard and mouse while you can only use 4 with a controller. I could expand more on my thoughts of keyboard vs mouse, but I won't.

As for framerate, my PC plays BF3 at 15+ fps, but the gameplay still feels pretty smooth. I play it on high graphics just because it looks so much better, even if the frame rate isn't as high. Oh and as for console BF3. Yes, it sucks. I've played it. The pixelly textures, the low detail models, and the overly occluded shadows, yuck. As for Halo 4, the graphics will not be limited by the console. Since BF3 is one of very few games that really is limited by the graphical capabilities of a console, Halo 4 will be perfectly fine on console. Still though, there are other reasons why PC is better other than graphics, and controls. For this, I agree that Halo 4 would be a more suitable PC game. I wish it were frown.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 472 Old 11-10-2012, 05:02 PM

Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rognin View Post

Actually I think it's more of an over saturation of FPS games. One more or less, what's it really going to change for the average PC user?
And Halo one was fun because it was innovative for consoles. That was what 11 years ago? That's an old record to be spinning (or cow to be milking) if you ask me.
Same could be said for the Half Life series... rolleyes.gif Except Valve has no pride and releases it on every console...(the real milkage)

swah

post #303 of 472 Old 11-10-2012, 05:14 PM
Gir
Overclocker

Liked: 66
Consoles are so cheap now, why not just own everything?

I have a PC, PS3, 360 and a vita. This may be shocking, but it actually is possible to love and enjoy games based on the game and not the platform it's on.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #304 of 472 Old 11-10-2012, 05:36 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulerxx View Post

Same could be said for the Half Life series... rolleyes.gif Except Valve has no pride and releases it on every console...(the real milkage)

So making a game multi-platform now is milking? I'm curious as to why Half Life is milked. You have Half Life 1, and you have Half Life 2 not including the sequels. Last sequel came out 5 years ago, and with such high demand for another Half Life, if Valve was actually trying to milk their customers they would of came out with plenty more in between Episde 2 and now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rognin View Post

Actually I think it's more of an over saturation of FPS games. One more or less, what's it really going to change for the average PC user?
And Halo one was fun because it was innovative for consoles. That was what 11 years ago? That's an old record to be spinning (or cow to be milking) if you ask me.

Halo keeps the skill gap on the consoles high. It's about the only game left FPS wise on the consoles with a high skill ceiling. I would hardly call Halo milked.
post #305 of 472 Old 11-10-2012, 05:44 PM
Console Gamer

Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by <({D34TH})> View Post

Halo 3 is not even on PC, so I'm not surprised for one bit.
This, not sure what people were expecting. I can only see future Halo spin-offs being ported to PC.
post #306 of 472 Old 11-10-2012, 06:56 PM
Unreal Warfare

Liked: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmasteR View Post

A highly doubt you can enjoy using a steering wheel for a fighting game. In fact i've never heard of anyone using a steering wheel for a fighting game...
A better comparison would be IMO. Fightstick for a fighting game is the same as using a mouse and keyboard for FPS games. Using a controller on a FPS game is like using a keyboard in a fighting game.

I agree with this post. The previous analogy was very extreme and, to be honest, a little ridiculous. dmasteR's example is, at least, realistic.

And with that said, there are people who play fighters pretty well with a keyboard, even prefer it. Doesn't make it best but shows people can, and will, be competent with what they prefer.
post #307 of 472 Old 11-10-2012, 07:16 PM

Liked: 8
Almost 10 pages of controller vs kb+m? Count me in! biggrin.gif

PS: kb+m for me...
post #308 of 472 Old 11-10-2012, 07:29 PM
*cough* Stock *cough*

Liked: 8
That's why if I play on my console I use the xim no controller here for halo lol.
post #309 of 472 Old 11-10-2012, 08:22 PM
4.0 GHz

Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmasteR View Post

So making a game multi-platform now is milking? I'm curious as to why Half Life is milked. You have Half Life 1, and you have Half Life 2 not including the sequels. Last sequel came out 5 years ago, and with such high demand for another Half Life, if Valve was actually trying to milk their customers they would of came out with plenty more in between Episde 2 and now.
Halo keeps the skill gap on the consoles high. It's about the only game left FPS wise on the consoles with a high skill ceiling. I would hardly call Halo milked.
Then you have L4D-L4D2 and potentially a third, counter-strike, counterstrike source, counterstrikeGO and theyre all fps games. I didnt get into pc gaming till I was about 15 but didnt halo get released on the pc a little while after? Id rank Halo in my top ten favorite franchises, atleast if they are "milking" it they games feel different from each other. They all have improvements over the last, which cant be said about some other franchises.

post #310 of 472 Old 11-10-2012, 08:38 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 1086
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page