[Official] Dark Souls III Information and Discussion Thread - Page 91 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #901 of 950 Old 07-13-2016, 06:22 PM
4.0ghz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFL Replica View Post

Drivers make a difference. Which version are you using?

Currently 368.22 with gtx 980ti. Friend has an older driver with now problems. Going to install the latest (368.69) and see what happens.

My thirst needs quenching.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #902 of 950 Old 07-18-2016, 10:41 AM

Liked: 1
How do you guys feel Dark Souls III compares to Dark Souls? I haven't tried the second one yet, but I enjoyed the first.
post #903 of 950 Old 07-18-2016, 11:30 AM
1.7ghz

Liked: 110
DS3 is the worst for me. I left the game very fast, while I've spent more than 4k hours on DS1 and DS2 combined. It's simplified, linear, PvP sucks. But for some casual gamer that will beat the game only once and then move on to other titles it'll be a great experience. Not likely will s/he even notice the things that bothers me.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #904 of 950 Old 07-18-2016, 11:40 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ha-Nocri View Post

DS3 is the worst for me. I left the game very fast, while I've spent more than 4k hours on DS1 and DS2 combined. It's simplified, linear, PvP sucks. But for some casual gamer that will beat the game only once and then move on to other titles it'll be a great experience. Not likely will s/he even notice the things that bothers me.

Same. DS2 is my most played, but I still played through DS1 a few times. I played through DS3 once and that was it. I tried PvPing and that only lasted for a week or two and I got bored.

It felt kind of like The Force Awakens. There's no mistaking that it's a Dark Souls game/Star Wars movie, but there's nothing new or interesting enough to make it rise above its predecessors. In fact, the PvP felt like a big step back, and that's what keeps the game alive for me.

Vehicles (My Honda Ratio Is Slipping) (Click to show)
'98 Honda Accord EX-V6 sedan: totaled
'00 Honda Civic EX coupe: stolen, recovered, and then sold
'05 Honda Accord EX-V6 coupe: sold
'79 Corolla wagon: sold sad-smiley-002.gif
'97 Honda Civic DX hatchback: sold
'03 Honda CR-V EX: wife's car/family hauler
'91 Honda Civic Wagon DX: sold sad-smiley-002.gif
'14 Ford Fiesta ST: DD

Things TheBlademaster01 Doesn't Understand (Click to show)
English cooking terms
Coffee
Alcohol
Love for winters
Washington, D.C.
Ducks
Jokes

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBlademaster01 go_quote.gif

spuerhead

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBlademaster01 go_quote.gif

Winter = best season

post #905 of 950 Old 07-18-2016, 11:53 AM

Liked: 1
Hm, interesting, thanks. I never actually did a lot of PvP in Dark Souls, but then again, I played the game after it had been out long enough to turn to dust in the Steam Store. I'll likely end up playing both Dark Souls II and III just for the sake of completion though.
post #906 of 950 Old 07-18-2016, 01:17 PM
"Pride and Accomplishment"

Liked: 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ha-Nocri View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by superhead91 View Post

Same. DS2 is my most played, but I still played through DS1 a few times. I played through DS3 once and that was it. I tried PvPing and that only lasted for a week or two and I got bored.

It felt kind of like The Force Awakens. There's no mistaking that it's a Dark Souls game/Star Wars movie, but there's nothing new or interesting enough to make it rise above its predecessors. In fact, the PvP felt like a big step back, and that's what keeps the game alive for me.

Agreed. However, there is a chance that the DLCs will add something truly unique and interesting.

post #907 of 950 Old 07-22-2016, 06:00 PM
4.0ghz

So far so good with the drivers.

I like that coop is easier or seems to be.

post #908 of 950 Old 07-25-2016, 08:10 PM
333mhz

Liked: 21
I got bored in PVP in DS3 after only 1 week. I stuck with UGS/GA type weapons on my main build mostly. Profaned Greatsword and Yhorm's Great Machete were my 2 favorites.

I was able to make a spellsword build work as well. This was when most were saying spells are garbage in PVP. I had a dark mage SL 125, dark infused dark sword. And what I'd do is throw up affinity, and rush directly at you and take a running swipe with the dark Sword. Most players just think they can circle strafe to avoid getting hit just to get hit with the running R1 + a few of the affinity projectiles. Or sometimes I'd throw a couple GRS then rush in directly behind them. Again if you circle straffe, you're getting hit by the rush. Apparently, based on the amount of hate mail I've gotten on that Dark Mage, forcing people to have to Iframe through spells is gimmicky and OP. If I really wanted to give them the sniffles, I would have used washing pole running R1s + Affinity or GRS. That would have amounted to some massive QQs.

I had people sending me invites on steam to vent - regularly. My replies were typical juvenile git gud scrub. Or nice REKing u. Git rekt m8? Etc. Seeing as how they didn't deserve any respect beyond that if they're going to get mad enough to send hatemail.

Anyway, I got bored. The player base was just really terrible at the game. Too bad to really keep me interested. It wasn't uncommon for me to get summoned to a fight club and win 10-12 in a row. With most of the fights ending in under 15 secs.

Dark Souls 2 was pretty much the same deal. I remember camping the bellfry, and waiting to get invaded. Sat there and killed invaders for 30 straight minutes. Even got double invaded a few times. Never lost. BoB arena went almost the same way.

post #909 of 950 Old 07-30-2016, 08:25 PM
4.0ghz

Play with weaker stats and weapons then.

post #910 of 950 Old 08-03-2016, 10:29 AM
WaterCooler

Liked: 43
Finished dark souls 3 with 110 hours of game play and finished ds2 with 204 a lot of roaming around. Just stared ds1 and likin it. Deffinetly see where it all started and enjoy it. Very few games keep my interest.... Probably get bashed but can't wait for the new Zelda.... Childhood memories will be reborn! Ha ha

Caselabs S8
With pedestal

Asus Maximus formula vII
Dual gtx 980tis
16gb gskillz ram ddr 1866
4790k 4ghz

Full ek nickel Cpu gpu ram blocks
Dual loop

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page