Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 12 Old 06-10-2010, 03:16 AM - Thread Starter
what toyota

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 814
Quote:
While Take-Two Interactive still intends to "support the [BioShock] franchise," the publisher has revealed that the next entry could be handled by a different developer.

"We think BioShock is still one of the most important franchises in the industry," Take-Two chairman Strauss Zelnick said in a recent conference call to investors, as picked up by IGN. "We do intend to support it; doesn't necessarily have to be at [BioShock 2 maker] 2K Marin, but we do intend to support the franchise."
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/64190

R.I.P Syrillian
Blitz6804, ... you watch too many telecomunications commercials XD
staryoshi: Your wallet is tight like a clam. Let it breathe like a fish
JCG: you spent half of your life studying for a job, and the other half complaining about the said job
Miki, re Boxxy; She's totally adorable, who could not like her? I know, I know, some find her annoying. But, I think they are just boring so their opinions don't count.
Afrodisiac; You are such a hypocrite it's not even funny

Chimp Challenge Participant 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 06-10-2010, 03:38 AM
1.3ghz

Liked: 7
So basically by support they mean they'll stamp their logo on it and collect money.
While i dont think this bodes well for the next installment, bioshock 2 while not a bad game seemed like a minor step up in terms of gameplay and poorly integrated into the original plot.

post #3 of 12 Old 06-10-2010, 03:43 AM
4.0ghz

Liked: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by bak3donh1gh View Post
So basically by support they mean they'll stamp their logo on it and collect money.
While i dont think this bodes well for the next installment, bioshock 2 while not a bad game seemed like a minor step up in terms of gameplay and poorly integrated into the original plot.
I enjoyed Bioshock 2. But it really didn't bring anything really new to the plate. Still... this kind of worries me.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 06-10-2010, 03:52 AM

Liked: 191
2K australia? They partly made the first one (Australia day posters FTW). I'd like a big aussie only game

D610 l D7000 l 18-200mm VR l 80-200mm f/2.8 l 50mm f/1.8 l 20mm f/2.8

Chimp Challenge Participant 

post #5 of 12 Old 06-10-2010, 05:52 AM
Lord of the Chicken Wings

Liked: 218
Switching developers is rarely a good sign for any franchise.

Still haven't played BioShock 2 myself yet...loved the first one, but I have too many games already and no time to play them. Hopefully by the time I finish the two games I'm playing now, and the three I've already got but haven't even started yet, BS2 will be an el cheapo download on Steam or something.

XBox Live: Vulcan Draggon Steam: Vulcan Dragon
Currently Playing: Titalfall 2 (Xbox), Metal Gear Solid 5 (PC), Planescape Torment (PC)
Recently Finished: Call of Duty Infinite Warfare (Xbox), Doom (PC), Dishonored (Xbox 360)
Updated October 22, 2017
post #6 of 12 Old 06-10-2010, 06:12 AM
4387 point(s) total

Liked: 4426
Quote:
Originally Posted by VulcanDragon View Post
Switching developers is rarely a good sign for any franchise.

Still haven't played BioShock 2 myself yet...loved the first one, but I have too many games already and no time to play them. Hopefully by the time I finish the two games I'm playing now, and the three I've already got but haven't even started yet, BS2 will be an el cheapo download on Steam or something.
Isn't BioShock the spiritual successor of System Shock?

So BioShock itself switched developers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_Shock
Quote:
Despite its technological feats and critical acceptance, System Shock was outsold by its contemporaries.[6] A sequel, System Shock 2, was released by Looking Glass Studios and off-shoot developer Irrational Games in 1999.[9] System Shock was subsequently the progenitor of BioShock [10][11].

To answer most of your questions: (1) a fridge cannot cool a PC (2) 64-bit OS for over 3.4GB (3) If a PCIe card fits, it should work (4) Resolution, not screen size (5) Report, not respond to Spam (6) Single-Rail/Non-Modular PSUs are not always better than Multi-Rail/Modular (7) Sequential does not matter as much as random for OS drives (8) Requirements come before hardware for servers

post #7 of 12 Old 06-10-2010, 06:14 AM
Dark Themes Matter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 538
My thoughts when playing Bioshock 2 were: Why on earth does this not sound as good as the first game? It's a massive step down from the volume, atmosphere and fidelity of the first game. Then I noticed they had switched to FMOD.

Migration_Sherpa  Chimp Challenge 2 x Participant  1 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #8 of 12 Old 06-10-2010, 09:04 AM
4.0ghz

Liked: 165
bioshock isnt a franchise. it was a 1 off game that told the complete story. attempts as turning it into a cashcow has turned it into a franchise.

having said that, bioshock wasnt even that good of a game. it had a few great moments, but it doesnt hold a candle to system shock 1 or 2.
post #9 of 12 Old 06-10-2010, 09:43 AM
Grumpy

Liked: 776
Still haven't played part two, don't really have much motivation until there is a 50% off sale. So a new developer would probably make an even less exciting third game.

post #10 of 12 Old 06-10-2010, 09:47 AM

Liked: 115
They already switched developers for the last Bioshock game, so this isn't really a surprise to me. Bioshock didn't need a sequel, it was a perfect stand alone type game imo.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page