[POLYGON] Battlefield 4 Official Reveal At GDC March 26th. - Page 19 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 198 Old 04-02-2013, 05:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Both are kind of a given. Origin has been fairly successful and Battlelog ended up being really nice. Along with the BetterBattlelog mod, Battlelog has everything you need in one place and it doesn't take any longer to start up a game and join a server. No clunky in-game server browser to worry about.

Moo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 198 Old 04-02-2013, 06:41 PM
PC Gamer

Liked: 73
Absolutely LOVE battlelog, so much easier than having to load up the game first. I can look through servers and stats even if I'm just looking to see if a server looks fun and fair before I even make the decision to actually play or not. thumb.gif

Origin is getting better, I got to give that to them. Steam was garbage at one time too.

post #183 of 198 Old 04-02-2013, 07:19 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 135
Send a message via AIM to ryboto
Quote:
Originally Posted by xSociety View Post

Absolutely LOVE battlelog, so much easier than having to load up the game first. I can look through servers and stats even if I'm just looking to see if a server looks fun and fair before I even make the decision to actually play or not. thumb.gif

Origin is getting better, I got to give that to them. Steam was garbage at one time too.

Why couldn't they incorporate it INTO Origin though??? Having to launch my browser and all the tabs I had open is silly.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #184 of 198 Old 04-02-2013, 07:31 PM

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by moocowman View Post

Both are kind of a given. Origin has been fairly successful and Battlelog ended up being really nice. Along with the BetterBattlelog mod, Battlelog has everything you need in one place and it doesn't take any longer to start up a game and join a server. No clunky in-game server browser to worry about.

I agree completely. People crap on Origin because of EA but Origin in and of itself is no worse than Steam in my opinion. If anything, Steam has become far too bloated these days.
post #185 of 198 Old 04-02-2013, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryboto View Post

Why couldn't they incorporate it INTO Origin though??? Having to launch my browser and all the tabs I had open is silly.

I wouldn't want it incorporated into Origin for the same reason I surf steam's workshop in a browser rather than in steam itself. It would be a lot slower and clunkier.

Moo.
post #186 of 198 Old 04-02-2013, 10:30 PM
Overclocker in Training

Liked: 11
i wouldve liked battlefield to not be on origin at all, seems to be a big franchise why not it be its own origin? the battlelog can be just that no need to have it on origin.

/
post #187 of 198 Old 04-03-2013, 02:29 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 823
Quote:
Originally Posted by dioxholster View Post

i wouldve liked battlefield to not be on origin at all, seems to be a big franchise why not it be its own origin? the battlelog can be just that no need to have it on origin.

Quite simple really.

You know when you go to the supermarket and at the tills, they have fizzy drinks, crisps, sweets, chocolate etc... they're strategically positioned as impulse purchases.

Replace shopping with Battlefield and drinks/crisps with discount games and you have the same effect. How many times have you gone onto Steam to play a game and seen a fantastic discounted deal on front page and bought it on an impulse... you only bought it because it was there, in your face. That's what Origin is attempting to do... except they're missing the key ingredient, cheap games.

Just take a poo on his lawn, that'll sort it. Then say his slutty daughter did it. - ace8uk (2017)
post #188 of 198 Old 04-03-2013, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98uk View Post

Quite simple really.

You know when you go to the supermarket and at the tills, they have fizzy drinks, crisps, sweets, chocolate etc... they're strategically positioned as impulse purchases.

Replace shopping with Battlefield and drinks/crisps with discount games and you have the same effect. How many times have you gone onto Steam to play a game and seen a fantastic discounted deal on front page and bought it on an impulse... you only bought it because it was there, in your face. That's what Origin is attempting to do... except they're missing the key ingredient, cheap games.

It's also their form of DRM. tongue.gif I know no one likes that, though.

Moo.
post #189 of 198 Old 04-03-2013, 05:12 PM
PC Gamer

Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by moocowman View Post

It's also their form of DRM. tongue.gif I know no one likes that, though.
I have no problem with it. My internet is always on and never goes down though, so I guess I just don't notice it.

post #190 of 198 Old 04-03-2013, 05:45 PM
1.7ghz

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldExclusive View Post

If they included VOIP, I still wouldn't use it. Just saying.
Not interested in little generals ruining my gaming experience.
Console Beta to be more specific. Crysis 2 was a console Beta also.
Crysis 3 improved and felt like the real successor to the original Crysis.

BF4 on next gen hardware should be a lot better.

I still think BF4 is going to be held back also because it is still being released on current consoles as well...and we know damn well that DICE/EA aren't going to make 2 drastically different BF4's for 360/PS3 and then for PC/PS4/Nextbox.

I don't think we'll see the TRUE potential of next gen Battlefield until BF5 when it's only on PC/PS4/Nextbox and not on the 360/PS3.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page