[GameSpot] Battlefield 4 to be shown off by EA in the next three months - Page 25 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #241 of 261 Old 02-14-2013, 06:09 AM
Overclocker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by moocowman View Post

That's actually a good tactic! xD

I wish there was a way to implement a version of titan mode into the next Battlefield. I don't really see how it would work, though. frown.gif

They could base it on the new MASSIVE automated Aircraft carriers the british navy have built.

Infiltration by personal submaries!

man....that would be EPIC. thumb.gif

Secondary Gaming/Work machine:

Dell vostro 3550(8gb ram) i5 2410m-
Intel3000/AMD HD6630m@ FFXIV Med settings
Win7 ultimate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 261 Old 02-14-2013, 08:20 AM
News Fiend

Liked: 39
is BF 2 still populated and competitive? I want to get back into it, but when I think about it makes me think it would be a waste of time downloading it. Got slow internet right now lol.
post #243 of 261 Old 02-14-2013, 10:38 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zcypot View Post

is BF 2 still populated and competitive? I want to get back into it, but when I think about it makes me think it would be a waste of time downloading it. Got slow internet right now lol.

http://www.gametracker.com/search/bf2/US/?searchipp=50&sort=c_numplayers&order=DESC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #244 of 261 Old 02-15-2013, 08:36 AM
PC Gamer

Liked: 78
Believe it or not there are still quite a handful of people that play BF2. Bout to reinstall it myself
post #245 of 261 Old 02-15-2013, 09:13 AM
PC Gamer

Liked: 24
And theres also the Project Reality for BF2 that really paves the way bf3 should've gone.

All in all I'm still impressed with how many highly populated servers there are for BF2 to this day.

I'd still rather set aside money for Arma 3 than for BF4, especially now that the Greeks have let the devs out of prison:thumb:
post #246 of 261 Old 02-15-2013, 09:26 AM

Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMills View Post

And theres also the Project Reality for BF2 that really paves the way bf3 should've gone.

All in all I'm still impressed with how many highly populated servers there are for BF2 to this day.

I'd still rather set aside money for Arma 3 than for BF4, especially now that the Greeks have let the devs out of prison:thumb:

It just seems like you want a more realistic shooter rather than a Battlefield game. I can guarantee more people would hate BF3 if it had gone the ultra realistic route. I'm not saying I would (I do enjoy Arma 2 quite a bite) but Battlefield was just never meant to be that way and simulations are a very niche market.

Speaking of population, though.. BF3 still has the same amount of people playing as it did when people were saying it's already dying. tongue.gif So much for that.

Moo.
post #247 of 261 Old 02-15-2013, 10:03 AM
News Fiend

Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackops_2 View Post

Believe it or not there are still quite a handful of people that play BF2. Bout to reinstall it myself

sweet! I might get into the modding comunity, I never tried anything other than Vanilla BF2... crap.. to remember my OLD login..
post #248 of 261 Old 02-15-2013, 10:16 AM
PC Gamer

Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by moocowman View Post

It just seems like you want a more realistic shooter rather than a Battlefield game. I can guarantee more people would hate BF3 if it had gone the ultra realistic route. I'm not saying I would (I do enjoy Arma 2 quite a bite) but Battlefield was just never meant to be that way and simulations are a very niche market.

Speaking of population, though.. BF3 still has the same amount of people playing as it did when people were saying it's already dying. tongue.gif So much for that.

I do, but then again I dont. Arma pisses me off whenever people dont work together or servers get fouled up, or it just gets boring, which is not the problem with any of the bf series.
I kinda pick n choose what style i feel like playing day to day. a little bf3 and a little arma covers both ends for me.thumb.gif

More often what bugs me about bf3 is the lack of multi-level buildings and destruction, but that will come in time me thinks
post #249 of 261 Old 02-15-2013, 10:19 AM
Folding Fanatic

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domino View Post

Yeah, been playing since BF1942; including all the expansions. BF2 was the last of the battlefield series.

Do you remember the massive ship battles... Those were the days... Sixth grade... no life except for bf1942. Man I feel old. hairysmiley.png

Now all we have is this bull**** that EA is putting out, and what is this? No mod tools. Shame on you EA. mad.gif
post #250 of 261 Old 02-15-2013, 11:46 AM

Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMills View Post

I do, but then again I dont. Arma pisses me off whenever people dont work together or servers get fouled up, or it just gets boring, which is not the problem with any of the bf series.
I kinda pick n choose what style i feel like playing day to day. a little bf3 and a little arma covers both ends for me.thumb.gif

More often what bugs me about bf3 is the lack of multi-level buildings and destruction, but that will come in time me thinks

I can agree with that. They both definitely have their place. I think it's a bit boring to stick to only one game. I like me some variety! xD

I don't really agree about the multi-level buildings since there is quite a bit of verticality in most of the maps. Most buildings that you can enter at least have a second story. As for the damage, I wouldn't say there is a lack of damage, but that it's spread out differently. In Bad Company 2, most maps had buildings that were spread out and smaller so it was easier to have buildings that could be completely destroyed. Battlefield 3 has more maps located in populated areas where it would be hard to have to buildings completely destructible since most of them are rather big. I personally like it because it's awfully satisfying shooting a rocket at a building above a group of people and watching them get crushed by the debris. tongue.gif

Moo.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page