[TG] Intel Offers Far Cry 2 Glimpse - Page 3 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #21 of 27 Old 02-24-2008, 04:36 PM
Heaven's Full and Hell Won't Have Me

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 321
the game does look amazing, mind blowing you might say. and the engine looks to hold a lot of promise.

but lets not hype this up too much ay. or at least, dont allow yourselves to succumb to the hype.

those that were most disappointed with Crysis, guaranteed are the ones that expected the most out of it. and look what happened. Crysis didnt fail, our machines did.

i do believe that this game will run better than Crysis, mainly because Ubisoft would of had the time to assess the impact Crysis had, and maybe ensure they made optimisations and adjustments to avoid the Crysis crisis. but i seriously doubt that the game will run much more than like, 40fps on current hardware. thats just a ballpark estimate on my part, but look at the game. the massive open environments, that attention to detail, the advanced physics system... thats gotta be pretty dam demanding on hardware..if its not optimised well, could be a recipe for disaster.

im holding my hype in until i have the game running on my PC.

Wait, we can't stop here. This is bat country...

Still Wanna Visit Australia?
Quote:
"If there's anything worth doing, it's worth doing right." -
Hunter S. Thompson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 Old 02-24-2008, 05:02 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisforheroes View Post
so will far cry 2 be pasted to hell with nvidia and intel logo's just like crysis? urgh.. hate the way they try to hijack games like this and put their name all over it.
Hijack? Generally Nvidia/ATi puts as much work into the graphics sector of a game as the developers do. They have good reason to put their name all over it.

post #23 of 27 Old 02-24-2008, 10:00 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 77
Yeah, what about the Intel billboards in BF2?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 27 Old 02-25-2008, 12:17 AM - Thread Starter
WaterCooler

Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by liermam View Post
Hijack? Generally Nvidia/ATi puts as much work into the graphics sector of a game as the developers do. They have good reason to put their name all over it.
Correction, u mean nvidia puts their name all over it. It's quite rare u see a game that advertises ATI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeDooD go_quote.gif
Dude U.S. Army is like Halo except there are no re-spawns.
post #25 of 27 Old 02-25-2008, 02:39 AM

Liked: 150
i'm sure that crytek is aiming very high for Far Cry 2-- to day the PS3 yawns at every game made for it, and crytek knows very well that PC gaming, as to the console, is the only thing that can graphically perform. Crytek's gaming engine is being developed to be better looking than hollywood HD protuctions. they don't care about it being able to run on dinky computers. you can play half life 2 for those. my military friends love Far Cry because of it's extreme realism and because of its dynamic AI, a nd it sounds like Far Cry 2 is going to be even better.

Athlon XP 1700+ 1.4GHz to 2.39GHz
Intel Core2 E6600 2.4GHz to 3.4GHz
Intel Xeon X5272 3.4GHz to 3.66GHz
Intel i7-5820K 3.6GHz to 4.0GHz

post #26 of 27 Old 02-25-2008, 03:05 AM
4.0ghz

Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisforheroes View Post
so will far cry 2 be pasted to hell with nvidia and intel logo's just like crysis? urgh.. hate the way they try to hijack games like this and put their name all over it.

but otherwise.. cant wait for this game. im actually real excited now. not decided if i'm gonna get it for PS3 or PC yet.
I get off to those logos and it makes me sleep better at night. On the other hand, Far Cry looks huuuuuuuuuuuge!
post #27 of 27 Old 02-25-2008, 03:32 AM
Forum Manager

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1329
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipod4ever View Post
crysis is playable on all high u just have to have a ok system unlike yours
Well there is no need to be so immature about it. Also I can say now that looking at YOUR system that you can not fully max the game out to its fullest potential and have a playable FPS. I can tell by just looking..

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberjon View Post
sure. a 4Ghz core 2 duo. and a 8800gtx (prob overclocked too) on a tiny 22 incher.. most people with a gtx used 24+

how about a game that can be played on mid range machines (stock) native widescreen resolutions all maxed out..

like a pentium D and a 7900gtx at 1680x1050 all high 2x AA 60 fps and detail to make crysis look like a cartoon

not everyone can afford a new pc every 8-16 months. let alone the know how to overclock.

so you want game developers to develop a game for 1-2% of the world? saying screw the rest?

i for one would like to see this game actually blow socks off the majority.. not the minority.....
Agreed. Developers should not be pushing just for new hardware all the time. Its ok occasionally but IMO Crysis actually went a little too far..it pushed too hard and thus people were really let down when they could not play it with nice eye candy at a good FPS.

Developers that make games for the people = FTW
Developers that push for newer more expensive hardware only pleasing corporate companies and not the customer = FTL.

Welcome to Overclock
grouphug.gif Fold for the Cause, Fold for the People grouphug.gif

Chimp Challenge 2 x Participant  100 Million+ Folding at Home points  Overclock.net 10 Year Member 

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page