post #71 of 162 Old 07-14-2016, 01:55 PM
Overclocker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcard36qs View Post

Sold. Will love reliving these classics with my children.

I tried to get my 11 year old brother in law into old NES/SNES games and such. He found them way too hard and went back to playing COD...

Me and the wife will get 100's of hours of gameplay from this thing when it releases tho, and I gotta get my own kid into retro games as soon as he can game, hes only 2 and a half yet so we have time smile.gif
kyrie74 likes this.

Most recent CPUs: 5000+ BE, 555BE, 1090T, 965BE, G3220, 955BE, FX8120, FX6300
Most Recent GPUs: HD4670, HD 4770, CF HD4870, GTX560, HD 6850, HD6950, HD7950

Last edited by Sprocket75; 02-03-2016 at 08:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 162 Old 07-14-2016, 02:07 PM

Liked: 25
Kinda surprises me it doesn't come with wireless controllers. Does it have internet access be cool to play some games like that mario maker or play certain games co-op with friends like battle toads, double dragon, Bubble Bobble, ect. Basically need this hacked for roms and I'll buy one in a minute.

Gaming Rig
post #73 of 162 Old 07-14-2016, 02:08 PM
self deprecating narcissist

Liked: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargeit View Post

This is what modern emulation is about...

Excuse the video quality. The screen is glossy and reflects my monitor and light source behind it in the video. Not an issue in normal usage. The pi3 has no power button so I turn it on at the power strip. Just don't turn it off at the strip without first shutting down the system correctly. No, this was not plug and play though a few hours of tinkering can get it all set up. And yes, this isn't were I plan on keeping it. It's a little spot I setup for my emulation until I move it somewhere else like the living room. Dog's name is Dixie.

Nice, but I would still rather buy the games. For me the downloaded ROM aspect is kind of a deal breaker, I know everyone has their own opinion on the subject but I try to avoid that stuff.

Last edited by SoundChex; 06-29-2014 at 08:28 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #74 of 162 Old 07-14-2016, 02:11 PM
Overclocker

Liked: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjdubb View Post

Nice, but I would still rather buy the games. For me the downloaded ROM aspect is kind of a deal breaker, I know everyone has their own opinion on the subject but I try to avoid that stuff.

I thought the whole grey area was around the company no longer selling/supporting the game/platform for so long IIRC, could be wrong. Does companies bringing back retro stuff like this negate that? Does this open the gates for more DCMA style lawsuits and the like? Not trying to start anything, just curious...

Most recent CPUs: 5000+ BE, 555BE, 1090T, 965BE, G3220, 955BE, FX8120, FX6300
Most Recent GPUs: HD4670, HD 4770, CF HD4870, GTX560, HD 6850, HD6950, HD7950
post #75 of 162 Old 07-14-2016, 02:13 PM

Liked: 25
Quote:

I see where you're coming from, but if people didn't keep those games alive through ROM's most would be lost to memory. Ultimately they are practically like free marketing for people to continue to support Nintendo. Just my 2 cents it's not like people could go out and easily access many titles over the last 20+ years so Nintendo could receive the money for them anyway. Not like they get a cut of used game sales.
LAKEINTEL likes this.

Gaming Rig
post #76 of 162 Old 07-14-2016, 02:14 PM
self deprecating narcissist

Liked: 201
I'm not sure to be honest. I'm not really concerned with the legal aspect or getting in trouble for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuts4 View Post

Kinda surprises me it doesn't come with wireless controllers. Does it have internet access be cool to play some games like that mario maker or play certain games co-op with friends like battle toads, double dragon, Bubble Bobble, ect. Basically need this hacked for roms and I'll buy one in a minute.

If you wanted all that stuff why would you even consider this? Just install an emulator and play with your wireless controller.

post #77 of 162 Old 07-14-2016, 02:29 PM
To The Game

Liked: 287
Quote:

I've had my rom collection for some time. Before retro was becoming a thing. I just never felt bad about downloading them. Not like pirating a new game or movie which you're directly affecting the companies profits. Mostly old crusty games that can't be bought outside of sites like ebay. I know for sure I don't want a massive pile of old cartridge games taking up space in my house.

As for my rom collections, it's my most backed up information. Makes me kind of feel like a keeper of knowledge. I know as long as I keep all of these rom files safely backed up they'll be available. Though, I don't have them up for torrenting or anything. Guess by this point I feel like these games are my history and belong to me. Is what it is and I owned most of the games I really play as a kid.

Though, I don't mind buying things like this little NES. Keep those coming and I'll keep buying them. Know what I'm getting my Nephew for Christmas. Likely one for myself also since it's cool.

Bring on an SNES version please.
LAKEINTEL likes this.
post #78 of 162 Old 07-14-2016, 03:04 PM
New to Overclock.net

Liked: 73
Pure gold. I can see the short supply issues already just in time for the holidays. This is by design to create hype and demand. Well played Nintendo!
post #79 of 162 Old 07-14-2016, 03:35 PM
Case Modder

Liked: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by FattysGoneWild View Post

Pure gold. I can see the short supply issues already just in time for the holidays. This is by design to create hype and demand. Well played Nintendo!

It's working just fine on me. I will be buying this. Love the idea of having all my old favorites ready to go without having to change the cartridge (and clean them if they don't work). I still have my original NES and most of these games, but getting a tiny version with direct hdmi and proper scaling sounds great.

headphone.gifdeadmau5 Secret Fanclub Thread headphone.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by _AKIMbO_ go_quote.gif

These won't deliver the wub wub wub wubs or the wobble ehehehe wub wub *drop* bump bump wub of dubstep. It's a lie.
post #80 of 162 Old 07-14-2016, 03:42 PM

Liked: 366
Yeah, how dare people demand things!

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page