[Build Log] First rig update "Going Black": X79 RIV BE, 4930k, Tri-SLI 780's, Black Acrylic Tubing - Page 4 - Overclock.net

Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 242 Old 10-30-2011, 10:25 PM
Audiophile

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 41
WOW! nice build mate keep up the good work and well done on having the balls to build and watercool all at the same time!

i wish you the best of luck and +1rep

WANT FREE STUFF?! CLICK HERE (just list me as referral)
JOIN THE NEW BF3 Platoon HUUAH! Click to Join.
LOLZ! (Click to show)
Donkey1514: All I need in my life is Boys Boys Boys doop dee doop doop doop.
Clock Speed 24/7! (Click to show)Add Me Up! (Click to show)

Steam: petes89

Origin: 23BigPete

Hit Me Up Tell Me Your From OCN.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 242 Old 10-30-2011, 11:46 PM
Commodore 64

Liked: 0
Very nice setup, I have a question as to how you have the RP452x2 setup. I have the rev 1.3 and I cant get my system to work. Are you planning on using the loopback kit? if so are you using the included acrylic piece and are you removing the long plug? I will definitely want to know what trick you used to get your system to bleed properly.

Lastly for the 580gtx. Mine came with a diagram that showed the 6 pin power connector lacking the top center pin. All my pci-e cables have the full 6 pin setup, and the only adapter my card supplied was a molex adapter with the proper pin heading. Did you have the same diagram I wonder?
post #33 of 242 Old 10-31-2011, 12:20 AM - Thread Starter
WaterCooler

Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Pete;15515544 
WOW! nice build mate keep up the good work and well done on having the balls to build and watercool all at the same time!

i wish you the best of luck and +1rep smile.gif

Thank you...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methodically;15516185 
Very nice setup, I have a question as to how you have the RP452x2 setup. I have the rev 1.3 and I cant get my system to work. Are you planning on using the loopback kit? if so are you using the included acrylic piece and are you removing the long plug? I will definitely want to know what trick you used to get your system to bleed properly.

Lastly for the 580gtx. Mine came with a diagram that showed the 6 pin power connector lacking the top center pin. All my pci-e cables have the full 6 pin setup, and the only adapter my card supplied was a molex adapter with the proper pin heading. Did you have the same diagram I wonder?

I'm keeping the long plug to split the reservior in half, but doing series pumps with alternate combined loops like Martin's image below.

As for the GTX 580 6 pin plug, in researching... I've been reading people using the 6+2 PCI-E cable that comes with the Corsair AX1200... and they leave the +2 dangling. Since I sleeved my PCI-E cables, I just left the +2 wires out of the connector that using for the 6 pin header... to keep my cable management clean. Yes, I do have the same diagram in my GTX 580 manual, but it seems like a lot of people still uses the PCI-E cables that come with the Corsair PSU.

abetterseriessetup.png
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 242 Old 10-31-2011, 01:39 AM

Liked: 8
wow what can i say, very impressive. sub'd and keep up the good work biggrin.gif

post #35 of 242 Old 10-31-2011, 01:48 AM
4.0ghz

Liked: 65
I can't help but think your wife must be incredibly understanding. That being said, I have some serious respect considering this is your first build and you are simply leaping all out into water cooling.

Hidden Text Below! (Click to show)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XNine go_quote.gif
Just wanted to say that I have purchased screws (black and Stainless Steel) from these guys and they're top-notch products. If you need screws, and you're lady ain't putting out, hit up FTWPC biggrin.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeKlok go_quote.gif
To be frank...by comparison, Vista is like a 500 pound crack whore
Win7 is like a swimsuit model. You can acomplish the same tasks with either; only the experience will be different.
post #36 of 242 Old 10-31-2011, 01:53 AM
4.0 GHz

Liked: 37
+ infinite respect
post #37 of 242 Old 10-31-2011, 01:57 AM

Liked: 245
Awesome work! Keep it up!

{IAM}BARBEQUED_LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlockaFlam2 go_quote.gif

yesterday i was thinking why am i running a 7970 on a $19, mATX mobo?
post #38 of 242 Old 10-31-2011, 01:58 AM
733mhz

Liked: 7
Loving it! Definitely subscribing to this!

CPU-Z Validator

BF3 - Dysheeeki ~ PS3 - Dysheeki ~ 360 - Ghettofix ~ Steam - Dysheeki
post #39 of 242 Old 10-31-2011, 08:26 AM
Everybody needs an LS Swap.

Liked: 89
Send a message via AIM to metallicamaster3 Send a message via MSN to metallicamaster3
Take the wife out to a fantastic dinner wink.gif. Mad props to her, haha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by erayser;15516408 
Thank you...

I'm keeping the long plug to split the reservior in half, but doing series pumps with alternate combined loops like Martin's image below.

As for the GTX 580 6 pin plug, in researching... I've been reading people using the 6+2 PCI-E cable that comes with the Corsair AX1200... and they leave the +2 dangling. Since I sleeved my PCI-E cables, I just left the +2 wires out of the connector that using for the 6 pin header... to keep my cable management clean. Yes, I do have the same diagram in my GTX 580 manual, but it seems like a lot of people still uses the PCI-E cables that come with the Corsair PSU.

abetterseriessetup.png

Something I always thought about - I don't like having the graphics cards in series. I've never done a full WC loop (I personally find them incredibly more expensive than what they're worth) but if I did do one I'd have the graphics cards get the same cool water at the same time -- meaning, have the tubing split into two (via a Y adapter?), enter the cards, come out, and join back together via a Y adapter, so that the second card isn't stuck with getting the first card's heat. Does that make sense?

Just something I thought of smile.gif. If I ever did a WC loop, I'd make it fully redundant with 3 loops redface.gif.

I'm from Brooklyn, I'm the OG owner of the New Yorker Club
post #40 of 242 Old 10-31-2011, 08:44 AM
4.0 GHz

Liked: 41
Instead of a y adapater, just run the graphic card's cooling setup in parallel?
Los Hog likes this.

Quick Reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page