[kotaku]Kojima Disappointed With PS3's Power. - Page 10 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #91 of 106 Old 04-19-2008, 07:15 PM
4.0ghz
 
triggerc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 926
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikon View Post
Here's another interesting graph for you:




Oh, btw. It's called CellSDK, not Cell Engine.
If that was supposed to be funny, I missed the point. Your humor is too far above the level of comprehension I have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iandh View Post
Folding =/= gaming
Thank you for pointing out the obvious, quad core also has almost no effet on today's games, so why compare a cell processor to a pc cpu at all?

Sound path: Essence STX --> CIaudio VHP-2 --> SR225/HD600/D2000/NAD receiver + Magneplanars

Portable: ALO Cryo Dock --> Minibox-e+ --> Livewires/SE530
triggerc is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 106 Old 04-20-2008, 05:14 AM
Fan Man
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: FI
Posts: 755
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggerc View Post
If that was supposed to be funny, I missed the point. Your humor is too far above the level of comprehension I have.
I searched for a interesting graph and it ended up here.
I was very tired at that point of the night.

Ikon is offline  
post #93 of 106 Old 04-20-2008, 05:24 AM
4.0ghz
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,055
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikon View Post
I searched for a interesting graph and it ended up here.
I was very tired at that point of the night.
I think I actually saw that graph in another post way back when when someone else was also trying to be funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitemarks and bloodstains go_quote.gif
kill em all while drunk then use their blood to mod a comp then kill myself devil-smiley-019.gif

xdaseinx is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #94 of 106 Old 04-21-2008, 05:06 AM
4.0ghz
 
RickJS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,241
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackClocker View Post
What I'm talking about is simple, the ps3 and 360 hardware cannot match up to the newer computers and that is why Kojima is giving his little rant.
You're wrong.

If the cell is programmed specifically enough I don't see why it couldn't keep up with a modern PC CPU. As for the RSX, well thats just outdated.
RickJS is offline  
post #95 of 106 Old 04-21-2008, 05:10 AM
4.0ghz
 
Hellisforheroes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: England
Posts: 4,158
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 189
kojima is a very ambitious man. no console on the market right now could satisfy his own interpretation of the last game in the MGS series but its quite easy to say the best of the bunch for MGS4 is the PS3 for its blu-ray capacity and cell processor.

Hellisforheroes is offline  
post #96 of 106 Old 04-21-2008, 05:23 AM
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,009
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickJS View Post
You're wrong.

If the cell is programmed specifically enough I don't see why it couldn't keep up with a modern PC CPU. As for the RSX, well thats just outdated.
I'll trade you my 80gb ps3 for the computer in your signature.

Never express yourself more clearly than you are able to think.

Spray Painted Lian Li
Intel Wolfdale E8400 4.50ghz
Intel Pentium E2180 3.73ghz
8800gs+AcceleroX1 Mod
X-Fi Xtrememusic+LM4562 Mod

CrackClocker is offline  
post #97 of 106 Old 04-21-2008, 05:48 AM
4.0ghz
 
RickJS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 4,241
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackClocker View Post
I'll trade you my 80gb ps3 for the computer in your signature.

I think PCs are better. Not necessarily hardware wise but I think they are better.
RickJS is offline  
post #98 of 106 Old 04-21-2008, 05:51 AM
Forum Manager
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: England,UK
Posts: 61,933
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1329
I think the PS3 is the perfect and only good platform for MGS4. Both costwise and logically.

The fact that MGS4 uses most of a 50GB disk throws Xbox360 straight out of the window. MS is unlikely to adopt Blu-ray I think...not only that but coding MGS4 from the PS3 architecture to Xbox360 would be a mission in itself.

Now MGS4 could be a PC platform game...BUT such Pc's would need to come equipped with a Blu-ray drive.

Welcome to Overclock
grouphug.gif Fold for the Cause, Fold for the People grouphug.gif
 
 
 

Chimp Challenge 2 x Participant  100 Million+ Folding at Home points  Overclock.net 10 Year Member 

ENTERPRISE is online now  
post #99 of 106 Old 04-21-2008, 05:54 AM
4.0ghz
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,650
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 64
He could fit the game onto a DVD.....the only reason why it's filling up a Blu-ray disk is because he's trying to keep all the audio/textures/etc. uncompressed so you get the best quality gaming experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by $till LegendaryU2K go_quote.gif
Having the best is cool, but having something good is even better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by logo199 go_quote.gif
Don't kill your self, be honorable, go out in a hail of police gunfire, fight you way to the finish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by $till LegendaryU2K
I have no plans to die
Dillard13 is offline  
post #100 of 106 Old 04-21-2008, 06:01 AM
Forum Manager
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: England,UK
Posts: 61,933
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillard13 View Post
He could fit the game onto a DVD.....the only reason why it's filling up a Blu-ray disk is because he's trying to keep all the audio/textures/etc. uncompressed so you get the best quality gaming experience.
I undertstand that...I am not sure how much it would take away from the game if he was to get it on a Dual layer DVD but I very much doubt he would be willing to do that considering hes already dissapointed because he still wants more, I doubt he will want to make any move to make it ''Worse'' as such.

Welcome to Overclock
grouphug.gif Fold for the Cause, Fold for the People grouphug.gif
 
 
 

Chimp Challenge 2 x Participant  100 Million+ Folding at Home points  Overclock.net 10 Year Member 

ENTERPRISE is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off