[IGN] GTA IV Review! - Page 10 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 122 Old 04-26-2008, 12:49 PM
4.0ghz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 97
gta hasn't added a whole lot since 3, maybe planes and better physics. That is all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 122 Old 04-26-2008, 12:50 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 417
I think this will be one of the most overrated games ever. I didn't like1, 2 or 3. This one will be no different. Boring I will give it a 10 myself for lamest game ever...lol

Chimp Challenge Participant  Overclock.net 10 Year Member 

post #93 of 122 Old 04-26-2008, 12:51 PM

Liked: 116
Looks like a nice game, but I doubt it'll be as big as SC2.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #94 of 122 Old 04-26-2008, 12:54 PM
Hiding my wife and kidz

Liked: 842
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerhz View Post
I think this will be one of the most overrated games ever. I didn't like1, 2 or 3. This one will be no different. Boring I will give it a 10 myself for lamest game ever...lol
Don't play it when it comes out then. D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanrc go_quote.gif
Portal will last 6-10 on the first play through. I don't know about the others. Your machine can handle it fine, I've played them all on a 2600 and they still look great.
Fold for Overclock.net!How to: Remove Crysis intro screensOverclock.net @ Last.FM threadMy summer air cooling

Chimp Challenge Participant  1 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #95 of 122 Old 04-26-2008, 12:58 PM
Stimmed

Liked: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerhz View Post
If you didn't like 1, 2, or 3 then you should try Vice City and San Andreas.

From the looks of it, GTA IV will be much different. One of my major gripes in the previous versions was the terrible AI, and shoddy aiming system.

A64 3500+ > X2 3800+ > E6300 > X4 640 > Phenom II N970 > G3220

6800GS > X1950pro > 8800GT > 460GTX > HD6470M > HD7700GHZ
post #96 of 122 Old 04-26-2008, 01:03 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal05 View Post
If you didn't like 1, 2, or 3 then you should try Vice City and San Andreas.

From the looks of it, GTA IV will be much different. One of my major gripes in the previous versions was the terrible AI, and shoddy aiming system.
Exactly...I have both the PS3 and 360 what one would you think this game would be better on? DO you think that it will be much better than the others?

Chimp Challenge Participant  Overclock.net 10 Year Member 

post #97 of 122 Old 04-26-2008, 01:13 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by igob8a View Post
Looks like a nice game, but I doubt it'll be as big as SC2.
What's SC2?
post #98 of 122 Old 04-26-2008, 01:20 PM

Liked: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by D3lta View Post
What's SC2?
Starcraft 2

This seems like an odd comparison to me. They are two completely different types of games with different audiences.
post #99 of 122 Old 04-26-2008, 01:21 PM
3.5ghz

Liked: 8
I don't understand why everyone is ripping on GTA . . . well some are.

I love the series, it's probably the most free-roaming/do what you want kind of game on the market. There's tons to do, and I enjoy the stories (in the previous ones). It's not your MGS/Bioshock/HL2/Final Fantasy VII (had to throw in FFVII =P) epic style stories, but it's got a good enough feel to it. Sort of Sopranos/Godfather/Scarface style stories, which is very entertaining. The gameplay is very good, there's so much to do in these games. It's just flat out fun to play.

They're also very large games, which is a plus nowadays. You can blow through most games too quickly.

Lastly the graphics . . . . they have to render that WHOLE city so give it a chance. No it's no Crysis or GT5, but cmon . . . . not like Crysis has much more to say outside of it's graphics anyhow. It has zero gameplay . . . once you're done admiring the scenery you wonder why you bought the game. Again what someone else said, you want graphics go watch a movie lol.

And personally Gameplay = Story >>>> Graphics IMO . . . . give me Zelda OoT or FFVII and even some older GTA's and they're still the best games of all time regardless of they're graphics.

post #100 of 122 Old 04-26-2008, 01:24 PM
4.0ghz

Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by SephirothGod View Post
I don't understand why everyone is ripping on GTA . . . well some are.

I love the series, it's probably the most free-roaming/do what you want kind of game on the market. There's tons to do, and I enjoy the stories (in the previous ones). It's not your MGS/Bioshock/HL2/Final Fantasy VII (had to throw in FFVII =P) epic style stories, but it's got a good enough feel to it. Sort of Sopranos/Godfather/Scarface style stories, which is very entertaining. The gameplay is very good, there's so much to do in these games. It's just flat out fun to play.

They're also very large games, which is a plus nowadays. You can blow through most games too quickly.

Lastly the graphics . . . . they have to render that WHOLE city so give it a chance. No it's no Crysis or GT5, but cmon . . . . not like Crysis has much more to say outside of it's graphics anyhow. It has zero gameplay . . . once you're done admiring the scenery you wonder why you bought the game. Again what someone else said, you want graphics go watch a movie lol.

And personally Gameplay = Story >>>> Graphics IMO . . . . give me Zelda OoT or FFVII and even some older GTA's and they're still the best games of all time regardless of they're graphics.
never used the editor or multiplayer ? i mentioned shadow of the colossus as well. Which imo was the single most beautiful game i have seen and it got a 9

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page