4.0ghz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 193
So in a nut shell, video games = peanut butter
so there for video games = delicious when paired with jelly

Got it, from now on I'll eat straight jelly every time I play BC2

Syrillian, You will never be replaced. Rest easy friend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 41 Old 06-10-2010, 01:00 AM
Overtime!!!

Liked: 275
Well duh!! I grew up with the real looney toons and I knew jumping off a cliff would kill me even though Wyle was not to badly mangled. I listened to AC/DC, Megadeath etc. and haven't killed anyone, yet. It sickens me after all the crap my generation had to listen to about this is bad and that is bad that we are now dogging the next generation the same way we were.

"Casualties: - many. Percentage dead: - unknown. Combat efficiency: - We are winning." Colonel David M. Shoup, November 20th, 1943, Tarawa Atoll
Please lets all FOLD for each other. Lets Unite. grouphug.gifEasy Single Nvidia GPU Folding Guide

post #33 of 41 Old 06-10-2010, 05:39 AM
4.0ghz

Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tufelhunden View Post
Well duh!! I grew up with the real looney toons and I knew jumping off a cliff would kill me even though Wyle was not to badly mangled. I listened to AC/DC, Megadeath etc. and haven't killed anyone, yet. It sickens me after all the crap my generation had to listen to about this is bad and that is bad that we are now dogging the next generation the same way we were.
well i heard some guy read 'a poop that took a pee' and he killed the kardashians!
so sad!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 41 Old 06-10-2010, 09:54 AM
Overclocker

Liked: 58
i 100% agree with this article wanna know why? ill tell you why. when i was younger i had a short fuse, calling me fat or dumb set me off in a rage of anger with lots of bad words and threats and even thoughts of suicide (it was bad) and then one day my friend gave me BF2 and now all my anger is taken out thru the online world now im one of the most mellow people you would probably meet also the online groups make one feel wanted gaming HAS changed my life, without them i would probably still have alot of problems. also epic tunes help alot lol\\

also

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPotato View Post
So in a nut shell, video games = peanut butter
so there for video games = delicious when paired with jelly

Got it, from now on I'll eat straight jelly every time I play BC2
thats epic i must sig it

exclamation.gifASUS DIRECTCU/DIRECTCUII OWNERS CLUB exclamation.gif
“There are no dumb questions—only dumb answers.” - Marshall Loeb
post #35 of 41 Old 06-10-2010, 09:59 AM

Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatsquare View Post
I think that the reason it gets dismissed is that most of us have personal experience that contradicts the view that violent games are a serious concern. Others can see the parallels between the condemnation of violent video games and that of Rock and Roll or Comic Books before it.
Exactly. Sports and video games turned me from an agressive violent kid into a calm, well-behaved one. I believe this sincerely. If you think it`s biased or incorrect, that's your opinion.

Higher FSB Vs Higher Multi: Gaming Difference
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDeodorant go_quote.gif
No. If I grow up, I can't fight Captain Hook with Peter Pan any more.

post #36 of 41 Old 06-10-2010, 10:04 AM
PC Gamer / Overclocker

Liked: 251
I really don't understand how this post got its name. Shouldn't it be "Violent video games not bad for most kids"? Where does the good come from? I think people should not be able to have that much artistic licence with the titles as not only is it misleading, but it is also a lie considering the article's contents.

Not a good news poster imo.

I'm on my 31st GPU!

Desktop GPUs: ATi Rage -> ATi Rage 128 -> VooDoo 2 -> Geforce 2MX -> Geforce 3 -> ATi 9200 -> ATi 9800 Pro -> Geforce 6600 GT -> Geforce 6800 GT -> Geforce 7800 GT -> ATi 1900 XTX -> nVidia 8800 GTX -> nVidia GTX 275 -> ATi 5870 -> AMD 6950 Unlocked -> AMD 7950 -> nVidia 1070 Ti
Laptop GPUs: ATi 9200m -> nVidia 9800m GS -> ATi 3870mx2 -> GTX 870m -> GTX 970m -> GTX 980m
Netbook GPUs: nVidia 9200 ion -> AMD 6310
Secondary Rig GPUs: nVidia 8800 GTS -> nVidia GTX 260 -> ATi 5870 -> AMD 6950 -> AMD 6970
Smart Phones: Samsung Galaxy S -> HTC Evo 3D -> Samsung Galaxy Nexus -> LG Nexus 5 -> Huawei Nexus 6P
Tablets: Asus Nexus 7 2012 -> Asus Nexus 7 2013
post #37 of 41 Old 06-10-2010, 10:13 AM

Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exostenza View Post
I really don't understand how this post got its name. Shouldn't it be "Violent video games not bad for most kids"? Where does the good come from? I think people should not be able to have that much artistic licence with the titles as not only is it misleading, but it is also a lie considering the article's contents.

