[Joystiq] Supreme Commander for Xbox 360 - Page 2 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #11 of 70 Old 02-25-2008, 07:34 PM
I am Iron Man

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 179
I can't play SupComm without the strategic map on my second monitor, it just don't work.

Most who don't understand don't care and most who do understand also don't care.
The only people with a problem are the people who don't understand but still care, but then that's the problem with most topics these days.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 70 Old 02-25-2008, 07:56 PM

Liked: 131
Send a message via MSN to Armadi110
hmm, this is gonna phail, the 360 already has problems with overheating, whats gonna happen when you get a big Army on Supcom- Red ring of death methinks or w/e there called. My computer runs out of RAM at 4000units and the cpu warms up nicely, and yet the 360 can barely handle HL2..... phail

The world rotates to the ultra heavy beat!

Xfire | My OCN Wallpaper :] | CAD Renders | Geometry Wars Thread | Gallery | Industrial Music Group
post #13 of 70 Old 02-25-2008, 08:20 PM
2.4ghz

Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
Well lord of the ring Battle for middle earth 2 was like the best console rts ive ever played, lets hope this is better
BFME was childs play compared to this game. Did BFME have 1k+ units on the screen at one time? Was it very precise in the movement of your infantry units?? Supreme Commander is a spectacular RTS that will be an epic fail. Console kids only care about the "next big game" This is not one of them and as previous posts say, they will not appreciate this game.

Sup Com with no mouse and keyboard = laughable

I played BFME on 360 for about 3 minutes...it was a joke. They should have just slapped you in the face for the 60 bucks they charged people for it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 70 Old 02-25-2008, 08:30 PM
PC Gamer

Liked: 120
This is going to be like Starcraft 64... which was a mess mainly because of how slow the N64 was in managing so many things at once, but still playing with a controller is just no.
post #15 of 70 Old 02-25-2008, 08:35 PM
Bioweapon

Liked: 1287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xombie View Post
SupCom + 360 = fail.
epic fail more like
Talk about not only being late but squeezing the cash cow.

[Project] Ω Reestablished / [Project]Nemesis i7 Revival
"A new Genesis is at hand, and I shall be its creator!"~Albert Wesker
"The best case mods are never finished, but in a perpetual state of evolution."~Flux
"Do not let the kindness of your heart be sullied by the underhandedness and lack of sincerity of those that you cross paths with." ~ Syrillian

post #16 of 70 Old 02-25-2008, 08:42 PM
I am Iron Man

Liked: 179
I actually don't think this will translate that bad to consoles, a couple of things it has going for it is that it isn't about alot of intricate movements (or at least alot of the games I have watched, and the games I play), it is more about selecting big masses of units A B and C and throwing them against units D E and F.

Not that I am going to buy it, RTS is for PC only in my opinion. but as long as they can keep it from information overload I think it will be okay, nothing spectacular, but nothing on teh crappiness scale of Starcraft 64.

Yes crucify me if you wish.

Most who don't understand don't care and most who do understand also don't care.
The only people with a problem are the people who don't understand but still care, but then that's the problem with most topics these days.

post #17 of 70 Old 02-25-2008, 08:54 PM
2.4ghz

Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakazi View Post
I actually don't think this will translate that bad to consoles, a couple of things it has going for it is that it isn't about alot of intricate movements (or at least alot of the games I have watched, and the games I play), it is more about selecting big masses of units A B and C and throwing them against units D E and F.

Not that I am going to buy it, RTS is for PC only in my opinion. but as long as they can keep it from information overload I think it will be okay, nothing spectacular, but nothing on teh crappiness scale of Starcraft 64.

Yes crucify me if you wish.
Hmmm...Intricate movements is the name of the game with SupCom...
post #18 of 70 Old 02-25-2008, 09:05 PM
I AM NEHALEM

Liked: 343
Send a message via AIM to HrnyGoat Send a message via MSN to HrnyGoat
Who says RTS games can't work on consoles? I remember games like Populous II and Sim City on the SNES. Weren't difficult to play.
post #19 of 70 Old 02-25-2008, 09:52 PM

Liked: 105
Those weren't the same kind of RTS as Supreme Commander. Those were city builders

post #20 of 70 Old 02-25-2008, 10:14 PM
I AM NEHALEM

Liked: 343
Send a message via AIM to HrnyGoat Send a message via MSN to HrnyGoat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armadi110 View Post
hmm, this is gonna phail, the 360 already has problems with overheating, whats gonna happen when you get a big Army on Supcom- Red ring of death methinks or w/e there called. My computer runs out of RAM at 4000units and the cpu warms up nicely, and yet the 360 can barely handle HL2..... phail
I wish you guys would actually do some research into this stuff before you post. First, the RRoD affects primarily older 360. Second, increasing CPU load isn't gonna significantly increase heat. There are plenty of poorly optimized games that already max out the CPU, this will be no different.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betrivent View Post
Those weren't the same kind of RTS as Supreme Commander. Those were city builders
Populous I and II aren't city builders. They are RTS games and did fairly well on consoles.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page