[DO] EA Refusing Refunds Over Simcity. - Page 61 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #601 of 668 Old 03-12-2013, 03:35 PM
3.5ghz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 153
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/03/11/simcity-is-inherently-broken-lets-not-let-this-go/

This sums it up nicely for me anyway.

Play Dwarf Fortress!

Chimp Challenge Participant  1 Million+ Folding at Home points 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #602 of 668 Old 03-12-2013, 03:47 PM

Liked: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheGreek View Post

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/03/11/simcity-is-inherently-broken-lets-not-let-this-go/

This sums it up nicely for me anyway.

This.

And this:
Quote:
To see anyone defending EA and Maxis for the state of SimCity, even were it in perfect working order on launch, depresses me to my core. This self-flagellation-as-skincare notion, where gamers loudly and proudly defend the destruction of their own rights as consumers, is an Orwellian perversity. That it might be considered in any way controversial to call them out on their crap, to point out that no, always-on DRM is not an advantage to anyone, is bewildering. It’s a sign of just how far the gaming world has fallen into the rabbit hole of the publisher’s burrowing.

post #603 of 668 Old 03-12-2013, 03:53 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 265
A news site (blog) "syndicated" with Steam, complaining about DRM slowly eroding away consumer rights or control rolleyes.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #604 of 668 Old 03-12-2013, 03:57 PM
WaterCooler

Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzleBoy View Post

A news site (blog) "syndicated" with Steam, complaining about DRM slowly eroding away consumer rights or control rolleyes.gif

Your hardly one to criticize someone for being biased.

post #605 of 668 Old 03-12-2013, 03:58 PM
3.5ghz

Liked: 153
Quote:

I don't understand the difference or issues at hand either so lets get upset and roll our eyes! rolleyes.gif Who cares about the actual content of the post anyway! Just keep posting something polarizing in every thread, even if it doesn't make sense.

Play Dwarf Fortress!

Chimp Challenge Participant  1 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #606 of 668 Old 03-12-2013, 04:07 PM
4.0ghz

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnticingSausage View Post

Your hardly one to criticize someone for being biased.

I didn't call them biased, I called them hypocrites.

The only reason they feel strong enough to complain right now is because its EA and because its regarding an existing franchise.

If a new game came out that wasn't called SimCity or made by EA/Maxis, but had all the feautures of this SimCity marketed as an online city builder, the airwaves would be reeeeeeeeal quiet right now.

There would be hubbub about initial server issues, followed by the silence after they are fixed and it would be all roses after that if people liked the game.

If the game went on sale on Steam, they'd include it in their Steam sales updates.

However, they only have the strength to speak up when its "cool" to do so, which is precisely why nothing will change going forward.

My point is, they are not rebelling against the business model, its a company they're rebelling against.

COUNTLESS games have been released as multiplayer games in an attempt to get people paying for the game. Its been happening for years and years.

If a new IP releases from a new company and the game does well using the same business model, they won't make a peep of noise.
Orici likes this.

post #607 of 668 Old 03-12-2013, 04:12 PM
WaterCooler

Liked: 29
Quote:

I didn't call them biased, I called them hypocrites.

The only reason they feel strong enough to complain right now is because its EA and because its regarding an existing franchise.

If a new game came out that wasn't called SimCity or made by EA/Maxis, but had all the feautures of this SimCity, the airwaves would be reeeeeeeeal quiet right now.

There would be hubbub about initial server issues, followed by the silence after they are fixed and it would be all roses after that if people liked the game.

If the game went on sale on Steam, they'd include it in their Steam sales updates.

However, they only have the strength to speak up when its "cool" to do so, which is precisely why nothing will change going forward.

Well as for it being a SimCity, it makes sense that fans of the series would be annoyed at the new direction it took. That couldn't really happen if it was a new title altogether.

Perhaps your right that it gets more heat due to it being EA, though they've certainly earned some of their reputation. It doesn't make peoples complaints to be less valid.

post #608 of 668 Old 03-12-2013, 04:16 PM
4.0ghz

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnticingSausage View Post

Well as for it being a SimCity, it makes sense that fans of the series would be annoyed at the new direction it took. That couldn't really happen if it was a new title altogether.

Perhaps your right that it gets more heat due to it being EA, though they've certainly earned some of their reputation. It doesn't make peoples complaints to be less valid.

I didn't say their complaints weren't valid, I said that they were hypocrites.

post #609 of 668 Old 03-12-2013, 04:25 PM

Liked: 149
The only hypocrite is you, Grizzleboy. You constantly bash Steam and Valve and you clearly give EA a free pass.

They are both guilty of the same thing! Yet, you only defend one of them (EA) and lambaste the other (Steam). Your bias is showing; pull your pants up.

post #610 of 668 Old 03-12-2013, 04:30 PM

Liked: 92
And all you do is instigate without actually adding anything constructive to the conversations.

Moo.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page