Not a good news poster imo.
As has been replied:

Quote:
Recent research has shown that as video games have become more popular, children in the United States and Europe are having fewer behavior problems, are less violent and score better on standardized tests," Ferguson, a guest editor for the journal, explained.
Quote:
Violent videogames can increase aggression and hostility in some players but they can also benefit others by honing their visual/spatial skills and improving social networking ability, scientists said.
Quote:
But on a more positive note Pamela Kato, of University Medical Center in Utrecht in the Netherlands, showed in her research that specially tailored games can help to prevent asthma attacks, and ease pain management and diabetes treatment.
Why can't people believe games can be good for you? I'm not saying they're as good as exercise but come on....

Higher FSB Vs Higher Multi: Gaming Difference
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDeodorant go_quote.gif
No. If I grow up, I can't fight Captain Hook with Peter Pan any more.

post #38 of 41 Old 06-10-2010, 10:21 AM
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Liked: 353
Putting a link to this article on my Facebook page...
And bookmarking it...

Finally they decide to do a study. Yay!

I only find it sad that we need studies to prove that video games don't hurt those of us who are 'normal'. OMG IT'S BAD FOR KIDS!!1!1!!!!11!!!! No, it's bad for kids who can't tell the difference between reality and a video game.
Also, if you don't like violent video games, don't play them. If you don't want your kid to be playing them, don't let them. You're the parent. Get some balls, don't be their best friend. That's not your job as a parent, get it straight.
Don't ruin MY fun just because YOU don't think that it's right for YOUR kid.
post #39 of 41 Old 06-10-2010, 10:32 AM
PC Gamer / Overclocker

Liked: 251
I have hard time seeing this "Recent research has shown that as video games have become more popular, children in the United States and Europe are having fewer behavior problems, are less violent and score better on standardized tests," Ferguson, a guest editor for the journal, explained." being correctly correlated with video games. There are other structural changes in our societies that can account for this.

Bad correlation is bad.

I'm on my 31st GPU!

Desktop GPUs: ATi Rage -> ATi Rage 128 -> VooDoo 2 -> Geforce 2MX -> Geforce 3 -> ATi 9200 -> ATi 9800 Pro -> Geforce 6600 GT -> Geforce 6800 GT -> Geforce 7800 GT -> ATi 1900 XTX -> nVidia 8800 GTX -> nVidia GTX 275 -> ATi 5870 -> AMD 6950 Unlocked -> AMD 7950 -> nVidia 1070 Ti
Laptop GPUs: ATi 9200m -> nVidia 9800m GS -> ATi 3870mx2 -> GTX 870m -> GTX 970m -> GTX 980m
Netbook GPUs: nVidia 9200 ion -> AMD 6310
Secondary Rig GPUs: nVidia 8800 GTS -> nVidia GTX 260 -> ATi 5870 -> AMD 6950 -> AMD 6970
Smart Phones: Samsung Galaxy S -> HTC Evo 3D -> Samsung Galaxy Nexus -> LG Nexus 5 -> Huawei Nexus 6P
Tablets: Asus Nexus 7 2012 -> Asus Nexus 7 2013
post #40 of 41 Old 06-10-2010, 10:36 AM
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Liked: 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exostenza View Post
I have hard time seeing this "Recent research has shown that as video games have become more popular, children in the United States and Europe are having fewer behavior problems, are less violent and score better on standardized tests," Ferguson, a guest editor for the journal, explained." being correctly correlated with video games. There are other structural changes in our societies that can account for this.

Bad correlation is bad.
Care to provide some other correlations that would work?
Don't just state it's wrong without any proof. Provide something to go along with it.

Bad comment on bad correlation is bad.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page