MSI Twin Frozer GTX470+EK Nickel Block *Cheap. Folders get free shipping! - Page 2 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #11 of 17 Old 03-21-2012, 12:06 AM
4.0 GHz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pie View Post

it wasn't possible to take the PCI bracket without snapping it off.
The PCB is untouched/undamaged. If you'd like reassurance i'd throw it back into my rig for some furmark/games/kombuster but I'm afraid it might overheat easily before stress testing properly cause of the 1 fan that stopped working. I haven't been able to fix it in any case, but I'll try again if anyone wants me to test the card again~
edit: prices updated/dropped
I'm leaving Hong Kong to Toronto on the 29th~ so if anyone who's interested thats from Canada that wants to meet up instead that'll be fine by me

thats just crazy talk, its not supposed to snap / break off. Thats like saying the card needs to be cut in half to have the heatsink removed. I have a GTX470 I have opened it up many times, brackets, its very easy, just take out the two screws then one on the PCB(where it looks like you snapped it. I have done it many times, I also had a twin frozer card (gtx460) similar design on the bracket.

Will you include the PCIE Bracket? in case I can weld it back together or something?
See if you can run some furmark and some tests on it without anything breaking off or anything. I might take this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 Old 03-21-2012, 01:14 AM - Thread Starter
Droid Fanatic.

Liked: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBirdman74 View Post

thats just crazy talk, its not supposed to snap / break off. Thats like saying the card needs to be cut in half to have the heatsink removed. I have a GTX470 I have opened it up many times, brackets, its very easy, just take out the two screws then one on the PCB(where it looks like you snapped it. I have done it many times, I also had a twin frozer card (gtx460) similar design on the bracket.
Will you include the PCIE Bracket? in case I can weld it back together or something?
See if you can run some furmark and some tests on it without anything breaking off or anything. I might take this.

no it isn't crazy talk. IT IS POSSIBLE because i looked aroudn to trying to get it off and I couldnt' figure it out. Thsi isn't a reference cooler. I've stripped my refernce 470 before to put on a waterblock and the PCI bracket for the TF2 is different. I took out the screw on the back of the PCB, took the screws off the DVI port holders and it wouldn't budge. So impatient me twisted the bracket by the part that it was being held onto till metal fatigue caused it to break off. I do not believe I have the original bracket, but I'll check tonight.

Nothing is going to break off if I run furmark wth.gif the only thing I'm worried about is overheating cause the night I posed this F/S thread one of the fans randomly stopped spinning. I wasn't able to fix it and I just pulled it out of my rig. As I've said before: the card is fully functioning but I'll test again either tonight or tomorrow night in case some people decide that I'm trying to sell a dead card.

Chimp Challenge 2 x Participant  3 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #13 of 17 Old 03-21-2012, 04:46 PM - Thread Starter
Droid Fanatic.

prices dropped

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 17 Old 03-21-2012, 04:53 PM
PC Gamer

Liked: 54
So basically it has a broken pci slot AND a broken fan, and you can't fix either one? I might be interested if the fan worked, but with both defects, that's kind of a hard sell...

GLWS

Battlelog Profile (Add me!)
Heatware
Warning: Quote(s)! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturin go_quote.gif

Oh well, least it will be able to run minecraft like a boss.
Blah. Blah. Blah. Who cares?

2 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #15 of 17 Old 03-21-2012, 09:04 PM - Thread Starter
Droid Fanatic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorxrx View Post

So basically it has a broken pci slot AND a broken fan, and you can't fix either one? I might be interested if the fan worked, but with both defects, that's kind of a hard sell...
GLWS

Hence why there I'll sell my water block as well. I'm open to any offers....cash only though.

post #16 of 17 Old 03-26-2012, 06:47 AM
WaterCooler

Liked: 1
any pics with teh block on?

Chimp Challenge Participant  2 Million+ Folding at Home points 

post #17 of 17 Old 03-26-2012, 08:17 AM - Thread Starter
Droid Fanatic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagreen View Post

any pics with teh block on?

blocks on my other card( my dead 470 that is) I'll strip down my loop before I leave for Canada on thursday so I'll get some pics of it then

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page